Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I loved CL at Portofino Bay (pre-Covid) Beer, wine, water, and at the time they offered simple mixed drinks for $6. Food was great! Always a nice salad, hot entree, and some additional items.

We stayed there back in 2016 and enjoyed it as well!! There was so much food!! I loved the salad bar every night and I liked they had packaged snacks that were great to grab and take to the parks or back to the room, especially for the kids. I wouldn’t rule it out for a future quick stopover on the way to Disney.

We stayed 2 years ago at Portofino Bay CL. We are big UO fans - I love their parks and resorts. We loved the resort itself but thought the CL was really lacking. We had heard that UO CL blew Disney's away and we definitely didn't find that to be the case. Food options weren't as good, no cm interaction at all. The staff just huddled together and seemed almost irritated if you needed something. It was just OK. But, we have wanted to try it again at a different resort to see if it was just a one-off. We're going in March and staying at Royal Pacific. We're trying to decide if disappointing CL is better than no CL?? Definitely miss Disney's...

I dont' remember having lunch pre Covid, but dinner was amazing. Sad that it's not the same right now.

This was our first time, so I wasn't sure what they afternoon offerings were normally like, but I do know we missed out on some amazing dinner offerings based on some of the previous reviews online.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well! I'm toying with these months for a return trip to the World. (My last trip was a year ago today and it has been way to long to have something to plan and look forward too:crazy2:). I would like to stay club level at the Poly again but I know that they may not be possible. Looking at Sept 9-17th, October either of the last 2 weeks or late January 2022.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on weather, return of CL, monorail construction, 50th anniversary crowds, etc and what you might book.

Thanks!!!

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well! I'm toying with these months for a return trip to the World. (My last trip was a year ago today and it has been way to long to have something to plan and look forward too:crazy2:). I would like to stay club level at the Poly again but I know that they may not be possible. Looking at Sept 9-17th, October either of the last 2 weeks or late January 2022.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on weather, return of CL, monorail construction, 50th anniversary crowds, etc and what you might book.

Thanks!!!

Plan for no CL + no EP monorail line. Be happy if either returns. But if crowds don’t jump majorly forget it.

I’d plan for crowds around the 50th anniv week itself but not worry about the rest of the time. So far absolutely nothing exciting has been announced for the 50th or appears on the horizon. Best we can predict RAT will open this spring and what “returns” from covid hiatus will be touted as “in celebration of the 50th” (see 30 mins early entry 😂).

Book as soon as you see something you want, no reason to wait as it’s all fully refundable. Maybe even book a couple trips so if you don’t like what the first one shapes up as the backup is ready to go.

Thanks!!!
Sept will be hot! However crowds generally not as busy then(if kids go back to actual school).

I think 10/1 will be busy but the rest not so bad. January is so cheap and great weather for parks.

I am still hoping for cl but doubt it happen until fall or later.

Mono for Poly? Who knows. They will try to get done by the time the resort opens but no guarantees with disney. MY people mover ride has been extended again for refurb!

I'm taking both of my girls on mommy & me trips for their birthdays this year, starting with the first one in 2 weeks, and it's the first time in several years not staying CL! It is such a first world problem, but I'm like seriously going "how the heck do I do this without the lounge!??" I know we'll be fine, my girls are great, but the lounge makes it so easy and I'm going to miss it so much :(

I'm taking both of my girls on mommy & me trips for their birthdays this year, starting with the first one in 2 weeks, and it's the first time in several years not staying CL! It is such a first world problem, but I'm like seriously going "how the heck do I do this without the lounge!??" I know we'll be fine, my girls are great, but the lounge makes it so easy and I'm going to miss it so much :(

I was glad my first trip back was in a Villa. Helped smooth the transition. :goodvibes

But yeah, there is no comparison to the lounge. No CMs to talk to, no other guests to talk to. That part of our trips is really missing.

IMO I think when enough of the population gets vaccinated (those who want it) and the number of virus cases start to drop that Disney may just be keeping it simple for now. I am hopeful that maybe late Summer/Fall some of the offerings come back. Maybe that is just wishful thinking :):flower3:
I hope we see everything returning to normal by Independence day.
Disney = Fireworks for me. It's still fun, but no one can put on a pyrotechnic display like Disney, and they do so every night (or did).

I was glad my first trip back was in a Villa. Helped smooth the transition. :goodvibes

But yeah, there is no comparison to the lounge. No CMs to talk to, no other guests to talk to. That part of our trips is really missing.

I keep wondering how I'm going to get morning coffee!! Even adult beverages. It's nice having that extra space to go to. Especially since it's just me and my 2 boys. They are 13 and 16 and tend to ignore me at home lol. Hoping that changes on the trip 🤣🤣

I keep wondering how I'm going to get morning coffee!! Even adult beverages. It's nice having that extra space to go to. Especially since it's just me and my 2 boys. They are 13 and 16 and tend to ignore me at home lol. Hoping that changes on the trip 🤣🤣
The coffee is important.
Better figure that one out before leaving home or the trip is a bust. 🤣

Seriously though, you're staying Jambo DVC? The in room coffee makers work fine, just check the tank to be sure it's clean and run a clear carafe of water though to be sure.

I never have enough pep to get out for coffee first thing unless there's a cappuccino machine calling me.

Worst coffee I've ever had on vacation was using the in-room keurig style machine while staying at RPR CL. Even using bottled water it was not close to drinkable.

well, this is my 4th trip back, but it's the first time going with just a kid and myself which I usually do CL. The first kid is in a studio at BCV so at least we can take some things to microwave for breakfast or something, I'll take some jars of starbucks coffee because the last thing my sensory kid will do is wait in a line with me to get coffee. I've just gotten myself so spoiled.

My youngest is turning 10 on this trip and still very much needs my attentiong (OMG MOM PAY ATTENTION I AM TALKING ABOUT POKEMAN AGAIN THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND BUT I WILL MAKE YOU UNDERSTAAAAAAAAND), but thankfully the oldest is turning 13 but still very much likes my company. Who knows what will happen in the next 6 weeks though lol. At least when we're alone she still talks to me. For coffee I take the starbucks jars, I can't be bothered to stop and wait in those lines in the morning. I get one of those first thing, and then later will find coffee when it's not the morning rush. Will fill my alcohol need at Epcot at the food stalls (just a few, no moms gone wild here).

I hope we see everything returning to normal by Independence day.
Disney = Fireworks for me. It's still fun, but no one can put on a pyrotechnic display like Disney, and they do so every night (or did).
Yes the sooner the better for sure!!!! :thumbsup2 For people who have been to Disney so many times know what we all are missing out on, but there are many things to look forward to as well. New rides, Harmonious!, Star Wars Hotel, new restaurants so yes everything may not be the same but we do have some new stuff coming out!:cool1:

Looking at Sept 9-17th, October either of the last 2 weeks or late January 2022.

I would really appreciate your thoughts on weather,
Thoughts on weather:
Sept 9-17th - prime hurricane weather - it is usually hot and rainy throughout the month of September
last week of October - we have gone to WDW several times the last week of October and the weather has been great. Usually it is still hot enough for swimming, but we have caught a few chilly days occasionally. We really like the last week of October. :)
late January - usually the driest time of year, but average temps are around 70 for a high and sometimes into the high 40's for a low. It isn't good swimming weather, usually, but the resort rates are fairly low and there are always room discounts offered because it is a slow time.

I had a whole actually well thought out post about CL written and saved - but the dang DIS software deleted it. Darn cookies. 😡

Anyway - if we think about this from one perspective, only GF, CR, YC (and if you want to put GDT in there) have been open. BC, WL, and Poly (maybe?) are months away so I don’t really count those CLs.

CR is about to be in a multi-month refurb which appears to be closure of much/all of the tower.

YC is a good CL, but maybe not the most in demand of the bunch. ???

At GF, SL is cheaper, often to the last to book, and not that popular - no reason for that to open.

GF RPC is interesting. It has a bit of a regular following, has room types that some will book, there is a bit of a cache/premium for being in the ‘main building’, and has a rather open/spread out lounge space. Personally I would love to see Disney re-introduce CL here.

I’m frankly surprised they haven’t introduced a non-CL main building booking category. They are missing a revenue opportunity here.

But Disney could EASILY offer CL lounge services - IF THEY WANTED TO. Lowes CL is doing it. Ritz CL is doing it. Airport lounges are doing it. Most have adjusted to individually served items, which have probably added significantly to the cost. It is rather obvious that Disney just doesn’t want to find a way to do it - probably because the demand just isn’t there to make it make sense.

Who knows of course - I’m just speculating. I’ll never know the business side of why they do what they do - but as a guest I really miss the CL CMs, the level of control over my room location, the lounge and light offerings.

Things will return in due time - someday. I hope.

well, this is my 4th trip back, but it's the first time going with just a kid and myself which I usually do CL. The first kid is in a studio at BCV so at least we can take some things to microwave for breakfast or something, I'll take some jars of starbucks coffee because the last thing my sensory kid will do is wait in a line with me to get coffee. I've just gotten myself so spoiled.

My youngest is turning 10 on this trip and still very much needs my attentiong (OMG MOM PAY ATTENTION I AM TALKING ABOUT POKEMAN AGAIN THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND BUT I WILL MAKE YOU UNDERSTAAAAAAAAND), but thankfully the oldest is turning 13 but still very much likes my company. Who knows what will happen in the next 6 weeks though lol. At least when we're alone she still talks to me. For coffee I take the starbucks jars, I can't be bothered to stop and wait in those lines in the morning. I get one of those first thing, and then later will find coffee when it's not the morning rush. Will fill my alcohol need at Epcot at the food stalls (just a few, no moms gone wild here).
Hahahahaha. I remember that and I know now a lot about Pokémon. I recently found their cards in the basement and they are still like gold to them. My 13 yo will talk to me sometimes now but that only because school is still closed and he needs some interaction other then a laptop. My 16yo is well a 16 yo old. Good times😆 as for coffee, I like hot coffee but may have to give in. The lounge is so easy for coffee.

The coffee is important.
Better figure that one out before leaving home or the trip is a bust. 🤣

Seriously though, you're staying Jambo DVC? The in room coffee makers work fine, just check the tank to be sure it's clean and run a clear carafe of water though to be sure.

I never have enough pep to get out for coffee first thing unless there's a cappuccino machine calling me.

Worst coffee I've ever had on vacation was using the in-room keurig style machine while staying at RPR CL. Even using bottled water it was not close to drinkable.
We're staying Gran Destino tower. I thought about shipping a keurig😆 only have kidding. On a longer trip I might have one delivered from Amazon. I'm always up before everyone and REALLY enjoy/need my coffee.

Personally breakfast and morning espresso is the hardest part for me. I want a latte and a pastry and some space to enjoy it all and that’s hard to find in the parks. GDT & Riv worked ok with their coffee shops, I hate the drinks at resort QS as they never come out right but trying to get Starbucks in the parks when I stayed a couple nights at GF was crazy. Wait forever to scream your order (to be heard over everyone else screaming) at the poor CM behind the plexiglass and then trying to find a place to enjoy it without sitting on the ground- yeah. I REALLY missed CL breakfast. (Sure, I get better bang for my buck with wine and meat skewers in the evenings at appetizer time but it’s the convenience of CL breakfast and the Nespresso machine where I mix my proper latte that I missed the most 😂.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter