Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Someone mentioned their TA said the drink refill station in Trinidad is manned now. Is that true? Thanks!
Very possible-it is "within" Spyglass Grill,but not in the "main" part so they wouldn't have to open the whole building.

That would be a great thing for Trinidad.

I am curious to know how busy Banana Cabana is. I'm interested in having lunch or dinner there at least once on our trip, but I see there is no mobile ordering in advance. Are there times of day when you have to wait to get in?

I am curious to know how busy Banana Cabana is. I'm interested in having lunch or dinner there at least once on our trip, but I see there is no mobile ordering in advance. Are there times of day when you have to wait to get in?
It can get very crowded. There's a CM out front that will seat you or put you on a waitlist. If you get put on a waitlist you can still grab a drink from the bar and sit out on their deck over the water or by the pool. During the weekends I imagine there's a good chance of a wait.

Does anyone know how busy the quiet pools have been?

We were there January 20-24 and used the Barbados pool most afternoons. We were the only two people there other than one afternoon when one other woman was there.

I will say that the entire resort was pretty much a ghost town that week...

How does mousekeeping work now? Do you need to opt in or out? If you opt in - is it every day? Will be there in 4 weeks. Thanks!

How does mousekeeping work now? Do you need to opt in or out? If you opt in - is it every day? Will be there in 4 weeks. Thanks!
You can opt out , but you no longer receive a gift card for doing so. If you don't opt out, you will receive light housekeeping every other day (which is as stated in the post above).

Headed to CBR in a few days for a last minute get away with the family.

A recent post got me thinking that I may not understand all the details of how the skyliner runs. On our Hollywood Studios days I planned to catch the skyliner at the CBR station. And for our EPCOT days we would catch the skyliner at Riviera since it is one step closer to EPCOT. But it sounds like most of the gondolas passing through Riviera to EPCOT were already full which resulted in a wait.

It sounds like all gondolas originate from CBR and we should go there for both destinations. Correct?

TIA

A recent post got me thinking that I may not understand all the details of how the skyliner runs. On our Hollywood Studios days I planned to catch the skyliner at the CBR station. And for our EPCOT days we would catch the skyliner at Riviera since it is one step closer to EPCOT. But it sounds like most of the gondolas passing through Riviera to EPCOT were already full which resulted in a wait.

It sounds like all gondolas originate from CBR and we should go there for both destinations. Correct?

TIA
We just got back on Tuesday and used both stations to get to Epcot. The skyliner line for Riviera was much shorter than CBR and didn't take as long to get on. At the CBR station the left gondolas open about every 4 gondolas so there was some open for people at the Riviera. The line at CBR is huge from Pop and AoA getting off to transfer to the Epcot line. At Riviera around 10:30am before Epcot opening there were only about 6 families in line.

Back yesterday from our extended weekend stay at CBR 2/11 - 2/15
I know transportation is always a big question, especially at CBR! So here is the run down from the President's Day / Valentine's Day / Mardi Gras perfect storm of holidays!
2/11 - we rented a car (normally we would Uber), felt the Uber was one of our biggest risks we couldn't control. Arrived at CBR @12:50 pm, room was not ready. And we knew we couldn't make it to HS for the 1:00 RotR virtual Queue. Ordered lunch via MDE, waited almost 30 minutes for food to be ready at a non-busy time. Our room was ready by the time we were done eating. Moved the car, dropped our stuff in our room Aruba 55. Took the Riviera Hub over to the main Hub, transferred and then into HS. Left HS about 5:45, took the Skyliner to Epcot. When we were ready to leave Epcot it was pouring down rain (I mean buckets and buckets). Skyliner shut down. We had to walk from the back of the park to the front, to then stand in an endless line. Disney is unable to pivot quickly when the weather hits and now every person from CBR, AoA, Pop and Riviera now need to get on a bus. It took us more than hour to get back to our resort.
2/12 - MK day - park was open 9:00 a - 10:00 p - about 7:20 am we went to Riviera mobile ordered coffee from Primo, walked out the Riviera bus stop. Waited about 20 minutes for the bus to arrive, we were in the park super quick, park was open by the time we arrived about 8:05 am, walked to Space Mountain. They started the rides about 8:30. Stayed ALL DAY, walked out to the buses at park closing or just after. The line for CBR was huge. We took the Riviera bus. But we were in Aruba 55, so a super close walk.
2/13 - AK day - park was open 8:00 a - 8:00 pm - we used the Aruba bus stop. We arrived at our bus stop about 7:15. We waited about 10 minutes for the bus. We were in the park and in line for FOP by 7:50 am. Mid-day, took the bus back to CBR. About 5:30 we walked over to the Riviera Skyliner station to head to Epcot. We were about the 5th grouping back waiting. It took a while and the line behind us was building quickly. I joked with the Cast Member that they needed to send more empty cars from the main Hub. He said the ratio is 1 empty car every 12. My son was counting, it was about 15 - 17 cars before an empty one arrived. Epcot closed at 11:00. We left about 10:30. The line for the Skyliner was wrapped down towards Boardwalk. It took about 35 minutes for us to get on the Skyliner.
2/14 - HS then MK - HS opened at 9. MK closed at 11:00 pm - we walked down to the Skyliner Hub, not the Riviera Station. We were in line about 7:20 and about the 10th grouping back. They opened the gates to the Skyliner at 7:30. They moved some of us up into 2 queue lines right by where the cars would load. They were controlling the number of CBR people coming in from the line. The AoA line was running and they moved some of that line into the center of the Hub lines. None of the AoA line were in the super close queue lines. They started loading the cars at 7:50 am and we were in line being held outside of the temperature check tent until 8:15 am. Once inside we walked to Rockin Roller Coaster. Left HS about 5:15. There was a big line for the Skyliner, it was back towards the bus station. It moved quick. We were back at CBR by about 5:50. We had 7:45 dinner reservations at MK, so we were at the Aruba bus station by 6:50 pm. With me questioning if we would make it. The posted bus time on the boards and in the apps are not right, so you really don't know when a bus is coming. Bus arrived about 7:10. Driver dropped us off right by the temperature check tent. We didn't have to walk from the actual bus stop. We were inside and checked in for dinner by 7:30 pm . We closed down the park, walked out to huge lines at CBR and we took the Riviera bus.

Generally not huge issues using the buses. I don't think any of us think Disney does a great job of sending buses often enough. Be creative. If there are 4 of you but only 3 seats, tell the driver one of your kids can sit on your lap the entire time. There is no standing, no over crowding of buses. But I think they should be running more frequently especially at the end of the night.

I know I was anxious about making it to the park opening, generally we did without issue. AK we got a late start, I didn't set the alarm on my phone correctly. At least we didn't over sleep on our HS day!

Man, it seems like for my trip in late July, I'll have to plan for about 1 hour travel time. What a joke. Went to Universal in October and travel time was always amazing. WDW really needs to figure this out. But they haven't for the last 20 years.

TIA

Correct.

Mid-day, if you are closer to Riviera, it's fine to use that station. But at opening time, it's better to use the main hub.

You can opt out , but you no longer receive a gift card for doing so. If you don't opt out, you will receive light housekeeping every other day (which is as stated in the post above).
We will be staying at CBR for 14 nights, how does it work regards changing of bed linen? Can you pay for daily cleaning and bed making? Don't fancy sleeping in the same bedding for 14 nights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter