Two decades on the DIS, lurking and learning
- Nov 8, 2002
Observations from our stay at CBR last week!
Room 4117 (Jamaica):
- We requested a ground floor room in Jamaica, close to the skyliner.
- This was as close to the skyliner as you can get but a long(ish) walk to main hub (about 10 minutes to lobby, walking liesurely). We also walked all the way to Riviera one morning, which took only 10 minutes, pushing a heavy stroller.
- I loved it for the skyliner proximity and having the Joffrey’s right next door for morning coffee!
- Masks not required inside pool gates (only lifeguards wearing masks.)
- This resort is very busy. I assume partly due to limited options in the moderate category.
- Sebastian’s should be open with the resort this booked.
- CBR theming is great. Very VACATION feeling!! Beautiful first impression at night.
- Exterior, new lobby and other public areas are in great shape. Rooms just need upgrade.
- Rooms are more spacious than I expected. The only deluxe resort we have stayed at is AKL, and size seemed comparable, though bathroom was smaller and storage was in short supply.
- Room furniture dated. Green bench fabric/vinyl threadbare.
- Terrible dirty diaper smell in fridge. SO gross.
- Plastic-wrapped remote sealed with a sticker marked “clean” but there were smears and chunks of what looked like chocolate inside! Obviously NOT clean at all. Yikes.
- We only caught early morning buses, but we were always picked up first at Jamaica with only one other stop (Aruba). Buses then went straight to the park, even if the bus was only half full.
- All evening buses dropped at Jamaica first.
- One afternoon bus we took started with Martinique and went to all stops.
- Skyliner, as someone else stated, is GAME CHANGER. From CBR hub, it’s 5 minutes to DHS and 12 minutes to Epcot. WOW. I'm happy but also shocked that this is available to moderate/value resorts and not a deluxe resort exclusive. Also, it’s always moving, so you don’t have to run to catch it or wonder if you just missed it. We would stay at CBR again despite the room conditions, for skyliner alone. Can’t beat this transportation access for the price!