Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I've got a question for those of you who are seasoned Club Level visitors. (Or just those of you who might have an opinion on this!) How many of your meals do you "plan" to be from the CL lounge versus making ADRs? What does a typical park day look like for you in terms of quick service, table dining, and club level lounge? I am really torn about how to plan our trip. We hit our two ADR windows this week and I booked a ton of stuff, but then looking at the pictures of the lounge, I feel like I'm "wasting" it.

For context, we are doing 4 nights at Poly CL, and 4 nights at AKL CL. We have 7 park days planned. (MK, EP, MK, AK, HS, EP, HS is the current order just based on the ADRs I got.) No park hopping. Two adults and a child in the room, but my local mom and sister will be joining us at the parks during the day. Some concerns with party members needing "breaks" which is why I initially booked a ton of ADRs.

This is my 7y/o's first Disney trip, and my spouse and I have not been in ~30 years so it might as well be our first time, too. We do not think we will do a trip "like this" again, but with a Disney employee family member, we will probably visit parks sometimes in the future when we come down to visit family.

Really interested in everyone's perspective on this!
Usually we try to do breakfast in the lounge most days, but will sometimes throw in a character breakfast or something, but most mornings are in the lounge and then right to a park. Then we'll have a lunch ADR or food booths at whatever Epcot festival is happening, back to the resort for a bit of a rest, we'll have evening apps/dinner in the lounge (much easier to do at a lounge like BWI that has an actual chef making food, but I've loaded up heavy in other lounges before and gotten plenty to eat). We usually head to a park after that, sometimes if we're still hungry we'll grab a QS or our favorite park snack, sometimes we just wait and hop back for the end of the dessert service. We haven't done CL since reopening since the first CL didn't open back up until right before my last trip in August, but during those 7 trips we still did pretty much all lunch ADRs and kept our same schedule (creatures of habit lol). We don't do a ton of QS, usually only a few, but if we do it's almost always in the evenings and lunch is almost always an ADR even without CL, it's a good break and they typically have less food in the lounge midday anyway so I don't mind skipping that.

Thanks so much -- your reply makes sense. When I look at my list of ADRs, I see stuff that I wouldn't be heartbroken to let go of, but then I think if we dine in CL, those are meals my mom and sister cannot join us for since they are not staying in the room with us. And THAT has me think... well, heck... would it be cheaper to just add them both to our reservation even though they won't be sleeping there? Plus they would get to do early entry with us, then...

I am sure I am overanalyzing this whole darn thing. I do that way too much with vacations! 🤣

Thanks so much -- your reply makes sense. When I look at my list of ADRs, I see stuff that I wouldn't be heartbroken to let go of, but then I think if we dine in CL, those are meals my mom and sister cannot join us for since they are not staying in the room with us. And THAT has me think... well, heck... would it be cheaper to just add them both to our reservation even though they won't be sleeping there? Plus they would get to do early entry with us, then...

I am sure I am overanalyzing this whole darn thing. I do that way too much with vacations! 🤣
We make the adrs we want regardless of CL. We all enjoy eating out so that is part of the experience for us. We will do a late breakfast if we have a rest day or early park day. By late, I mean noon so lunchtime lol. We usually do breakfast in the lounge every day. Very convenient. We try to stop for apps in the evening if possible. We are a family that enjoys eating and the lounge wouldn't cut it for us. We like to snack in the lounge too and adult beverages. We don't necessarily "get our money's worth" but we feel CL enhances our trip. I'm so looking forward to it next summer.

Last edited:
Hopefully this will help you and I understand your situation. Having staying at BC/YC CL every other year for the past 8 years. The first two times we used a dining plan plus club level. That was an extreme waste of time and money. Too much food and wasting a lot of time eating at restaurants and not getting the value for the club level. So the answer I would give you the last two club level Disney trips, we did not do dining plans only club level with just few restaurants dining at night.
I think breakfast at club level is enough so you don’t need to spend money at that. If you want to do a special character breakfast once, that would be wonderful for your 7 year old.
At club level lunch time is pretty basic snack food and small PBJ sandwiches, so you will need quick service at the parks. Save money by not using ADR all week, it will cost you a ton and take up a lot of time on the parks.
For dinner I feel that CL food is enough to feed anyone. Others will tell you that dinner at CL should be just a taste for everyone not designed for eating dinner. I disagree especially when Disney is taking every nickel and dime we make today. I think it’s enough. I would supplement a couple of times during the week to eat somewhere special midday or close to dinner time so you could save a few of those ADR for that, but don’t buy dessert. Use CL for dessert at night. This will save you time and especially money.
That’s a good idea adding them to your room

I could use some thoughts... currently booked at 4 seasons but definitely looking at switching now that CL is open again. the price at 4 seasons is astronomical right now ($10,600 for 3 nights x 2 rooms)... We had planned that this time would be just to settle in before our cruise and not do WDW this trip. However, now that YC CL is open again, I am very tempted to move over to there (the difference in price is almost $4,000 cheaper to stay YC CL) While we weren't planning on doing wdw, in this instance we do have 2 days free that we could potentially just get 2 day ticket and do DHS and one other park. or perhaps just do Disney Springs, mini golf and chill at the YC pool. Would you switch?? Which would you choose? YC or BC? it's hubby, myself and 2 adult sons (25/29)
$4,000 is alot of money for technically 2 nights (We arrive in Orlando on October 6 and depart for our cruise on October 9.

I could use some thoughts... currently booked at 4 seasons but definitely looking at switching now that CL is open again. the price at 4 seasons is astronomical right now ($10,600 for 3 nights x 2 rooms)... We had planned that this time would be just to settle in before our cruise and not do WDW this trip. However, now that YC CL is open again, I am very tempted to move over to there (the difference in price is almost $4,000 cheaper to stay YC CL) While we weren't planning on doing wdw, in this instance we do have 2 days free that we could potentially just get 2 day ticket and do DHS and one other park. or perhaps just do Disney Springs, mini golf and chill at the YC pool. Would you switch?? Which would you choose? YC or BC? it's hubby, myself and 2 adult sons (25/29)
$4,000 is alot of money for technically 2 nights (We arrive in Orlando on October 6 and depart for our cruise on October 9.

Four Seasons fan here. And WDW CL fan. And yeah, FS prices aren’t any rosier than WDW in some cases! Not to pry, but is that price for two standard rooms?

Sometimes you do get what you pay for though. 😊

It sounds like that since the cruise part of your trip is the “main event” then maybe YC or BC as the “pre-show” might be the better call to save some money. If I’m reading your post correctly? If so, then YC seems like a good choice. A nicer’ish resort, good location for a couple of days, enough to appeal to the ages in question, close to two parks if you do decide to go. Save some money for the cruise.

Although I could easily make a case for either one - really just comes down to what you want out of those two nights.

In my experience the FS rates are definitely up there, but for a splurgy stay with no WDW park time, it’s a pretty darn good choice if you’re into the FS vibe. If you’re feeling a WDW park itch, then something like YC or BC would probably get my vote, especially given the money savings.

Enjoy stormalong bay at YC for the difference in price. Well worth the -4000 less difference in price!!

Four Seasons fan here. And WDW CL fan. And yeah, FS prices aren’t any rosier than WDW in some cases! Not to pry, but is that price for two standard rooms?

Sometimes you do get what you pay for though. 😊

It sounds like that since the cruise part of your trip is the “main event” then maybe YC or BC as the “pre-show” might be the better call to save some money. If I’m reading your post correctly? If so, then YC seems like a good choice. A nicer’ish resort, good location for a couple of days, enough to appeal to the ages in question, close to two parks if you do decide to go. Save some money for the cruise.

Although I could easily make a case for either one - really just comes down to what you want out of those two nights.

In my experience the FS rates are definitely up there, but for a splurgy stay with no WDW park time, it’s a pretty darn good choice if you’re into the FS vibe. If you’re feeling a WDW park itch, then something like YC or BC would probably get my vote, especially given the money savings.
Thanks so much for the reply!
Yes… it was $1583 a night for a golden oak room. We needed 2 of them , so for 3 nights it was pricing at $10,600!! It wasn’t sitting well with me! I’d definitely ℒℴ𝓋ℯ to try it one day but I would prefer more in the $800 to $900 maximum room rate per night! Perhaps on a trip where it’s just hubby and I …. Yes the cruise is the star of the show, we are sailing RCCL in a 2 bedroom aqua theatre suite/ star class so it’ll be a pretty amazing week. These 3 nights are just our pre-cruise nights and I really had thought I’d not do WDW but I just can’t ignore the pull to do even a day or 2 at WDW just to dip our toes into the new DHS stuff and have a bit of WDW fun! I am 100% a club level gal, so I’m happy to hear Yacht club is a great choice. I know my boys will ℒℴ𝓋ℯ that pool and I will ℒℴ𝓋ℯ the lounge access definitely! I would definitely ℒℴ𝓋ℯ 4 seasons but $4000 seems better spent on food or excursions on the cruise, plus we are ending the trip with 4 nights at hard rock hotel at universal too and will need food money there as well!
Thanks got your thoughts, they definitely helped me decide to make the switch!

I've got a question for those of you who are seasoned Club Level visitors. (Or just those of you who might have an opinion on this!) How many of your meals do you "plan" to be from the CL lounge versus making ADRs? What does a typical park day look like for you in terms of quick service, table dining, and club level lounge? I am really torn about how to plan our trip. We hit our two ADR windows this week and I booked a ton of stuff, but then looking at the pictures of the lounge, I feel like I'm "wasting" it.

For context, we are doing 4 nights at Poly CL, and 4 nights at AKL CL. We have 7 park days planned. (MK, EP, MK, AK, HS, EP, HS is the current order just based on the ADRs I got.) No park hopping. Two adults and a child in the room, but my local mom and sister will be joining us at the parks during the day. Some concerns with party members needing "breaks" which is why I initially booked a ton of ADRs.

This is my 7y/o's first Disney trip, and my spouse and I have not been in ~30 years so it might as well be our first time, too. We do not think we will do a trip "like this" again, but with a Disney employee family member, we will probably visit parks sometimes in the future when we come down to visit family.

Our typical trip is 8days/7nites at a CL resort, although some have been longer. I will comment on the 8/7:

we usually schedule 2 to 3 character brekkies out, 2 to 3 lunches out and all 7 dinners out usually at signatures be it in the resort we are staying at, other Disney resorts including the Swan/Dolphin, and sometimes in the parks like Brown Derby. We even schedule a signature at Disney Springs as part of that 7 nite group at one of the restaurants that cover valet parking like STK but often The Boathouse even though they don't cover valet.

We love the brekkies at the CL but lunch leaves lots to be desired. The only time we have a full dinner at the CL is if my disability is acting up and i can't make it to an outside restaurant and then my wife gets me dinners from the CL. At the BWI we stay in deluxe CL on the 4th floor (steeplechase suite once) so we are very near to the CL. At the GF we usually stay on the 4th floor rooms 4421 or 4422 (the honeymoon suite or the deluxe right next door so in either case it's a short walk for my wife to bring back dinner.

I find the CL CM chefs are very understanding, courteous, and generous and I eat well for dinner. Redgie at the BWI is wonderful for this and Lorenzo and Lene are also great at helping out. They even help my wife with the bringing the plates. Patti from Pennsylvania at the GF is also a big help when this situation is needed there.

However, when I am well, we try and follow the above plan at the beginning of my post.

The reason for the brekkies out, despite loving the CL brekkies, is because we never use Disney transportation to get around (except for the monorail as will be explained soon) because we always have a rental car. We always valet and with a disability placard which is still free (who knows for how much longer lol) so when we want to go the MK, we book and eat at 1900 Park Fare or Chef Mickey's, so we valet for free and the monorail over to the MK. We also love Whispering Canyon, so we sometimes do that and valet at the WL, and take then take the launch over to the MK, but be careful if too early at the launch dock because there are bats flying around under the covered area and my wife freaks out lol.

PS We do try and make it to the desserts or at least bring a bunch to the room if I am not doing well.

A lot will depend on if you are big eaters or not. We usually have a TS lunch and eat breakfast in the lounge and find the evening apps to be sufficient for dinner. TS Lunch menus are the same as dinner menus in most places and there is no way I can eat a big dinner after a big lunch, usually I cant even eat the appys, but can usually make room for dessert at night if we are back in time. :) Pre covid afternoon offerings were sufficient for lunch as well, at GF,YC and BWI, Poly not so much, not sure about other lounges. Now all they have is prepackaged chips, pretzels, and cookies. :sad2: We do parks in the morning, have a TS lunch either in the park or a resort, take a break back at the resort (wine and beer is available all day even if its not out, just ask) then after evening apps we go back to a park. We rarely eat QS.

Hey guys! So I just got a call from DSS regarding our upcoming CL stay at GDT. She wanted to let us know we’re all set and upon check-in, we can go right up to the CL floor. I thought I’d ask if she knew of any of the offerings yet, as well as if there will be any changes. Here is what she said…

Due to Covid, they are taking a different approach to the Club Level. Instead of it being its typical Buffet type style, it’s going to be mostly individual plates. For breakfast there will be no hot entrées, meaning no Mickey waffles, or scrambled eggs. There will be the usual bagels, muffins, hard-boiled eggs, vegan option eggs, and ham and cheese bites. Snack time will be grab and go, as some of the other lounges are. Items such as Goldfish crackers, Uncrustable’s, fruit, and candy will be out. When it comes to dinner, there will be options such as crudités jars, charcuterie jars, gazpacho, tuna with spicy aïoli, hearts of palm cakes, ribeye meatballs with chimichurri sauce, salmon plate, etc. (she was reading quite fast so I was trying hard to write everything down to relay!) After hearing all this I got nervous and asked if there will be any kids options during evening hours, because everything she mentioned that will be available, I will not eat!!! 😬 She said there will definitely be a kids section and will have items such as mac & cheese and spaghetti and meatballs, however a final menu has not been completed for them yet. Beer and wine will be available upon request all day, and will be out during the evening dinner hours. Hope that helps a little for anyone who was curious for an upcoming stay.
I really appreciate the note.

No hot breakfast kills GDT CL for me. Very sad. Their awesome CL breakfast is what made no good transport options to any park worth it to still do CL out at CSR.

I agree with this, especially when they're already so expensive as it is. I understand supply issues, lack of employees, and higher running costs are causing a whole mess for a lot of businesses (my small business included!) but it's hard to think they're doing this as strictly a sanitary measure when they're fine with packing us in like sardines at the parks (or so I've heard from current trip reports).
And selling us buffets.

I agree it’s just cost saving.

Breakfast this morning - I’ll post the only differences today from yesterday.

Cinnamon bread
View attachment 631340

Frittata
View attachment 631341

Bread pudding
View attachment 631342
Dear Disney,

Please see above for an example of a serve yourself Buffett.

I’m settled. There is no reason eggs, bacon and waffles cannot return to CL GDT. If they’ve changed it fine, that’s their call. But hiding behind Covid is so 2020 of CSR here. The only reason for those items not to return is Disney is saving money because guests eat a lot more those things than this stuff.

Thank you for all the photos @TJA 👏

Sorry to be a downer on them, the loss of the real breakfast (eggs and waffles to me) is real
blow. GDT CL has a part of my CL heart because of it’s surprisingly strong breakfast game which outshines the transport options of CSR, the lack of quiet pool spas and the the evening offers not being my jam. Luckily for me I don’t have any plans as CSR CL wasn’t available on my upcoming trips but I’ll stop looking so furiously now.

I could use some advice…. Have 100% decided to do a Disney club level resort for our 3 pre-cruise nights instead of the 4 seasons (cancelled last night) - my conundrum now is….. we will only do 2 park days no hoppers for the first time as our tiMe is so limited! We are only getting a small Disney fix prior to our cruise lol…. So currently booked in at 2 rooms at yacht club club level. We will probably do DHS and MK for our 2 parks. My hubby is partial to the more quiet laid back wilderness vibe at WL resort… never stayed before. The boys are about the Epcot area. I want a nice pool and good CL food options. If I move us to wilderness lodge CL we save another $800 approximately. So I ask… which resort should I choose? Which Club level is best? I’d like warm breakfast options like eggs/bacon/ oatmeal and decent evening options in the lounge if that helps. The WL pool looks beautiful and tranquil too. I am sort of leaning to switching but my boys are older and would probably like the YC area more…. I know hubby would like the WL , smaller resort more. Help!!??

I am sort of leaning to switching but my boys are older and would probably like the YC area more…. I know hubby would like the WL , smaller resort more. Help!!??
My kids are 20s and really like the Epcot resorts because they like to pop over to WS. Since you are not getting hoppers, and your park choices are MK and DHS, this would negate that benefit. Since it is only two days, I would probably choose WL for your husband. You can do Epcot area next time for a longer trip with hoppers.

I could use some advice…. Have 100% decided to do a Disney club level resort for our 3 pre-cruise nights instead of the 4 seasons (cancelled last night) - my conundrum now is….. we will only do 2 park days no hoppers for the first time as our tiMe is so limited! We are only getting a small Disney fix prior to our cruise lol…. So currently booked in at 2 rooms at yacht club club level. We will probably do DHS and MK for our 2 parks. My hubby is partial to the more quiet laid back wilderness vibe at WL resort… never stayed before. The boys are about the Epcot area. I want a nice pool and good CL food options. If I move us to wilderness lodge CL we save another $800 approximately. So I ask… which resort should I choose? Which Club level is best? I’d like warm breakfast options like eggs/bacon/ oatmeal and decent evening options in the lounge if that helps. The WL pool looks beautiful and tranquil too. I am sort of leaning to switching but my boys are older and would probably like the YC area more…. I know hubby would like the WL , smaller resort more. Help!!??
WL = pre-covid best overall CL experience in my opinion. Lobby views alone make it tough to beat and solid, well-themed food/bev and nice array of seating options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter