Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We were there too and this is fact. It was so poor tonight. Such a difference compared to our last stay in August. The food offerings were very poor, it was incredibly crowded, and they weren’t clearing tables. We had a one night stay before we move to another resort as a treat and I feel that it was a bit of a waste because it was not very relaxing and didn’t feel like it was “worth it” tonight if you know what I mean. Not sure I would stay club level here again and I’ve previously enjoyed it a lot.

ETA: also the strangest thing the lines for the wine and beer were quite long. My husband waited in it and asked for a certain type of beer. He was told that they didn’t have any right now and a cast member was going to get some. He could see in the fridge there was half a six pack of it and pointed it out to the cast member serving. They actually pushed other beer in front of it and proceeded to again reiterate that they would not serve it to him and that another cast member was getting more so they would have it later. I don’t know who they were saving it for but whoever it is must have been more important than my husband. It was kind of shocking.

The secret got out how great it is.........

Now everyone is there....

That lounge does not handle big crowds well.

He was told that they didn’t have any right now and a cast member was going to get some. He could see in the fridge there was half a six pack of it and pointed it out to the cast member serving. They actually pushed other beer in front of it and proceeded to again reiterate that they would not serve it to him and that another cast member was getting more so they would have it later. I don’t know who they were saving it for but whoever it is must have been more important than my husband. It was kind of shocking.

Something similar happened to us last year when my husband asked for a cordial and was told they didn't have any. (CM had put away liquor 15 minutes prior to closing.) I spoke up and said I just saw it. In that case, it was grudgingly served. He went to the back and got it.

That is just bad customer service and I would definitely send an email about it to the hotel general manager. They typically send an email to the lead person on the reservation asking for feedback. Give it. I know my family will.

Sorry you were disappointed, my family was too.

Last edited:
One minute it was empty and the next minute the line was out the door into the hallway. fwiw it got less crowded after 5:40pm. They will try a bit later tonight. (YC CL)

They also went there at 1:20pm for afternoon snacks and it was a mess. They texted me, 'everything is gone!' I told them to ask CM to replace. They did and said she seemed 'surprised' that literally everything was empty. She did replace.

I know it's a holiday week, but be prepared; you are charging a lot of money, Disney.

Last edited:
Something similar happened to us last year when my husband asked for a cordial and was told they didn't have any. (CM had put away liquor 15 minutes prior to closing.) I spoke up and said I just saw it. In that case, it was grudgingly served. He went to the back and got it.

That is just bad customer service and I would definitely send an email about it to the hotel general manager. They typically send an email to the lead person on the reservation asking for feedback. Give it. I know my family will.

Sorry you were disappointed, my family was too.
Thanks. I think I will write an email. The whole experience was just not up to par. I need to hunt down the GM email when we get home. I know the cast members are probably fatigued from the busy holidays but everything was just “off.” Besides the food and alcohol issues our magic bands kept not working intermittently and no one ever greeted us ever even though we came and went frequently. Plus we had the most problematic check in ever and had to go to the main check in desk a couple times to even get access to the 5th floor which wasn’t fun hauling all our bags. BUT we are at Disney and we did have a very nice night last night so all is well general 😊

Can anyone recommend a specific standard CL room with two queens at GDT? The views from both sides look great and I can’t decide which room or which side to request. TIA!

Can anyone recommend a specific standard CL room with two queens at GDT? The views from both sides look great and I can’t decide which room or which side to request. TIA!

You can’t request one side or the other. You book either standard view or water view (water view is more expensive).

Sorry to be confusing! We have already booked and are looking to request a specific room using the Touring Plans room finder, which shows Standard CL rooms facing both sides of the resort, at least on the 15th floor.

I know it's a holiday week, but be prepared; you are charging a lot of money, Disney.

I agree :).

Thanks. I think I will write an email. The whole experience was just not up to par. I need to hunt down the GM email when we get home. I know the cast members are probably fatigued from the busy holidays but everything was just “off.” Besides the food and alcohol issues our magic bands kept not working intermittently and no one ever greeted us ever even though we came and went frequently. Plus we had the most problematic check in ever and had to go to the main check in desk a couple times to even get access to the 5th floor which wasn’t fun hauling all our bags. BUT we are at Disney and we did have a very nice night last night so all is well general 😊

I'm sorry your YC CL experience wasn't the best, but glad you still had a nice night :wizard:.

At GF SL right now and just want to report that service has been outstanding! We just arrived yesterday and have only ever stayed RPC before. I have been so apprehensive about staying SL after reading a lot of comments that made it sound lackluster at best. We have been so pleasantly surprised! I’ll post more when time allows.

Correction: sometimes an email, and sometimes a letter delivered to the room with contact info.

The current GM at Yacht & Beach has the letter left in the room. I found it on the bed or the dresser at check in.

I am not too happy hearing these issues at YC but not really surprised. The GM changed maybe 2 years ago? For years I got a survey after every stay. I haven’t gotten 1 survey since this GM came. I don’t know if the GM decides how to get feedback or if upper management coincidentally stopped the surveys at the same time. But it is something I noticed & don’t feel it is a change for the better. Many people will do a survey they are sent but won’t take the time to actually write out an email.

Several years ago the lounge offerings were cut back at all resorts. They got a lot better in 2017 & 18. Even the desserts were upgraded... I remember mini apple pies in a warmer pan.... :cloud9:. For a short time, there were jars of candy in the lounge, good stuff & chocolates. Our 2 stays in 2019.... desserts reverted to generic cookies, Rice Krispie treats & mini cupcakes. The candy jars are down to 1 or 2 on a table in the hall with dum dum suckers.

I think YC CL had a brief, spectacular period that raised our expectations. Unfortunately management seems to have downgraded things again which stinks. I hope they don’t get even worse.

At GF SL right now and just want to report that service has been outstanding! We just arrived yesterday and have only ever stayed RPC before. I have been so apprehensive about staying SL after reading a lot of comments that made it sound lackluster at best. We have been so pleasantly surprised! I’ll post more when time allows.

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying GF SL!

We really love staying in GF SL. Yes, we also like RPC, but the value of SL is really good, and use en joy the location. It feels quicker to get to our destination from there. I guess that is partly because I dislike the monorail and love the boat access to the MK, love being next to the pool and Gaspies to watch the fireworks and generally just enjoy the quick grab and go breakfast which is conveniently on our way out the door.. When we stay RPC, we linger over visits to the lounge, which is enjoyable, but slows us down a bit. LOL!

I guess that it depends upon what you are looking for nd how you like too use the lounge/club level.

Looking forward to hearing more of your experiences!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter