Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Well I am sad to say that my BC CL for June is not going to happen. I just can't justify it for a solo trip :(

BUT with this SWGE preview news, I modified the reservation to a weekend in August. The fam said they would all be down if I can secure a slot. Looks like plenty of availability for BC CL all weekends. Here's hoping I can return sooner than later!

Well I am sad to say that my BC CL for June is not going to happen. I just can't justify it for a solo trip :(

BUT with this SWGE preview news, I modified the reservation to a weekend in August. The fam said they would all be down if I can secure a slot. Looks like plenty of availability for BC CL all weekends. Here's hoping I can return sooner than later!

Know the feeling......

We had BC CL originally checking in next weekend the 29th through July 7th, we canceled that not to long ago but have since thrown together a Universal Disney split so we are literally about to be leaving and staying at HRH CL until next weekend then 2 nights at Poly CL!!!

4th of July back home but just glad we can go!!!

Then our next big one is later in September into October.

Long post! Sorry!

Hi all - I am posting this question here because I trust all of your advice since I popped in here last October with some CL questions. We had to cancel a Thanksgiving trip and are rescheduling last minute for mid-August. We have never traveled to Disney at that time, but both my husband and I had parents who lived in Florida and have spent portions of summers there, so we are familiar with the heat, humidity, and storms, and all of that fun.

That all brings me to the question about where to stay. It is the two of us and our 12 year old daughter. We stayed CL at YC in February, and we ruined our kid for life (she actually said she would rather shorten a trip than not stay CL - I was appalled). We loved CL and would definitely consider it again at the right price, which is part of the issue here. With the summer discounts, we are debating 3 resorts - BWI CL (this would be a new resort for all of us and the only CL), Contemporary lagoon view, and GF outer building. We are looking at 5 nights, planning H2O Glow and Villains After Hours, park hopper tickets, and pool time.

The biggest question out there for us is the walking - we love being within walking distance of a park or two, but will we realistically utilize that proximity in mid-August, especially at BWI? Would we be better off at the GF with the monorail and boats? Also, with the 3-5 pm storms, do we want to be under one roof, or does the outer building not matter (GF)?

Thank you all SO much! I lurk on this thread a lot because you all have great insight and give genuinely thoughtful responses. It's my favorite to lurk on!

Rera2528

I'm sorry you had to cancel your solo trip, but glad you were able to reschedule something else! Hope the August weekend works out :).

We’ll be there next week. I’ll be sure to update! :)

Have a great time! :yay:

Know the feeling......

We had BC CL originally checking in next weekend the 29th through July 7th, we canceled that not to long ago but have since thrown together a Universal Disney split so we are literally about to be leaving and staying at HRH CL until next weekend then 2 nights at Poly CL!!!

4th of July back home but just glad we can go!!!

Then our next big one is later in September into October.

Sounds like a fun trip! Hope you have a great time :goodvibes.

Long post! Sorry!

Hi all - I am posting this question here because I trust all of your advice since I popped in here last October with some CL questions. We had to cancel a Thanksgiving trip and are rescheduling last minute for mid-August. We have never traveled to Disney at that time, but both my husband and I had parents who lived in Florida and have spent portions of summers there, so we are familiar with the heat, humidity, and storms, and all of that fun.

That all brings me to the question about where to stay. It is the two of us and our 12 year old daughter. We stayed CL at YC in February, and we ruined our kid for life (she actually said she would rather shorten a trip than not stay CL - I was appalled). We loved CL and would definitely consider it again at the right price, which is part of the issue here. With the summer discounts, we are debating 3 resorts - BWI CL (this would be a new resort for all of us and the only CL), Contemporary lagoon view, and GF outer building. We are looking at 5 nights, planning H2O Glow and Villains After Hours, park hopper tickets, and pool time.

The biggest question out there for us is the walking - we love being within walking distance of a park or two, but will we realistically utilize that proximity in mid-August, especially at BWI? Would we be better off at the GF with the monorail and boats? Also, with the 3-5 pm storms, do we want to be under one roof, or does the outer building not matter (GF)?

Thank you all SO much! I lurk on this thread a lot because you all have great insight and give genuinely thoughtful responses. It's my favorite to lurk on!

Rera2528

I haven't stayed at CR, but have stayed BWI CL and GF outer building, both of which are amazing (especially CL at BWI). I love CL, so I think I'd opt for BWI, with GF my second choice. Good luck deciding and happy planning :wizard:.

I was mia here yesterday. In case you missed it the AP rate went up, wayyyy up. I found a thread about it and got good info.

Sams club still has passes.!!!

With tax I paid 924.78 which is $256.96 less than new rate of $1194.71 with tax.

I saw that, too! I renewed on my trip last week, but not sure I'll be renewing next year. A $250 increase is quite a jump :(.

I'm sorry you had to cancel your solo trip, but glad you were able to reschedule something else! Hope the August weekend works out :).
Thank you! Well, I cancelled one of my reservations... HAHA.

Instead of BC CL which I was holding onto if others came, I am doing a Poly studio and YC standard view room split. It will be about $750 less total after tax. If I were going with multiple people, I could see getting that back from CL, but just myself (as a park commando) it would be hard. Instead I am doing 2 DAH (MK/Villains + DHS) and the Wild Africa Trek! After AP discounts, I am still "saving" around $300.

I was mia here yesterday. In case you missed it the AP rate went up, wayyyy up. I found a thread about it and got good info.

Sams club still has passes.!!!

With tax I paid 924.78 which is $256.96 less than new rate of $1194.71 with tax.
I saw that, too! I renewed on my trip last week, but not sure I'll be renewing next year. A $250 increase is quite a jump :(.

The AP news was very upsetting. I needed to renew two family members and only one was in the 60 day range. I purchased 2 from Sam's as well because the old price there was cheaper than the new renewal price after 15% off by about $88.40. It also provides some flexibility because I can reset the clock on my sister's AP who won't be traveling until October (or August if I get the SWGE preview) and my mom would have had an issue of missing part of our early FP+ window for on-site guests in October! I was going to plead with GR to let me upgrade her early next week, but now I have a voucher good for any date so she will be set with FP+ :)

The AP news was very upsetting. I needed to renew two family members and only one was in the 60 day range. I purchased 2 from Sam's as well because the old price there was cheaper than the new renewal price after 15% off by about $88.40. It also provides some flexibility because I can reset the clock on my sister's AP who won't be traveling until October (or August if I get the SWGE preview) and my mom would have had an issue of missing part of our early FP+ window for on-site guests in October! I was going to plead with GR to let me upgrade her early next week, but now I have a voucher good for any date so she will be set with FP+ :)
Nice!

Thank you! Well, I cancelled one of my reservations... HAHA.

Instead of BC CL which I was holding onto if others came, I am doing a Poly studio and YC standard view room split. It will be about $750 less total after tax. If I were going with multiple people, I could see getting that back from CL, but just myself (as a park commando) it would be hard. Instead I am doing 2 DAH (MK/Villains + DHS) and the Wild Africa Trek! After AP discounts, I am still "saving" around $300.

Sounds like a great trip.....Poly & YC split is the best of both worlds ::yes::. Hope you have a great time!! :goodvibes

I didn't know Sams had APs.....and for less than the renewal price....what a great deal :thumbsup2.

Has anyone noticed rates changing from one day to the next? Yesterday I priced AP rates for a weekend in August and got on there just now to look at them again. Something didn't look right, so I grabbed my sheet from yesterday and found that today the rates were quite a bit higher (for example, BC CL is about $450 more for 3 nts than it was yesterday) :confused3 .

Saw some great fares on SWA, but kinda not worth it now with the higher resort rates :sad2:.

Has anyone noticed rates changing from one day to the next? Yesterday I priced AP rates for a weekend in August and got on there just now to look at them again. Something didn't look right, so I grabbed my sheet from yesterday and found that today the rates were quite a bit higher (for example, BC CL is about $450 more for 3 nts than it was yesterday) :confused3 .
Your post intrigued me. I checked a weekend stay at BWI club level yesterday. I just looked and today the same dates and room category went up $114 per night. :scared:

Saw some great fares on SWA, but kinda not worth it now with the higher resort rates :sad2:.
Your post intrigued me. I checked a weekend stay at BWI club level yesterday. I just looked and today the same dates and room category went up $114 per night. :scared:
The AP discount watch thread has been tracking these fluctuations. It seems Disney is randomly increasing the price of weekend nights. If you expand the details of the price, you will see the weekday nights are significantly less. It has gone back and forth numerous times over the past few weeks.

People usually post when it is good to go and book again like this: https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...-book-through-august-28.3713914/post-60710248

May want to ask/keep an eye on that thread if you're interested in when it drops again

The AP discount watch thread has been tracking these fluctuations. It seems Disney is randomly increasing the price of weekend nights. If you expand the details of the price, you will see the weekday nights are significantly less. It has gone back and forth numerous times over the past few weeks.

People usually post when it is good to go and book again like this: https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...-book-through-august-28.3713914/post-60710248

May want to ask/keep an eye on that thread if you're interested in when it drops again

I'll have to go check out that thread. Thanks for posting this :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter