• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I know, by “bring back” I mean “running back to normal”. Last year during the closures I was in touch with them to cancel the CL FPs we’d booked for our doomed May 2020 trip once we pulled the plug. I had to do it by email since they’d closed down the phone line, and the CM actually told me by way of apology that they basically had a tiny skeleton crew manning the email account and that was it, which is why it took them so long to get back to me. I assume there’s slightly more staff now than there was back then since the reopening with VIP tours running and they’re calling people again. Bringing back the social media CMs bodes well for a full return though.

Ha - sorry! I never like when some Disney know it all comes along and picks apart something I write but didn’t take the time to fully explain/articulate exactly what I was saying as it wasn’t completely relevant to whatever I was replying to, even though I knew it anyway.... and I’m guilty of that with your post! :duck:

Your trip is getting close and Disney seems on the edge of shaking a few things lose in terms of overall operations. Getting excited?

Ha - sorry! I never like when some Disney know it all comes along and picks apart something I write but didn’t take the time to fully explain/articulate exactly what I was saying as it wasn’t completely relevant to whatever I was replying to, even though I knew it anyway.... and I’m guilty of that with your post! :duck:

Your trip is getting close and Disney seems on the edge of shaking a few things lose in terms of overall operations. Getting excited?

It’s okay, I think we’ve all been that know it all at some point! I’ll be totally honest, after all the cancellations and setbacks and changes, I don’t think this trip will be “real” until I’m sitting on the plane. Just trying to keep up on all the rapidly changing news has made my head spin. Yesterday’s announcement has me much more worried about crowds than I was before, even though I’ve got a pretty solid plan for tackling the parks with no FP. But I finally let myself be excited. I can’t believe I will be at the Grand in 2 weeks! Even with the changes, that’s a childhood dream come true.

And it is very bittersweet that I’m flying solo, but I’m making the most of it. My gf wants to FaceTime in the parks and we’re going to do a lot of that I think. :)

It’s okay, I think we’ve all been that know it all at some point! I’ll be totally honest, after all the cancellations and setbacks and changes, I don’t think this trip will be “real” until I’m sitting on the plane. Just trying to keep up on all the rapidly changing news has made my head spin. Yesterday’s announcement has me much more worried about crowds than I was before, even though I’ve got a pretty solid plan for tackling the parks with no FP. But I finally let myself be excited. I can’t believe I will be at the Grand in 2 weeks! Even with the changes, that’s a childhood dream come true.

And it is very bittersweet that I’m flying solo, but I’m making the most of it. My gf wants to FaceTime in the parks and we’re going to do a lot of that I think. :)
I hope you have the best trip. I think I'm living under a rock. What was yesterday's announcement that you are referring too? Is it cdc no mask or something else? I can't keep up with everything. I also didn't pay attention much to the masks since I think we will be masking here for a long time.

I hope you have the best trip. I think I'm living under a rock. What was yesterday's announcement that you are referring too? Is it cdc no mask or something else? I can't keep up with everything. I also didn't pay attention much to the masks since I think we will be masking here for a long time.

Chapek said on the earnings call that capacity is going up in the parks. Just hoping we get more surprise reopenings for Memorial Day now.

Thanks. That's good news buy scary too. I thought the lines were crazy in march. We really need fastpasses back.
How did you handle the lines? I’m totally scared of them. Were there certain times of the day that we’re better or worse? How accurate did you find the posted wait times?

How did you handle the lines? I’m totally scared of them. Were there certain times of the day that we’re better or worse? How accurate did you find the posted wait times?
The lines were pretty accurate, plus or minus 10 minutes. Early morning and nights were best. We aren't morning people though so it was a struggle lol. I used touring plans lines in addition to posted. We did all of toy story land within the last hour.

Reviving the Guest Services Twitter account feels like a really good sign. Maybe they’ll bring DSS back sooner than expected.

DSS never left. They had a skeleton crew working the whole time, with a teeny tiny number of CMs during the closure. After all, guests were still emailing, and DSS was still booking VIP Tours.

Chapek said on the earnings call that capacity is going up in the parks. Just hoping we get more surprise reopenings for Memorial Day now.
Do we know yet when capacity is supposed to increase? We’ll be there right before July 4, and increased crowds with the heat and no fastpass doesn’t sound like a lot of fun to me. We struggled to stay on top of the crowds at Thanksgiving but didn’t accomplish all we usually do and waited in some pretty long lines. At least the temperature then was cooler, and the heat+humidity was manageable. I agree with @jods. If they’re increasing park capacity, we definitely need fastpasses back.

Do we know yet when capacity is supposed to increase? We’ll be there right before July 4, and increased crowds with the heat and no fastpass doesn’t sound like a lot of fun to me. We struggled to stay on top of the crowds at Thanksgiving but didn’t accomplish all we usually do and waited in some pretty long lines. At least the temperature then was cooler, and the heat+humidity was manageable. I agree with @jods. If they’re increasing park capacity, we definitely need fastpasses back.

He said that they already started to do it.

https://blogmickey.com/2021/05/walt-disney-world-increasing-capacity/
As far as the impact on wait times, idk...I'm worried, but hoping that the new distancing will help capacity on some of these rides (ToT's wait times are a function of how they have to load the ride vehicles, for example).

FP+ is not the answer though. I miss it too, but only because I was really good at gaming the system through refreshing. FP+ has a proven detrimental impact on standby wait times across the board for everyone else. Lines move faster without stopping every few minutes to let a whole bunch of people through. I honestly wouldn't expect to see it come back until whatever paid version replaces it.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. With so many things changing so quickly, I can’t imagine that club level returning wouldn’t be too far behind.

BREAKING: Disney World Ends Face Mask Mandate Outdoors Effective Tomorrow
Can't thank you enough for posting this! It would be awesome to have CL back, but not having to wear a mask when I'm there in two weeks and it's 90 degrees will make the parks so much more enjoyable!! I honestly didn't think there was any way Disney would move this fast!! Wonder if Universal's announcement of the same a few hours ago forced Disney to act?? I really hope you're right about CL too!

Can't thank you enough for posting this! It would be awesome to have CL back, but not having to wear a mask when I'm there in two weeks and it's 90 degrees will make the parks so much more enjoyable!! I honestly didn't think there was any way Disney would move this fast!! Wonder if Universal's announcement of the same a few hours ago forced Disney to act?? I really hope you're right about CL too!

Definitely wishful thinking on my part, but I never thought they’d act this fast with changes either!!! I just want Fireworks and CL back. Would definitely make me so happy!!😃

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. With so many things changing so quickly, I can’t imagine that club level returning wouldn’t be too far behind.

BREAKING: Disney World Ends Face Mask Mandate Outdoors Effective Tomorrow
This is due to Orange County lifting the mandatory outdoor mask mandate. Universal and Disney both are following the guidelines from the County. Guests can still wear masks if they chose to and CMs are still required to be masked for now.

This will make some Guests very happy as the Calendar for Disney Park Passes has opened up but so has the capacity levels for the resorts and parks.

I still think CL returning is still a September thing at this point.

Dave

Now when I visit you at gf I can stroll the grounds, maskless!!!!

WooHoo !:worship::cool1::banana::woohoo:

Anybody there now confirm no masks outside at resorts?

Last edited:

I wish for you a magical trip to the the GF. It is definitely my favorite resort because for me it has that “princess” vibe going. I love the FaceTime in the parks idea. I have a feeling once you are in the parks the magic of Disney will hit you and you will not even notice the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter