Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Congratulations! I miss them both but miss fastpasses way more. It helps that I'm at the CR so everything is in this builder and you don't have to lug the mugs around for coffee/soda refills.

We leave tomorrow and I have a 6:50 pm flight. ME is set for pick up at 330. That's 3 hours and 20 minutes. I'm not checking bags. If I prebooked an uber or car, what time would you do pickup? Uber and lyft have been crazy. I tried getting an uber to epcot yesterday, it was 50 and a long wait. Tried lyft and they were searching for a driver for 10 minutes. A bus came so I canceled. Crazy.
Thanks! I agree about FPs definitely being the most important thing to get back ASAP, but CL makes Disney so much more convenient when everything else is so chaotic! My DH said 2 hours would be fine with no checked baggage, but I think I’d probably set it up for 4:30 to give you 20 minutes of buffer to allow for traffic. Thanks for the heads up on the uber wait times and price increase! That’s quite different from what it was like pre- Covid! We had planned to book a car back to the airport, but maybe we should book one to HS on Memorial Day too?!

Thanks! I agree about FPs definitely being the most important thing to get back ASAP, but CL makes Disney so much more convenient when everything else is so chaotic! My DH said 2 hours would be fine with no checked baggage, but I think I’d probably set it up for 4:30 to give you 20 minutes of buffer to allow for traffic. Thanks for the heads up on the uber wait times and price increase! That’s quite different from what it was like pre- Covid! We had planned to book a car back to the airport, but maybe we should book one to HS on Memorial Day too?!
It's really hit or miss. We were heading to epcot at 5 pm when it was crazy. Lyft had regular prices but no one took the ride. Anything you know in advance I would book ahead of time. Busses have been mostly good. I think I will pre book with uber now for tomorrow. We are also TSA precheck which should help. Thanks.

So we have a deluxe room at Grand Floridian (main building) that we re-booked from last June when our trip was cancelled. We are about 9 weeks out from leaving. When discounts came out for summer, our TA wasn't able to even get a discount applied to our room since club level isn't open-- long story short, we are booked at rack rate. Obviously there will not be club level in 9 weeks but I don't even know what they are going to do about what we have paid. Obviously I will cancel if they want us to pay rack rate RPC and get placed in a villa with no club level amenities. How long will it take before they will let us know where and how much we will have to pay? I think the whole not knowing thing is driving me crazy!!

@sbrown29 you should have your TA call now and book you a discounted room. Don't expect CL to return in 9 weeks.

Disney should contact your TA since your TA owns your reservation. You may receive an email since this is an exceptional event.

Also you will not be moved to a Villa as they are likely to be 100% booked during your visit.

Dave

So we have a deluxe room at Grand Floridian (main building) that we re-booked from last June when our trip was cancelled. We are about 9 weeks out from leaving. When discounts came out for summer, our TA wasn't able to even get a discount applied to our room since club level isn't open-- long story short, we are booked at rack rate. Obviously there will not be club level in 9 weeks but I don't even know what they are going to do about what we have paid. Obviously I will cancel if they want us to pay rack rate RPC and get placed in a villa with no club level amenities. How long will it take before they will let us know where and how much we will have to pay? I think the whole not knowing thing is driving me crazy!!

We rebooked our cancelled trip from last May to 2 weeks at GF/Poly this May with GF being a deluxe room in RPC. And when the AP discount came out for summer and our TA couldn’t apply it to GF because CL was unavailable I told her to just change us to outer building TPV.

I wanted to avoid this exact scenario because I really don’t like being at the mercy of whatever Disney decides to offer, especially considering what discounted availability is looking like now over our dates, even after I cut the trip down to 8 days. If we were some of the folks at Movies getting moved to GF because it was overbooked then great, but I really had no desire to get punted to a giant DVC villa just because it’s comparable in pricing to CL. And that was when I thought my partner could still be joining me. What the heck would I do in a 2 BR all by myself lol? So better I rebook it myself and pick what I want, was my thought.

Tbh I am still worried about this if CL does not come back in time for the 50th, we are still booked at CR Atrium that weekend. I really don’t want to end up being moved to a family villa at like, Saratoga or something with 2 people especially when the whole point of being there was we wanted to walk to MK. I just don’t dare rebook now considering you can’t beg borrow or steal a monorail resort room that weekend at this point.

At this point, I am really thinking we won't see CL until 2022-- but I have been wrong before :drinking:

I have zero desire to stay in a giant DVC villa, either-- ugh. My TA has been trying to find out answers but even she is hitting a brick wall.

At this point, I am really thinking we won't see CL until 2022-- but I have been wrong before :drinking:

I have zero desire to stay in a giant DVC villa, either-- ugh. My TA has been trying to find out answers but even she is hitting a brick wall.
I really need to know if it will be back by the 50th because if we aren't given CL they'll refund me the points difference, but those points expire within 2 months of that date. Actually, at this point I can't even change my son to a lower category room as they're all sold out.

I’m not hopeful about CL this summer. We went to the GF quick serve for lunch today and they are using sugar loaf. I wonder if Hawaii will be a booking category. My kids actually said they would consider the GF after today. The pool was full at the GF when we walked by. They both liked CR but prefer a more themed resort. They said this just felt like a regular hotel. we all liked the room. Spacious and the 3rd sleeper was comfortable. the only weird thing was the sink area in the bathroom. No room to put anything. One sink was my storage sink. The sink also didn’t drain well. The water pooled towards top, like it wasn’t sloped enough. I would definitely stay there again. we only went to the pool once for maybe an hour. We hit the parks hard and are exhausted. Canceled our topolino breakfast today. Next trip. Now the debate to next hotel lol. Thanks for everyone’s help in planning this trip. Everyone was so helpful!

We rebooked our cancelled trip from last May to 2 weeks at GF/Poly this May with GF being a deluxe room in RPC. And when the AP discount came out for summer and our TA couldn’t apply it to GF because CL was unavailable I told her to just change us to outer building TPV.

I wanted to avoid this exact scenario because I really don’t like being at the mercy of whatever Disney decides to offer, especially considering what discounted availability is looking like now over our dates, even after I cut the trip down to 8 days. If we were some of the folks at Movies getting moved to GF because it was overbooked then great, but I really had no desire to get punted to a giant DVC villa just because it’s comparable in pricing to CL. And that was when I thought my partner could still be joining me. What the heck would I do in a 2 BR all by myself lol? So better I rebook it myself and pick what I want, was my thought.

Tbh I am still worried about this if CL does not come back in time for the 50th, we are still booked at CR Atrium that weekend. I really don’t want to end up being moved to a family villa at like, Saratoga or something with 2 people especially when the whole point of being there was we wanted to walk to MK. I just don’t dare rebook now considering you can’t beg borrow or steal a monorail resort room that weekend at this point.
My guess would be they keep us Atrium cl at CR just without cl. Hopefully with a price decrease .

I base that on my several trips where I see the elevator going up to floors 12 and 14 which are cl floors, while it is closed. They must be using those floors.

Based on Trishadono’s reply below, I would maybe have your TA call Disney and confirm that you will be accommodated at the CR tower, even if CL isn’t available. Also have them ask about having your rate reduced to at least the normal rate for a non-CL room in your view category. It’s not likely that there will be discounts for the actual 50th, so even if they can fix it so you are just not paying the CL premium that would be helpful.

That said, it might just be better to get the TA to get confirmation in writing from Disney that you won’t be moved (and if you do, it won’t be to anything but Poly/GF/BLT) and then deal with the price difference later, tho I would still bring up that issue then too.

I just don’t trust Disney to be proactive on this stuff. Better to ensure you have what you want, by having your TA make it very clear what you will and won’t accept now.

You also probably know all of this, based on your posts, I just get cooped up during COVID and like giving advice to people, and as fellow family, I want your trip for the 50th to be the best it possibly can be.

My guess would be they keep us Atrium cl at CR just without cl. Hopefully with a price decrease .

I base that on my several trips where I see the elevator going up to floors 12 and 14 which are cl floors, while it is closed. They must be using those floors.
While CL is still unavailable to Atrium (12th floor) and Tower ( 13 th floor) in the CR. While CL services are not available the Suites are located up there. These suites were not originally available when the CR opened last July but then Disney added the Suites to the web inventory.

Dave

I have stayed at CR three times covid. ALL 3 times they are putting people on the 12 th floor which does not have suites. The rooms are the same as the rest of the tower. The only difference was they would have robes in the closet for Cl.

I am curious though. I really havent seen people with CL say what has been offered lately. I havent been paying attention. I need to check that out!

Our 3rd trip since Covid shutdown is coming up in a couple days. Can I just say how must we NEED CL to return!!! The first trip back was great because we were so happy to be back, split stay at CR and YC. Next trip we stayed at GF and really, really missed CL and don't think we can stay there again without RPC. Now, we are headed to YC and we are so bummed to have yet another trip without CL. The CL convenience alone makes it worth it to us. I wish they'd just open and give us to-go drinks/snacks, anything would suffice. Waiting very impatiently.....!

Based on Trishadono’s reply below, I would maybe have your TA call Disney and confirm that you will be accommodated at the CR tower, even if CL isn’t available. Also have them ask about having your rate reduced to at least the normal rate for a non-CL room in your view category. It’s not likely that there will be discounts for the actual 50th, so even if they can fix it so you are just not paying the CL premium that would be helpful.

That said, it might just be better to get the TA to get confirmation in writing from Disney that you won’t be moved (and if you do, it won’t be to anything but Poly/GF/BLT) and then deal with the price difference later, tho I would still bring up that issue then too.

I just don’t trust Disney to be proactive on this stuff. Better to ensure you have what you want, by having your TA make it very clear what you will and won’t accept now.

You also probably know all of this, based on your posts, I just get cooped up during COVID and like giving advice to people, and as fellow family, I want your trip for the 50th to be the best it possibly can be.

I appreciate it. :) When I get back from my May trip I think I will start focusing on it. All my energy has gone towards salvaging this next trip so I haven't done too much for October besides booking the Poly to extend the trip.

I have stayed at CR three times covid. ALL 3 times they are putting people on the 12 th floor which does not have suites. The rooms are the same as the rest of the tower. The only difference was they would have robes in the closet for Cl.

I am curious though. I really havent seen people with CL say what has been offered lately. I havent been paying attention. I need to check that out!

I wonder if people are being upgraded to those rooms or just placed there? I know people have been pixie dusted into the main building at GF even though RPC is closed.

I appreciate it. :) When I get back from my May trip I think I will start focusing on it. All my energy has gone towards salvaging this next trip so I haven't done too much for October besides booking the Poly to extend the trip.

I wonder if people are being upgraded to those rooms or just placed there? I know people have been pixie dusted into the main building at GF even though RPC is closed.
It’s not the same. CR floors 5-12 all the same with the exception of the lounge on 12 but that is probably roped off.

GF main building is a separate building altogether.

When we were assigned CR 11th floor it felt the same as 12. Halls and rooms identical views outside and below were practically the same.

Hope I explained that better.

Disney Club level friends I need your prayers. Yesterday I received news that I have cancer. It is funny how one word can somehow change your whole life in a second. It is an aggressive cancer and my doctor told my husband and I, that I need to meet with an oncologist ASAP. Needless to say we chose to cancel our Disney vacation that was to begin today through next week. We just did not want to take a chance of missing an appointment to meet with an oncologist and begin my fight.

I have so many emotions right now as I write this. Those of you with upcoming vacations, please post pictures of the magic for me. Pray for me and most of all enjoy every minute of this precious life we are given.

Disney Club level friends I need your prayers. Yesterday I received news that I have cancer. It is funny how one word can somehow change your whole life in a second. It is an aggressive cancer and my doctor told my husband and I, that I need to meet with an oncologist ASAP. Needless to say we chose to cancel our Disney vacation that was to begin today through next week. We just did not want to take a chance of missing an appointment to meet with an oncologist and begin my fight.

I have so many emotions right now as I write this. Those of you with upcoming vacations, please post pictures of the magic for me. Pray for me and most of all enjoy every minute of this precious life we are given.

Our hearts and prayers are with you. We are here for you. Stay strong, you got this ❤️😘

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter