Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Decisions, Decisions... we have an extra day tacked on to our upcoming poly stay due to flights. I currently have the extra night booked at the new JW bonnet creek, but now I see there is a CL room at AK open... AK club is the only one we haven't tried yet! But I am having a hard time swallowing the price, it's more that our last Contemporary Atrium CL Theme park view room, ha ha! But just one night so maybe I should do it anyway... I don't want to give Disney justification on these outrageous prices. What say you experts, give it an overpriced go? Or save a ton of $ and check out the new JW?

I have never stayed at AKL, but I can tell you that the new JW is my favorite! It's new, the rooms are beautiful and spacious, the pool is divine, and the staff is fabulous.

Do it! Don't forget to report back 🤣

Starting to think of next year's trip. I have an AP question. We most likely will only have 1 trip with it. Do i renew? I have plenty of time to decide but I'm procrastinating real world stuff lol. Discounts have been low/rare at hotels and now memory maker isnt included. We do eat a lot when we go. I have the Disney visa though. Are all the restaurants/merchandise discounts the same? I would be going in the summer. 5 day hopper. We get MM even though my kids suck and hate pictures lol. My oldest will be off to college next year 😪 my baby. We are taking an adult only cruise in July as well. Any thoughts?
I would not buy one for that. Prices for AP are nuts now. I need 3 trips to make it even for us (weekend only trips) .

The Disney visa is usually 10/15% off over $50. I have t used it in years but what is covered is on the disney visa for page.

AP discounts this year? Sheesh my July trip:none
August:yes
September :yes
October :none
December :none
January: 1 night without, 2 nights with.
Also it has been a much lower discount and far fewer resorts offered.

You can always upgrade during your trip if things change and you want to add it.
Fwiw dd and I changed our 2 trips a year to several during college. Just before fall, winter break, just after spring break with a holiday or birthday trip as well. A quick reconnect really was the best of trips. We missed each other so….

How much is it compared to the JW Bonnet creek? If the price is high I would have difficulty paying it as you likely will not get the room till mid afternoon then have to check out by 11am so it is a short time ( 2 nights would be better) alothough you may get use of the club lounge on check out day also

It's like $600 more at least.... ugh. That because I get a crazy rate at Marriott due to brother's job. That is too much just writing it down.

I have never stayed at AKL, but I can tell you that the new JW is my favorite! It's new, the rooms are beautiful and spacious, the pool is divine, and the staff is fabulous.

Good to know! I think we will probably hang at pool if the weather cooperates.

Thanks everyone!

Decisions, Decisions... we have an extra day tacked on to our upcoming poly stay due to flights. I currently have the extra night booked at the new JW bonnet creek, but now I see there is a CL room at AK open... AK club is the only one we haven't tried yet! But I am having a hard time swallowing the price, it's more that our last Contemporary Atrium CL Theme park view room, ha ha! But just one night so maybe I should do it anyway... I don't want to give Disney justification on these outrageous prices. What say you experts, give it an overpriced go? Or save a ton of $ and check out the new JW?
I am a sucker for a new room/hotel. However i really enjoyed AKL cl opening weekend.
For me it’s about a $200 price difference wether to do cl or not. If the price is $250+ a night to upgrade , that’s the line I say I don’t need it that bad.

Let us know what you decide and send pictures either way.

It's like $600 more at least.... ugh. That because I get a crazy rate at Marriott due to brother's job. That is too much just writing it down.

Good to know! I think we will probably hang at pool if the weather cooperates.

Thanks everyone!

I can also share that their spa is LOVELY. When I was there in September, they had a special and I got a massage, manicure, and pedicure for $300. You can see both fireworks from Illume (you need a reservation but you can just get drinks).

d
I would not buy one for that. Prices for AP are nuts now. I need 3 trips to make it even for us (weekend only trips) .

The Disney visa is usually 10/15% off over $50. I have t used it in years but what is covered is on the disney visa for page.

AP discounts this year? Sheesh my July trip:none
August:yes
September :yes
October :none
December :none
January: 1 night without, 2 nights with.
Also it has been a much lower discount and far fewer resorts offered.

You can always upgrade during your trip if things change and you want to add it.
Fwiw dd and I changed our 2 trips a year to several during college. Just before fall, winter break, just after spring break with a holiday or birthday trip as well. A quick reconnect really was the best of trips. We missed each other so….
This gives me hope. I can't believe my baby is leaving me lol .

well an update on our trip to the Grand Floridian
got a call yesterday about possibly moving our room. we have the only roll in shower room in the main building. she tried real hard but had to call again today to ask if we would be OK with one night in a regular room as someone is already in the ADA roll in shower room. I said OK i think we can handle that. so one night in a regular room which will be ready when we arrive and we can stay in that room until the ADA room is cleaned the 22nd. She also credited me $200 and made us a dinner reservation at Citrico's for arrival day. 😁😋

she is also going to try and work with the campground to possibly upgrade us over there because i was so nice to work with. Pixie Dust at its best. the magic is slowly returning 😁😁😁

Just goes to show that being nice pays off. 😁
Well. They are having trouble with what is suppose to be our new room so we are hanging in there as it may be tomorrow before we get moved

At least there is food and drink to be had 🤣🤣🤣

turning out to an interesting vacation 🤣

YC/BC CL question for everyone. We are longtime YC fans and have stayed both CL and non-CL there. We were very excited to hear that CL would be reopening soon and booked a GV-CL for early June. Was excited to get the GV bc there was virtually no price difference btwn it and the SV-CL. I recently decided to book a back-up trip for the later summer just in case some new rides or promotions or restaurants or anything get opening dates after our trip. I was looking at mid-July to early August and was able to find YC-CL, however there was a big difference in price btwn GV-CL and SV-CL. For the fun of it, I checked BC rates and interestingly enough they had both SV-CL & GV-CL for the same price as the YC SV-CL. I’d of course prefer a GV to a SV, but wasn’t sure about switching to the BC. We’ve never stayed there basically bc the decor and atmosphere of the YC just appeals to us a lot more. I did just learn that the actual lounge at BC is a lot larger than YC, but I assume that otherwise they are pretty similar (food, etc.).
Sorry for the long-winded post, but can anyone with experience at BC-CL tell me more about it or anyone who has stayed both have a favorite??
TIA. :).

So my two cents, I have stay at both places, all CL YC CL, has more full balconies. The CL at the YC is smaller, but not terribly small. It has tables in the front and around the sides, also A bigger balcony were people eat outside. Not at the BC. The food is 95 percent the same. I have also brought beer and wine plus apps back to my room and enjoyed my big balcony overlooking the pool and lake. I also could see Fireworks from Epcot and HS. I like the YC a little better. No rugs in your room like the BC. Rooms have been done over. It’s also a little more quiet. I do like the BC but it can be a crap shoot getting a big balcony. One time I did and it overlooked the parking lot front entrance. Never had that at YC. For the extra money, I would pick the YC. Hope this helps.

So my two cents, I have stay at both places, all CL YC CL, has more full balconies. The CL at the YC is smaller, but not terribly small. It has tables in the front and around the sides, also A bigger balcony were people eat outside. Not at the BC. The food is 95 percent the same. I have also brought beer and wine plus apps back to my room and enjoyed my big balcony overlooking the pool and lake. I also could see Fireworks from Epcot and HS. I like the YC a little better. No rugs in your room like the BC. Rooms have been done over. It’s also a little more quiet. I do like the BC but it can be a crap shoot getting a big balcony. One time I did and it overlooked the parking lot front entrance. Never had that at YC. For the extra money, I would pick the YC. Hope this helps.
Appreciate your experiences, it does help

YC/BC CL question for everyone. We are longtime YC fans and have stayed both CL and non-CL there. We were very excited to hear that CL would be reopening soon and booked a GV-CL for early June. Was excited to get the GV bc there was virtually no price difference btwn it and the SV-CL. I recently decided to book a back-up trip for the later summer just in case some new rides or promotions or restaurants or anything get opening dates after our trip. I was looking at mid-July to early August and was able to find YC-CL, however there was a big difference in price btwn GV-CL and SV-CL. For the fun of it, I checked BC rates and interestingly enough they had both SV-CL & GV-CL for the same price as the YC SV-CL. I’d of course prefer a GV to a SV, but wasn’t sure about switching to the BC. We’ve never stayed there basically bc the decor and atmosphere of the YC just appeals to us a lot more. I did just learn that the actual lounge at BC is a lot larger than YC, but I assume that otherwise they are pretty similar (food, etc.).
Sorry for the long-winded post, but can anyone with experience at BC-CL tell me more about it or anyone who has stayed both have a favorite??
TIA. :).
I'm the odd one and I didn't care for BC. I've only stayed CL there and only stayed regular at YC since CL wasn't open yet. I much prefer the vibe at YC. The lounge at BC was very busy and loud. We didn't have good service in the lounge. My husband and I were basically ignored (separately) while waiting for drinks. Another dis member was there the same week and said they had great service. It turned me off to the BC.

Thanks for the review. I personally don’t think YC has stellar service either apart from one or two CM we had. It wasn’t bad service, just not amazing. YC lounge got busy at times too. That’s why I was wondering if the larger size of the BC lounge really made a difference. I’m with you about the YC vibe. We liked their refurb better too. It’s annoying that BC is higher priced in June, but YC higher priced later in the summer. Seems like it’s kind of draw btwn the two hotels for most people and just up to hotel preference.
Btw, do you remember any of the hot food offerings breakfast or appetizers?

Thanks for the review. I personally don’t think YC has stellar service either apart from one or two CM we had. It wasn’t bad service, just not amazing. YC lounge got busy at times too. That’s why I was wondering if the larger size of the BC lounge really made a difference. I’m with you about the YC vibe. We liked their refurb better too. It’s annoying that BC is higher priced in June, but YC higher priced later in the summer. Seems like it’s kind of draw btwn the two hotels for most people and just up to hotel preference.
The food we had was good. Breakfast was oatmeal, fruit, cereals, Danish, hard boiled eggs and cold cuts. No waffles, pancakes, hot egg. They also have yogurt. The standard breakfast . Apps were always a kid friendly dish, PBJ shooters (delicious), some kind of cheese salad, a beef dish, I forgot what it was but it was yummy. The kids nuggets were good too. They usually had 2 hot choose and something for the kids. I don't remember much but enjoyed the food.

d

This gives me hope. I can't believe my baby is leaving me lol .
The first semester is the hardest! I would come here to do Disney planning to keep my mind off of it. PM me if needed.

Ah man my travel friends had to last minute cancel our Christmas fun weekend next week. We had the Christmas Party and Epcot’s R&C package. We have traveled together in December a few times and we really enjoyed it.

Rats:(

The first semester is the hardest! I would come here to do Disney planning to keep my mind off of it. PM me if needed.

Ah man my travel friends had to last minute cancel our Christmas fun weekend next week. We had the Christmas Party and Epcot’s R&C package. We have traveled together in December a few times and we really enjoyed it.

Rats:(
Working on a MLK weekend trip. Fingers crossed !

A little late here, but to me the lounge size difference is not material enough to be a major driver (IMO). To us it’s more about what resort you like better and not so much the CLs. @Ricguz pretty much captured what I’d say as well. YC tends to get our vote due to the rooms/balconies.

Good luck deciding!

What floors are they located? General location? Balcony? Roman shades or regular shades? Worth it? Anything else you can think of…. Thanks :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter