Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Spent lots of time with Irv last week. He's now scheduled 3 days a week and is picking up shifts if needed (when he's not walking 7 miles a day). Such a nice man, I could talk to him for hours! He is one of the main reasons we stay Poly.

That is great to hear! I may or may not have written a note when we got home with my ‘opinion’ of the one day a week scheduling. :rolleyes1 Doubt that has any influence, but it made me feel better.

He is also one of the reasons we like returning to Poly, never quite the same when we don’t run into him.

Last edited:
GF is not a dog friendly resort. The only deluxe resort that allows you to bring dogs is the Yacht Club. The barking dog mentioned in the review must have been a "service" dog. Those must be allowed by law. Whether or not this particular dog was a legitimate service dog or not is another matter.
We had, not one, but THREE yipping dogs next door to us at Poly Hawaii building in August! They were barking non-stop just as we were trying to sleep. My DSIL walked down & complained(nicely) & was told it would be taken care of immediately. And it was! We never heard them again, but did see them frequently. Out of curiosity I googled dog friendly Disney resorts & lo and behold- Poly popped up. I was very surprised as I thought YC was the only one now that’s dog friendly. I may have seen old information & I’m fairly certain the dogS were “service” dogs. But I will say that despite the one night of constant yipping, they were well behaved & didn’t disturb us again.

Saw in the lounge today a family of 5 at breakfast all having platters of scrambled eggs with some kind of side. When I asked the CM about it he said one word “allergies”.
One family member to have allergies sure, two with allergies ok possible, but for all 5 to have allergies I wonder if this family figured out how to game the system. Just speculating.

If a cast member, fully operationally trained, decided to allow it, who am I to judge?

Just to let you know, if this is part of the procedure, you can benefit from it as well.

We just got home from BWI stay and haven't found any changes in our service during the trip. Staff has moved a bit, sure. Food was as top notch as always. Especially nice with the additions at lunch.
In addition to Jackie, JJ and Lorenzo, Joe is still there. Honestly, we love Linda and Anita but have really loved the new staff brought up too. There a good mix of both new and old. I don't think some change is necessarily bad. The newer staff have been there for several months/trips. I'm the worse with names so I'm of no help just that I like them all.
We are back next week, I'll do some digging to see if I can learn anything.

I noticed several new faces two weeks ago and they were all very nice. The only thing that bothered me was one CM that kept calling me "hon" and she's like 30 years younger than me. In general I don't like being called endearing names by strangers.

I hope they don't move Lene out of BWI club level; she's always been terrific.

Just checked out of BC CL and have now checked into BWI CL.

I have always loved the lobby and we enjoy the Cape May breakfast so have wanted to give it a try, but none of us were impressed with the Club Level offerings or atmosphere at all.

The staff were friendly, but the offerings were definitely sub par and didn't feel worth the $$. I would have much rather paid for a water view and bought my own breakfast.

The desserts included things like a 1.5 inch square brownie covered in marshmallows, or 1.5 inch square rice krispy treat and one bite cupcakes along with the standard cookies that all the club levels seem to have for snack/ dessert times. It was not really impressive, although my son enjoyed the ice cream.

Perhaps it was just an off two days, but both days the rolls were stale (several commented on this) and they were served with some luke warm meatballs one night and soupy looking mac and cheese the next along with some brisket which may have been good, but I didn't try it as we were going out to eat.

The highlight was the salmon the first night which was good and paired with some cold marinated vegetables.

Overall it was extremely sparse compared to what we have had at the Grand Floridian every stay including last month.

Tonight at BWI the appetizers were good. The kids enjoyed the mac and cheese and the steak salad was very good. Hopefully the rest will be as well, although desserts seem similar to BC so far.

I've seen photos with much more so maybe just an off night.

I noticed several new faces two weeks ago and they were all very nice. The only thing that bothered me was one CM that kept calling me "hon" and she's like 30 years younger than me. In general I don't like being called endearing names by strangers.

I hope they don't move Lene out of BWI club level; she's always been terrific.
I'm with you, Lene is a huge favorite in our house.
I have a feeling Lene will be there as long as she wants to be. Her husband is very high up LOL

The only thing that bothered me was one CM that kept calling me "hon" and she's like 30 years younger than me.

My biggest peeve ever. Use my name, ma’am miss, Ethel. I don’t care. But don’t call me hon or love or sweetheart or anything similar. And definitely don’t call my husband some pet name while I’m standing right there, unless you want an eye poked out! Lol... But honestly, it’s just creepy and I wish people would stop this.

Just checked out of BC CL and have now checked into BWI CL.

I have always loved the lobby and we enjoy the Cape May breakfast so have wanted to give it a try, but none of us were impressed with the Club Level offerings or atmosphere at all.

The staff were friendly, but the offerings were definitely sub par and didn't feel worth the $$. I would have much rather paid for a water view and bought my own breakfast.

The desserts included things like a 1.5 inch square brownie covered in marshmallows, or 1.5 inch square rice krispy treat and one bite cupcakes along with the standard cookies that all the club levels seem to have for snack/ dessert times. It was not really impressive, although my son enjoyed the ice cream.

Perhaps it was just an off two days, but both days the rolls were stale (several commented on this) and they were served with some luke warm meatballs one night and soupy looking mac and cheese the next along with some brisket which may have been good, but I didn't try it as we were going out to eat.

The highlight was the salmon the first night which was good and paired with some cold marinated vegetables.

Overall it was extremely sparse compared to what we have had at the Grand Floridian every stay including last month.

Tonight at BWI the appetizers were good. The kids enjoyed the mac and cheese and the steak salad was very good. Hopefully the rest will be as well, although desserts seem similar to BC so far.

I've seen photos with much more so maybe just an off night.

Thanks for your review of BC CL. I'm sorry it wasn't up to par with GF. Hope you enjoy BWI CL :wizard:.

My biggest peeve ever. Use my name, ma’am miss, Ethel. I don’t care. But don’t call me hon or love or sweetheart or anything similar. And definitely don’t call my husband some pet name while I’m standing right there, unless you want an eye poked out! Lol... But honestly, it’s just creepy and I wish people would stop this.
We originate from the Great White North but located to the South 20 years ago. There seems to be two ways of addressing people ma’am/sir or sweetie/honey. I will call children I don’t know honey (maybe I shouldn’t but don’t know how else to address a young child I don’t know) but would never call an adult I don’t know sweetie or honey. It’s definitely taken getting used to to not bother me, but I think it’s just the way some people have been raised so I give them a pass on it.

Of course all the yes ma’am and yes sir took some getting used to as well. Where we come from that was always usually said with sarcasm. 😂

We originate from the Great White North but located to the South 20 years ago. There seems to be two ways of addressing people ma’am/sir or sweetie/honey. I will call children I don’t know honey (maybe I shouldn’t but don’t know how else to address a young child I don’t know) but would never call an adult I don’t know sweetie or honey. It’s definitely taken getting used to to not bother me, but I think it’s just the way some people have been raised so I give them a pass on it.

Of course all the yes ma’am and yes sir took some getting used to as well. Where we come from that was always usually said with sarcasm. 😂
Yep, so common here in the South. Though does seem to have some pockets of areas that do it more than others. My (now gone) MIL called EVERYONE! honey. She never used a name, closest friend to newly encountered stranger. DH isn't quite as bad but he's close. It is most definitely not a term of endearment but totally how they were raised. I totally realize how most from outside the area would never understand this. On the other hand, I was raised 200 miles away and it was not commonly used.

Just back from a BC CL/CR CL split stay.

BC CL was serviceable. The ice cream freezer was a big hit with grownups and kids. Plenty of apps to satisfy for dinner if you want. Breakfast was good. I was unimpressed by most of the staff. They weren’t as friendly as I would have expected. Often difficult to find a table, kids and adults taking food from trays with their hands. Just not the atmosphere I would expect for a CL. One day our room was never cleaned. Overall the pool and and walk to Epcot make it a place we will possibly stay again, but that would be the draw, not the CL.

At CR we had amazing staff interactions. This was our 2nd stay so I knew what to expect. So friendly and helpful. Really nice wines that are self serve. Breakfast was good. Snacks are snacks, but really like the little baggies they provide. And enough to keep everyone happy. Apps were good. Not necessarily enough for dinner, but good quality. Desserts were delicious. Still a family favorite and we will likely stay there again. The view of the fireworks can’t be beat.

Happy to answer any questions!

Just back from a BC CL/CR CL split stay.

BC CL was serviceable. The ice cream freezer was a big hit with grownups and kids. Plenty of apps to satisfy for dinner if you want. Breakfast was good. I was unimpressed by most of the staff. They weren’t as friendly as I would have expected. Often difficult to find a table, kids and adults taking food from trays with their hands. Just not the atmosphere I would expect for a CL. One day our room was never cleaned. Overall the pool and and walk to Epcot make it a place we will possibly stay again, but that would be the draw, not the CL.

At CR we had amazing staff interactions. This was our 2nd stay so I knew what to expect. So friendly and helpful. Really nice wines that are self serve. Breakfast was good. Snacks are snacks, but really like the little baggies they provide. And enough to keep everyone happy. Apps were good. Not necessarily enough for dinner, but good quality. Desserts were delicious. Still a family favorite and we will likely stay there again. The view of the fireworks can’t be beat.

Happy to answer any questions!

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry your BC CL experience wasn't the best, but hope you had a nice stay overall. Glad you had another great CR CL stay :).

Agree we Chicago folk think 30 deg..is a heat wave...

So true ::yes::

:drinking1.......:wave2:......27 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

The days will fly by and you'll be back before you know it ;).

We are looking forward to our Gran Destino CL stay the weekend before thanksgiving. We are planning to go to MVMCP on Nov 24. This will be the only time we go into the parks. Do any of you know if I can make 60 day advance FP reservations for the 4:00-7:00 time when we can go into the park prior to the party?

We are looking forward to our Gran Destino CL stay the weekend before thanksgiving. We are planning to go to MVMCP on Nov 24. This will be the only time we go into the parks. Do any of you know if I can make 60 day advance FP reservations for the 4:00-7:00 time when we can go into the park prior to the party?
Yes. If the park closes at 6pm, you can make them for 3:30, 4:30, 5:30.

I'm looking for a little help on the best way to request my FP+ using the CLFP. Do you send an email somewhere or call (I don't think I got one of those welcome to club level letters or emails)? Do you just list out all 6 rides and times you would like along with which are CLFP and which are regular FP+? If I call, will they do it while on the phone in case there are any questions/issues with availability or will they just take the info and call back when done?

I'm after my 90 day but still weeks before my 60 day window. Just trying to figure out the best way to do this.

Thanks

I'm looking for a little help on the best way to request my FP+ using the CLFP. Do you send an email somewhere or call (I don't think I got one of those welcome to club level letters or emails)? Do you just list out all 6 rides and times you would like along with which are CLFP and which are regular FP+? If I call, will they do it while on the phone in case there are any questions/issues with availability or will they just take the info and call back when done?

I'm after my 90 day but still weeks before my 60 day window. Just trying to figure out the best way to do this.

Thanks
You can make the CLFP by calling or emailing your list. I'm still trying to decide which method to use, too.
Here is a link to the CLFP discussion thread that has a lot of info. You might post your question there to get more feedback:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...-program-planning-discussion.3657573/page-117

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter