• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

We have a trip planned for AKL Club level in Sept. This time we are doing it through DVC. It is my understanding that the 1 bedroom Villas are on the 6th floor by the CL. Is this correct? When will concierge contact me or do I need to initiate it? We really enjoyed the food last time so we are hoping it will still be good.

Hi! We really prefer BC CL over GF CL but both are amazing. Just purely based on the resort I LOVE the GF. I can remember riding on the monorail when I was little and dreaming of staying at the GF someday - I'm so glad I got the chance to! It's so magical and beautiful and I love being on the monorail. But, I didn't love their CL. I can only speak for Sugar Loaf but we didn't really like the setup and missed the BC when we were there. It was partially tainted by CMs who were very welcoming or willing to help. They were a little on the grumpy side and the offerings were skimpy. I don't think the issue with the offerings is still the case. But, it left a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth. When I asked the family where we wanted to stay this time it was unanimous that everyone wanted to stay at BC again. But, GF was still a wonderful resort and I would stay again in a heartbeat.
I currently prefer BWI CL over GF CL Sugarloaf. The staff was more engaged and the night offerings tastier and less starchy. GF shone for breakfast and the afternoon tea offerings but we preferred the self service late night cordials at both BWI and YC CL.
This is not to say I wouldn't enjoy returning to GF but next time I'd pay the bill to stay at the main building which has a full kitchen on premises and doesn't require me to walk a bottle of wine to the main hotel or forgets to plug the room refrigerator in....nope not forgetting that oops moment;).

Beware- you may never go back to coach again. :)
I find the Delta's "Comfort Plus" good enough so that I can't tell the difference. I've never been in first class, but I feel 100% comfortable on the flight (seat's comfortable, sufficient leg room, the 2+4 hours fly by quickly, I feel perfectly good at the end, plenty of luggage space due to preboarding, I don't drink) and can't imagine it being better. Is first class really worth it?

Of course, the "comfort plus" doesn't always exist.

I find the Delta's "Comfort Plus" good enough so that I can't tell the difference. I've never been in first class, but I feel 100% comfortable on the flight (seat's comfortable, sufficient leg room, the 2+4 hours fly by quickly, I feel perfectly good at the end, plenty of luggage space due to preboarding, I don't drink) and can't imagine it being better. Is first class really worth it?

Of course, the "comfort plus" doesn't always exist.
Well, that's a value proposition that you have to answer for yourself, just like being in Club Level.
To me, the seat is just part of it- something one might not know if upgrades at the gate is one's only experience with it. It cuts down on a ton of standing in line.I have RA so this matters a lot to me. There is priority at the check-in counter, at TSA, at boarding, and when picking up your luggage. . I spend way less time at the airport than I used to.

If you're running late it's a lifesaver. One time in San Jose I made a mistake on my flight time and was off by an hour and still made the flight. Curb-to-seat was less than 20 minutes- I know, because I was watching the clock! :crazy2:

The upshot of it is that it's made flying fun again. My vacation starts when I leave my house, instead of when I get to my destination. And if my destination is Europe, the whole first day is much better because I've slept. I figure flying first class gives me 3 extra days of vacay when I fly overseas!

Last edited:

Well, that's a value proposition that you have to answer for yourself, just like being in Club Level.
To me, the seat is just part of it- something one might not know if upgrades at the gate is one's only experience with it. It cuts down on a ton of standing in line.I have RA so this matters a lot to me. There is priority at the check-in counter, at TSA, at boarding, and when picking up your luggage. . I spend way less time at the airport than I used to.

If you're running late it's a lifesaver. One time in San Jose I made a mistake on my flight time and was off by an hour and still made the flight. Curb-to-seat was less than 20 minutes- I know, because I was watching the clock! :crazy2:

The upshot of it is that it's made flying fun again. My vacation starts when I leave my house, instead of when I get to my destination. And if my destination is Europe, the whole first day is much better because I've slept. I figure flying first class gives me 3 extra days of vacay when I fly overseas!

We are flying from Europe, but we always stay at the Airport the night before, so as far as i'm concerned, Holiday starts when i finish work, the day before flying, Getting there is part of the holiday, Who doesn't enjoy a 9 hour transatlantic flight?

It’s hard... I am the same way. I LOVE Disney, and just assume everyone else will love it too. My DH’s co-worker and his family went a couple years ago... we gave them all the advice we could before they left. When they got back, they said it was the worst vacation they’ve ever been on and would never go back. They now refer to Disney as ‘Hell’ when we talk about it. :scared: :faint: Different strokes for different folks, I guess! I’m sure your friend will be just fine. It’s still vacation, how bad can it be???

Same thing happened with my sister, but she didn't really listen to my advice. She did her vacation her way. I think you have to do Disney a certain way, with certain expectations. For ex, I told them to avoid Saturday night at Epcot during food and wine. They did not. They were in gridlock and very exasperated. This could have been avoided, especially with someone telling you.

My husband's friend took his two kids during spring break. We told him about going early. He arrived every day at 11am and had to wait in 1 hour long lines. Came home complaining.

Same thing happened with my sister, but she didn't really listen to my advice. She did her vacation her way. I think you have to do Disney a certain way, with certain expectations. For ex, I told them to avoid Saturday night at Epcot during food and wine. They did not. They were in gridlock and very exasperated. This could have been avoided, especially with someone telling you.

My husband's friend took his two kids during spring break. We told him about going early. He arrived every day at 11am and had to wait in 1 hour long lines. Came home complaining.

I want nothing more from my friends or family than to come back and say they can’t wait to go again... but there’s only so much we can do. It just stinks because you hope they see Disney the way you do. It’s disappointing when there’s no excitement in their voice when they talk about it. Oh well, we tried!!

We had a trip that was almost that bad, and I decided I must be missing something- so I found sites like the DIS and others, and the last few times we went it was great. This time I'm VERY pro-active because I know it's gotten even more crowded in the past few years. Hence booking CL from the start as opposed to waiting to see if the prices came down. And buying a few extras like dessert party and CL Fastpasses. Learning about Minnie Van and Uber. I'm ready to do battle! :darth: If we could take more time, I'd be more chill but the kids all have their schedules......

Hi! We really prefer BC CL over GF CL but both are amazing. Just purely based on the resort I LOVE the GF. I can remember riding on the monorail when I was little and dreaming of staying at the GF someday - I'm so glad I got the chance to! It's so magical and beautiful and I love being on the monorail. But, I didn't love their CL. I can only speak for Sugar Loaf but we didn't really like the setup and missed the BC when we were there. It was partially tainted by CMs who were very welcoming or willing to help. They were a little on the grumpy side and the offerings were skimpy. I don't think the issue with the offerings is still the case. But, it left a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth. When I asked the family where we wanted to stay this time it was unanimous that everyone wanted to stay at BC again. But, GF was still a wonderful resort and I would stay again in a heartbeat.

I've never stayed BC CL, but I feel the same about GF SL. I'm glad I tried it, but it's not for me. The lounge doesn't have a comfortable atmosphere (at least not to me) and since it's located in the lobby of the SL building, there are no windows/views. I love the GF, but SL isn't a CL I have any desire to return to. Hope you have a great return trip to BC CL :).

We have a trip planned for AKL Club level in Sept. This time we are doing it through DVC. It is my understanding that the 1 bedroom Villas are on the 6th floor by the CL. Is this correct? When will concierge contact me or do I need to initiate it? We really enjoyed the food last time so we are hoping it will still be good.

Yes, DVC rooms are located on the 6th floor. Getting contacted by Disney Signature Services (DSS) is hit or miss as some people get a call and/or email, while others never hear anything. If you have questions, room requests, etc., you can always contact them. Have a great trip :wizard:.

I currently prefer BWI CL over GF CL Sugarloaf. The staff was more engaged and the night offerings tastier and less starchy. GF shone for breakfast and the afternoon tea offerings but we preferred the self service late night cordials at both BWI and YC CL.
This is not to say I wouldn't enjoy returning to GF but next time I'd pay the bill to stay at the main building

I agree! Haven't stayed YC CL (trying it for first time in June), but I loved BWI CL and would choose that over GF SL without hesitation ;).

Yes, all on the 6th floor. I have stayed at AKL-CL yearly in a DVC room for about 10 years now, and I have not been contacted by them since they switched to DSS, you may have better luck, but I would count on needed to contact them if you actually have anything that you need. Just note that there are no view or location requests for these rooms, there are not enough of them to be able to accommodate preferences.

Depending on when you're there, we might see you. Two weeks AKL CL in Sept :-)

DGD insisted that for our upcoming trip she and her bestie want to sleep in mornings because "it's vacation". I gave it some thought and decided to let the 2 of them live w/ their decisions to some degree. Since CL stops serving breakfast around 10:00 AM they have to be dressed and have eaten by then since I'm not paying for breakfast twice;). Made all our FPs starting around noon and we'll take it from there. I suspect the man and I are gonna need a vacation from this vacation because I just know they aren't going be happy unless they drag us out every night:crutches::D.
I've never stayed BC CL, but I feel the same about GF SL. I'm glad I tried it, but it's not for me. The lounge doesn't have a comfortable atmosphere (at least not to me) and since it's located in the lobby of the SL building, there are no windows/views. I love the GF, but SL isn't a CL I have any desire to return to. Hope you have a great return trip to BC CL :).

Yes, DVC rooms are located on the 6th floor. Getting contacted by Disney Signature Services (DSS) is hit or miss as some people get a call and/or email, while others never hear anything. If you have questions, room requests, etc., you can always contact them. Have a great trip :wizard:.

I agree! Haven't stayed YC CL (trying it for first time in June), but I loved BWI CL and would choose that over GF SL without hesitation ;).
Are you traveling with kiddos? If so they are going to wuvvv the pool! I tried to drown myself in 4 feet of water coming off the water slide soooo maybe I won't return there until I'm sure all the CMs forget what I look like;).

Last edited:
Depending on when you're there, we might see you. Two weeks AKL CL in Sept :-)

We are only staying club for 3 days of our trip so we can go to the parks and not feel like we are missing all the benefits of the Club. Our dates are 10th -12th. We are going to be in OKW and BLT before and after that.

I ended up putting in our room request this morning. For my safety I need hand rails in the soaker tub. I am recovering from a broken ankle and really messed up knees and my other ankle. It has been a long haul learning to walk again! I spent 3 months with no weight bearing! YUCK! I am so ready to celebrate in Disney!

Last edited:
Are you traveling with kiddos? If so they are going to wuvvv the pool!

No kiddos as this is a girls trip, but we do plan to take some time to sit and relax by the pool. YC was never really on my radar, but with all of the pics of the new lounge and the positive reviews I've read lately, it peaked my interest. Then once the AP discounts came out, it was hard to pass up a 40% discount :D.

I ended up putting in our room request this morning. For my safety I need hand rails in the soaker tub. I am recovering from a broken ankle and really messed up knees and my other ankle. It has been a long haul learning to walk again! I spent 3 months with no weight bearing! YUCK! I am so ready to celebrate in Disney!

I hope your recovering is coming along and you are able to enjoy your trip without any problems :wizard:.

We are flying from Europe, but we always stay at the Airport the night before, so as far as i'm concerned, Holiday starts when i finish work, the day before flying, Getting there is part of the holiday, Who doesn't enjoy a 9 hour transatlantic flight?

The poor unfortunate souls
iu.jpeg
in coach!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter