Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

I know you said no Villas, but FWIW a Poly Studio Villa is available for your dates a $588 plus tax (30% off rack rate). I finally broke my boycott and stayed in a Poly villa over Christmas-New Years and I have to say I kinda liked it.

Or there's always Gran Destino Tower!

Sort of surprised AP rate availability is so poor for your dates.
Thanks. How were the pull down beds? I canceled the villas because studios only have the 1 bed. How were the other sleeping areas? I'm guessing it's a bad week because it's Easter week.

Thanks. How were the pull down beds? I canceled the villas because studios only have the 1 bed. How were the other sleeping areas? I'm guessing it's a bad week because it's Easter week.

Not sure I can answer with any authority since I wasn't the one sleeping on them and my kids will sleep on anything, but I guess they were fine. Yours are older so may be more picky - so YMMV!
I admit I'm not really a fan of pull-out/pull down setups so those rooms aren't really my favorite from that perspective - but they were warm/bright/comfortable, the bathrooms are massive, and overall I liked the setup.

Not sure I can answer with any authority since I wasn't the one sleeping on them and my kids will sleep on anything, but I guess they were fine. Yours are older so may be more picky - so YMMV!
I admit I'm not really a fan of pull-out/pull down setups so those rooms aren't really my favorite from that perspective - but they were warm/bright/comfortable, the bathrooms are massive, and overall I liked the setup.
Thanks. My kids are pains!! My oldest is torture lol. Once he hit 6 or 7 he never wanted to sleep on one again. Spoiled kids! I did notice OKW has 2 queens. So confused. Poly is a family favorite so it does sound nice.

Ok, I booked Gran Destino Towers. It will be nice having everything right there and it's a short trip if we don't like it.

I tried making reservations for Ogas Cantina, nothing available my 3 days. My 13 yo will be devastated. He wants to go to HS the first day. Our flight lands at 730 and it opens at 10. I think they will be exhausted and want to do it the 2nd day. Not having much luck with dining. Any suggestions?

So, I happened to see a video where a travel agent was talking about how she just booked her client a Club Level room at Portofino in Universal! I assumed it was an older video, but then I saw she posted it three days ago! I wrote to her and asked if club level is in fact back on at Universal. She said it has been back! I wasn’t aware of that, so I called Universal myself (Twice!) and asked them what, if anything, is different about club level services now, as opposed to pre-Covid. The agent I spoke with said everything is the same (food/alcohol/snacks), the only difference is that they have to social distance! I know this isn’t Disney related, but I was quite surprised to find out that they are, in fact, offering Club Level!! Would any of you look at me differently if I seriously consider adding a couple days at Universal this summer (pre-Disney trip) JUST for CL?! 😬 Gotta get a CL fix somehow!!!!

PS - my afterthought is, why can’t Disney do some form of CL if Universal is obviously successful in implementing it? 🤔

Last edited:
So, I happened to see a video where a travel agent was talking about how she just booked her client a Club Level room at Portofino in Universal! I assumed it was an older video, but then I saw she posted it three days ago! I wrote to her and asked if club level is in fact back on at Universal. She said it has been back! I wasn’t aware of that, so I called Universal myself (Twice!) and asked them what, if anything, is different about club level services now, as opposed to pre-Covid. The agent I spoke with said everything is the same (food/alcohol/snacks), the only difference is that they have to social distance! I know this isn’t Disney related, but I was quite surprised to find out that they are, in fact, offering Club Level!! Would any of you look at me differently if I seriously consider adding a couple days at Universal this summer (pre-Disney trip) JUST for CL?! 😬 Gotta get a CL fix somehow!!!!

PS - my afterthought is, why can’t Disney do some form of CL if Universal is obviously successful in implementing it? 🤔
Somehow I feel that comparing Universal to Disney is like comparing apples and oranges. Universal reopened way before Disney and reopened CL quickly. I've seen a lot of posts that Universal is almost like normal yet along with that there have been complaints about non mask compliance. Clearly Disney has another plan. I wouldn't have any idea as to numbers but it would seem that Disney has a lot more visitors and therefore more safety concerns?

Again, we all have to do what we think is best for our families, with no judgement about others. We're AP and cancelled 2 trips from 2020 and haven't booked one for Spring of 2021. We do have a reservation for December of 2021 but at this point, it's tentative. We're foodies and at our age, we like what we like and if we can't come close to our expectations, well..maybe 2022? Stay safe!

Somehow I feel that comparing Universal to Disney is like comparing apples and oranges. Universal reopened way before Disney and reopened CL quickly. I've seen a lot of posts that Universal is almost like normal yet along with that there have been complaints about non mask compliance. Clearly Disney has another plan. I wouldn't have any idea as to numbers but it would seem that Disney has a lot more visitors and therefore more safety concerns?

Again, we all have to do what we think is best for our families, with no judgement about others. We're AP and cancelled 2 trips from 2020 and haven't booked one for Spring of 2021. We do have a reservation for December of 2021 but at this point, it's tentative. We're foodies and at our age, we like what we like and if we can't come close to our expectations, well..maybe 2022? Stay safe!

Not necessarily trying to compare the two... just wondering out loud why Disney can’t start adding back CL services. Even if they did a test, of sorts, with say 2 resorts, just to see if the demand is there. It’s obvious they are more on the cautious side of things, that’s for sure.

I’m sorry you had to cancel your trips. I was there for two weeks in November/December and it was, by far, one of best trips we experienced. Of course I missed fireworks, CL, EWP, etc., but we still got to eat at all of our favorite restaurants and ride all of our favorite rides. At no time did I ever feel unsafe or uncomfortable. Hope you get to go back soon!

Not necessarily trying to compare the two... just wondering out loud why Disney can’t start adding back CL services. Even if they did a test, of sorts, with say 2 resorts, just to see if the demand is there. It’s obvious they are more on the cautious side of things, that’s for sure.

I’m sorry you had to cancel your trips. I was there for two weeks in November/December and it was, by far, one of best trips we experienced. Of course I missed fireworks, CL, EWP, etc., but we still got to eat at all of our favorite restaurants and ride all of our favorite rides. At no time did I ever feel unsafe or uncomfortable. Hope you get to go back soon!
You can be sure of one thing....Disney wants CL back more than we do! It's a huge money maker for them, same with the dining plans. When they deem it's safe to bring them back, they'll do it. They are ALL about the $$$! We love CL also...BWI is our favorite. We've done trips without CL but do admit we prefer CL.

We're getting up in age and made a decision that we won't fly/travel until we've both been vaccinated. Unfortunately, along with no CL, some of our favorite restaurants and experiences are still not available. This too shall pass and we'll get back there as soon as we feel comfortable. I so enjoy seeing everyone's posts about their trips..kinda helps to keep the wolf away:).

GO FOR IT!

Yep I knew they had cl this whole time. Very frustrating. WE all want it back already!

It's a complicated question with an even more complicated answer. We've all been wondering the same thing for months and months now.

It's Disney, it boils down to money. They would need to re-employ all the prior staff, plus at least one more cm for each shift to ensure the areas are kept clean and folk are not self-serving at drink stations. Servers might need to be added too. Fewer people would be able to stay at CL making the overall profits even lower.

Disney will bring it back when the numbers on all sides start looking favorable to their profits.

Last edited:
Yeah, I dont think CL is the money maker we all think that it is. I mean how many times have you looked at Jambo house Savannah view just to find out that upgrading to CL is only a couple of more $/night? I know my family gets way more than the $100/night WL charges, plus paying staff on top of that. Tons of food waste too. I've seen whole trays of cheese, bread, etc just tossed away.

As far as UO, we are APs there and mask compliance is VERY good. Plus before you ride ANYTHING you must, no exceptions, put on hand sanitizer. I know WDW has it there IF you want it. As far as crowds, UO has closed to capacity several times. I was there one of those days and its A LOT of people. As far as CL at UO, everything is pre-packed. So no trays of anything. You get a box of appetizers, same for breakfast. Everyone gets the same thing. So WDW could easily do this, but they have chosen not to.

Bottom line, if WDW wanted to bring back CL they simply would. Obviously at this point, they don't. I see the question getting raised a lot, does WDW want to provide the "white glove" service that they have prided themselves on for so long? Many would say by all of their latest moves, the answer is no. I guess only time will tell.

I do believe CL will return to WDW at some point but when....who knows?

Yeah, I dont think CL is the money maker we all think that it is. I mean how many times have you looked at Jambo house Savannah view just to find out that upgrading to CL is only a couple of more $/night? I know my family gets way more than the $100/night WL charges, plus paying staff on top of that. Tons of food waste too. I've seen whole trays of cheese, bread, etc just tossed away.

As far as UO, we are APs there and mask compliance is VERY good. Plus before you ride ANYTHING you must, no exceptions, put on hand sanitizer. I know WDW has it there IF you want it. As far as crowds, UO has closed to capacity several times. I was there one of those days and its A LOT of people. As far as CL at UO, everything is pre-packed. So no trays of anything. You get a box of appetizers, same for breakfast. Everyone gets the same thing. So WDW could easily do this, but they have chosen not to.

Bottom line, if WDW wanted to bring back CL they simply would. Obviously at this point, they don't. I see the question getting raised a lot, does WDW want to provide the "white glove" service that they have prided themselves on for so long? Many would say by all of their latest moves, the answer is no. I guess only time will tell.

I do believe CL will return to WDW at some point but when....who knows?
Thank you! Good info as to what's going on at UO. You bring up some good points.

Disney can. The question is why have they chosen not to and all we can do is guess at that answer.

IMHO- they want assurance they will make money and hotel attendance is so low they cannot promise that. Hotels I was at (CSR, GF, Riv) felt half deserted at WDW when I was there in Nov.

I just wanted to give you experience from someone who was just at UO in November and stayed CL at Royal Pacific. It was very nice, and because the price was right we went for it. If I would've paid more I would've been disappointed because while the lounges are open, they're open with the very basics. Everything is pre-packaged or served to you, so breakfast was doughnuts, croissants, pre-packaged oatmeal, etc. There were no lunch items, only snacks, and it was chips, cookies and crackers. Dinner was about 2 different appetizers and a hummus box, with wine and beer, and evening desserts were cookies, brownies and cupcakes. We would usually take our food back to our room because there was limited seating in the lounge and it didn't have the inviting feel to it that I'm sure it would have if we all weren't distanced and masked up. Yes, it can be done, but I feel like they wouldn't be able to charge their normal room rates with what they would be permitted to serve. They would have to make some major monetary adjustments to make guests want to book those rooms, and right now I don't think they have the luxury of doing that.

With that being said, I never once felt unsafe at UO, and mask compliance was just as high there as it was when we moved over to DW. I was sanitized more at UO then anywhere else, so much so, that I think I lost the top layer of skin! :rotfl:The convenience of getting a coffee, soda, snack, etc. whenever the lounge is open is the real draw right now, so if you're okay with that then I say go for it. You'll get get a taste for what they have to offer, but just go into it with the knowledge that it won't be half as good as what they were offering pre-COVID.

Ok, I booked Gran Destino Towers. It will be nice having everything right there and it's a short trip if we don't like it.

I tried making reservations for Ogas Cantina, nothing available my 3 days. My 13 yo will be devastated. He wants to go to HS the first day. Our flight lands at 730 and it opens at 10. I think they will be exhausted and want to do it the 2nd day. Not having much luck with dining. Any suggestions?
https://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/reservation-finder

I loved CL at Portofino Bay (pre-Covid) Beer, wine, water, and at the time they offered simple mixed drinks for $6. Food was great! Always a nice salad, hot entree, and some additional items.

Everything is pre-packaged or served to you, so breakfast was doughnuts, croissants, pre-packaged oatmeal, etc. There were no lunch items, only snacks, and it was chips, cookies and crackers. Dinner was about 2 different appetizers and a hummus box, with wine and beer, and evening desserts were cookies, brownies and cupcakes. We would usually take our food back to our room because there was limited seating in the lounge and it didn't have the inviting feel to it that I'm sure it would have if we all weren't distanced and masked up.
I dont' remember having lunch pre Covid, but dinner was amazing. Sad that it's not the same right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter