Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Not going to get into specifics on what is going on but as of Sunday Linda and Anita are no longer in the club lounge. They have been moved downstairs. Rob and I emailed corporate not that it will do any good but we met some other regulars this trip that were also doing the same. I told disney us and other repeat guests stay at the Boardwalk innkeepers club because of the cast members that have been there for years and told them they are about to have some very unhappy repeat customers.

Not going to get into specifics on what is going on but as of Sunday Linda and Anita are no longer in the club lounge. They have been moved downstairs. Rob and I emailed corporate not that it will do any good but we met some other regulars this trip that were also doing the same. I told disney us and other repeat guests stay at the Boardwalk innkeepers club because of the cast members that have been there for years and told them they are about to have some very unhappy repeat customers.

Thanks for letting us know. We've never been there before (couldn't convince DW about the clown pool) but the friendliness of the CM has been one of my key argument for spending a few nights there. Hope the situation is temporary and will get sorted out (in addition to the lounge being too small to cater for their guests).

Are you kidding me! Why on earth would they move Linda and Anita downstairs? That really makes me mad. The cast is what makes our trip special. Oh boy, am I going to be complaining come December. Is Jackie and JJ still upstairs? They really will be getting an earful from their repeat guests.

Are you kidding me! Why on earth would they move Linda and Anita downstairs? That really makes me mad. The cast is what makes our trip special. Oh boy, am I going to be complaining come December. Is Jackie and JJ still upstairs? They really will be getting an earful from their repeat guests.

I agree. It is definitely the CM’s that make the BWI club level so special. We always feel like we are home. I’m glad we were able to have a great stay in June. I know change is inevitable, but if it’s not broke don’t fix it.

We just got home from BWI stay and haven't found any changes in our service during the trip. Staff has moved a bit, sure. Food was as top notch as always. Especially nice with the additions at lunch.
In addition to Jackie, JJ and Lorenzo, Joe is still there. Honestly, we love Linda and Anita but have really loved the new staff brought up too. There a good mix of both new and old. I don't think some change is necessarily bad. The newer staff have been there for several months/trips. I'm the worse with names so I'm of no help just that I like them all.
We are back next week, I'll do some digging to see if I can learn anything.

Jackie JJ and Lorenzo are about the only originals left now since Pete retired and now Anita and Linda got relocated. We have been staying club at the BW since 2005 and they were there our first stay. We are not happy!!
We just got home from BWI stay and haven't found any changes in our service during the trip. Staff has moved a bit, sure. Food was as top notch as always. Especially nice with the additions at lunch.
In addition to Jackie, JJ and Lorenzo, Joe is still there. Honestly, we love Linda and Anita but have really loved the new staff brought up too. There a good mix of both new and old. I don't think some change is necessarily bad. The newer staff have been there for several months/trips. I'm the worse with names so I'm of no help just that I like them all.
We are back next week, I'll do some digging to see if I can learn anything.
I agree with both of you. I get frustrated when my favorites are gone yet I end up loving the new staff too (most times).

One week to my poly cl stay.

Don’t even care who’s there as long as I get a POGmosa and can sit on my LV patio and enjoy my favorite view ❤️😍🍷

I agree with both of you. I get frustrated when my favorites are gone yet I end up loving the new staff too (most times).

Don’t even care who’s there as long as I get a POGmosa and can sit on my LV patio and enjoy my favorite view ❤😍🍷

Have fun! Irv was only working one day a week when we were there in late July, plus fill-ins for others when available. :-(

Ivette - who had been away for awhile - was back most mornings, it was great to see her as she has always been so friendly with us and the kids.

Other than that, many new faces in the lounge like always. I continue to see more manager-types around vs prior years - that's either a good or bad thing, I can't tell! 8-)

It is definitely the CM’s that make the BWI club level so special.

I agree. I've only stayed BWI CL once, but it was a great stay as all of the CL CMs were amazing :goodvibes.

Have a great time :wizard:.

I am hoping the split stay next yr at CR atrium will be fun and give us a variety. Looking forward to something new but still getting some Boardwalk time too.

It's nice mixing things up sometimes. Hope you have a great time and enjoy CR CL :).

Have fun! Irv was only working one day a week when we were there in late July, plus fill-ins for others when available. :-(

Ivette - who had been away for awhile - was back most mornings, it was great to see her as she has always been so friendly with us and the kids.

Other than that, many new faces in the lounge like always. I continue to see more manager-types around vs prior years - that's either a good or bad thing, I can't tell! 8-)
Ivette and Betty Jo my favs early in day.

Thx for the update!

Well it has happened. I swore I would never stay anywhere else other than the Boardwalk. With our recent trip and the changes going on at the Innkeepers with managers moving some of our favorite CMs downstairs to the main desk and out of the lounge, the overcrowded lounge during the services, and just the overall feel this year we have booked a split stay next fall. We are going to try the Atrium Club at the Contemporary for our MK and AK days then back to Boardwalk for Food & Wine. I have stayed at the Contemporary on a girls trip. DH has only been in the Contemporary for dinners so he is excited to try something different too since it will just be the two of us next year. DD is vacationing with her future in laws next year so has to skip Disney. Hopefully it will work out well.
It’s even worse than you think for the affected employees who have been moved downstairs - their pay has been cut to reflect the new “lower” position.
This isn’t right for employees who have been in the same position for 15 + years. Save a few dollars per hour but spend billions on Galaxy’s Edge. Also, I guess the union of which these cast members belong to is sort of useless, since they can’t do anything to help them out.

You can normally book full length of stay FPs for all of your Disney resort visits, even ones in close proximity to each other, with your AP. The CL FP thing at 90 days out MIGHT cause some issues in your situation - the system doesn’t properly handle the length of stay benefit when outside the 60 day window, by most accounts.

I didn’t study your timeline specifically but I would proceed with booking as per your plan until you run into any problems. It is possible you may hit a max when booking the CLFP and the CM may not be able to override.

For research purposes over on the TPAS board, I wouldn’t mind hearing how it goes if you don’t mind. You don’t often see many people with multiple trips and the CLFP program, so the more reports of actual experiences/any problems helps the FP pros that track this kind of thing.
Posted on the FP Addendum thread. Booked this morning. 7 day AP limit was applied to me. At first I thought I’d gotten around it somehow (maybe because the primary person in my CLFP party doesn’t have an AP) but 20 mins after concluding our call I called back for a change and the CM said she was glad I called because she was going to have to contact me because she noticed I had an AP and I can’t have more than 7 days of FP. I cancelled my 9/15 FPs in order to keep my CLFP booked with the rest of my fam in Nov. I’m kicking myself for not looking at MDE in those 20 mins as I don’t know if she was actually able to make the FPs for me or not.

Right now I can’t add any FP in MDE so idk if I’ll be able to get anything back for 9/15. Not holding my breath, at least that day is not a big loss to me and I was ready to lose it if I had to.

Posted on the FP Addendum thread. Booked this morning. 7 day AP limit was applied to me. At first I thought I’d gotten around it somehow (maybe because the primary person in my CLFP party doesn’t have an AP) but 20 mins after concluding our call I called back for a change and the CM said she was glad I called because she was going to have to contact me because she noticed I had an AP and I can’t have more than 7 days of FP. I cancelled my 9/15 FPs in order to keep my CLFP booked with the rest of my fam in Nov. I’m kicking myself for not looking at MDE in those 20 mins as I don’t know if she was actually able to make the FPs for me or not.

Right now I can’t add any FP in MDE so idk if I’ll be able to get anything back for 9/15. Not holding my breath, at least that day is not a big loss to me and I was ready to lose it if I had to.

Ugh - yeah, that 90 day CLFP thing is just a circle in a square in the whole MDE setup. Really a shame they can’t address that programming as its very punitive to repeat guests. You might could try calling the AP line or get to someone in guest relations who can override it, but that’s probably a low success rate thing to do. Or write guest relations to plead your case.

Once your CLFP trip gets in the 60 day window, things will go back to normal (although not sure that helps in your situation).

Saw in the lounge today a family of 5 at breakfast all having platters of scrambled eggs with some kind of side. When I asked the CM about it he said one word “allergies”.
One family member to have allergies sure, two with allergies ok possible, but for all 5 to have allergies I wonder if this family figured out how to game the system. Just speculating.

Saw in the lounge today a family of 5 at breakfast all having platters of scrambled eggs with some kind of side. When I asked the CM about it he said one word “allergies”.
One family member to have allergies sure, two with allergies ok possible, but for all 5 to have allergies I wonder if this family figured out how to game the system. Just speculating.

Humm. That’s new to me. My DS has severe allergies and the CM’s at WL and GF always went above and beyond to get him something he could safely eat. I will say a few times they extended the offer to my DD if my DS was getting something ‘special’, but she would politely decline. We were never asked, as a family, if we’d like something that was being special made for my DS. It’s possible they asked to have some for themselves. Hard to know if they all had the same allergies or not, but of course it could also be possible, you are right in your speculation.

Spent lots of time with Irv last week. He's now scheduled 3 days a week and is picking up shifts if needed (when he's not walking 7 miles a day). Such a nice man, I could talk to him for hours! He is one of the main reasons we stay Poly.

Was this at the Boardwalk?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter