Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

Yikes! I shall be staying non-club.

FWIW, I believe you can have standard view shared balcony rooms non-CL as well. This pic is taken from the YC CL lounge balcony looking towards the shared balcony jut out. Top floor is CL but the two below it aren’t. Obviously it is very low odds that you would get any of the applicable rooms CL and non-CL, but technically possible.

IMG_6928.jpeg

Yikes and yikes! Is it ok to assume that only the SV have the shared balcony? I currently have a non-club GV. Thanks.

Hi there! we have the Poly CL TPV booked for early December for our son's 5th bday celebration and first time in WDW (it's a complete and total surprise for him - as in, he will find out when we wake him up) - I know it's early but I'm curious as to when you think I should email Signature Services with a room request. I would prefer a third floor but i'd be fine with ground - I'm trying to avoid the middle. I've never stayed at the hotel before but because I'm SUPER HYPED I've done a borderline obsessive amount of research and the only thing I couldn't really nail down was anything related to a timeframe of requests though so I was hoping you guys might help? I did look back on a few posts about the Poly but nothing touched on the when to write - just the where to write. Thanks in advance!!

Hi there! we have the Poly CL TPV booked for early December for our son's 5th bday celebration and first time in WDW (it's a complete and total surprise for him - as in, he will find out when we wake him up) - I know it's early but I'm curious as to when you think I should email Signature Services with a room request. I would prefer a third floor but i'd be fine with ground - I'm trying to avoid the middle. I've never stayed at the hotel before but because I'm SUPER HYPED I've done a borderline obsessive amount of research and the only thing I couldn't really nail down was anything related to a timeframe of requests though so I was hoping you guys might help? I did look back on a few posts about the Poly but nothing touched on the when to write - just the where to write. Thanks in advance!!

You can put your request in at anytime, you can also call about a week or 2 out to confirm your request is still noted. I have heard room assignments begin 4-7 days out but I can’t confirm if that is actually true or not, that’s come from both CM’s and from around here also, but I usually put any of my requests in ASAP then call a week or 2 out.

Poly CL is amazing, you will love it! As the pp said, you can put requests in at any time. I also wanted to mention that sometimes requests get overlooked so if you do get a room on the 2nd floor, you can always ask if there is something else available. It's not guaranteed your room can be changed, but Disney tries to accommodate requests as best they can, so it never hurts to ask. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I really, really, really didn’t want one of those rooms, and for both of my SV CL stays at the YC I made my first request “private balcony”, then followed by any other requests. I didn’t get one of those rooms either stay, I was 2 doors past them last summer. I think your chance of not getting one of those rooms is high, since there are a lot more rooms that don’t have that shared balcony than do, and if you happened to get one I would try to change.

I know some people don’t mind it or even like the room it has, but it just bothered me to know I might have to run into people simply by going out on my balcony! Plus, the last thing I want is people able to peer into my room or my kids try to look into theirs. Just no thank you.

I would love that balcony just for the room, but I can totally see your point about the kids. My 7-year-old would want to make friends with everyone else sharing he balcony.

I would love that balcony just for the room, but I can totally see your point about the kids. My 7-year-old would want to make friends with everyone else sharing he balcony.

Agreed. Which to us was the best part! We've become really good friends with a couple families we shared the balcony with. We've gone on vacations together, been to weddings, graduations etc.

Your question has been answered about when to submit room requests, but I just wanted to add a quick note that there are very few (if any) TPV rooms on the first floor since the Bungalows were built several years ago. Most of the TPV rooms are on the third floor followed by the second floor. Most of the first floor rooms are LV rooms (also some on the second and third as well).

I perhaps get a bit over-focused on getting a third floor room myself. We have had mostly good luck with being assigned the third floor, but occasionally have had a second floor room. I always have to mentally prepare myself that both are possible. :-)

If you arrive and are given a second floor room, don’t hesitate to ask if something else might be available - even on the first floor acknowledging it may be a lesser view category than what you have booked (in this case, LV vs TPV). If you let the CM know you are OK with that they can let the room assignor know.

I’ll also caveat that Poly tends to run pretty high occupancy so moving room assignments is easier said than done, but anything can happen.

Enjoy your trip. Poly CL TPV is probably our favorite overall room type/resort/CL combination, despite any second floor/third floor ‘heartburn’.

Agreed. Which to us was the best part! We've become really good friends with a couple families we shared the balcony with. We've gone on vacations together, been to weddings, graduations etc.
How fun! I always wonder if my kids will start making “friends” on vacation as they get older, but never considered we (the adults) might!

You can put your request in at anytime, you can also call about a week or 2 out to confirm your request is still noted. I have heard room assignments begin 4-7 days out but I can’t confirm if that is actually true or not, that’s come from both CM’s and from around here also, but I usually put any of my requests in ASAP then call a week or 2 out.

Thank you! I will definitely do that.

Poly CL is amazing, you will love it! As the pp said, you can put requests in at any time. I also wanted to mention that sometimes requests get overlooked so if you do get a room on the 2nd floor, you can always ask if there is something else available. It's not guaranteed your room can be changed, but Disney tries to accommodate requests as best they can, so it never hurts to ask. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

That's good to know - I mean getting a second floor room isn't going to make me "upset" i just know what I would prefer - so I appreciate your advice because I don't think I would have asked if there was anything else available after being assigned the room.

Your question has been answered about when to submit room requests, but I just wanted to add a quick note that there are very few (if any) TPV rooms on the first floor since the Bungalows were built several years ago. Most of the TPV rooms are on the third floor followed by the second floor. Most of the first floor rooms are LV rooms (also some on the second and third as well).

I perhaps get a bit over-focused on getting a third floor room myself. We have had mostly good luck with being assigned the third floor, but occasionally have had a second floor room. I always have to mentally prepare myself that both are possible. :-)

If you arrive and are given a second floor room, don’t hesitate to ask if something else might be available - even on the first floor acknowledging it may be a lesser view category than what you have booked (in this case, LV vs TPV). If you let the CM know you are OK with that they can let the room assignor know.

I’ll also caveat that Poly tends to run pretty high occupancy so moving room assignments is easier said than done, but anything can happen.

Enjoy your trip. Poly CL TPV is probably our favorite overall room type/resort/CL combination, despite any second floor/third floor ‘heartburn’.

Ok that makes sense about the Bungalows and the view on the first floor, I hadn't really thought of that. We have never stayed at the Poly before so I think we are just going to be BEYOND excited to be there, club level especially.

Are the "club level" rooms connected to the actual club lounge? I know there are different buildings and I think the Hawaii building is the dedicated CL building but i wasnt positive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter