Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Okay, I know it says that Barbados and the non preferred buildings in Martinique will be torn down and that no buildings in Martinique are currently preferred.

Will we get the updated resort map when construction is completely finished next summer? We check in 8/25 and it would be awesome if we could request Martinique for a standard room.

Okay, I know it says that Barbados and the non preferred buildings in Martinique will be torn down and that no buildings in Martinique are currently preferred.

Will we get the updated resort map when construction is completely finished next summer? We check in 8/25 and it would be awesome if we could request Martinique for a standard room.
I'd imagine Martinique will stay as Standard at least until the Riviera build is completed (2019). Possibly, it will stay as Standard even after that otherwise the ratio of Preferred/Standard would be much higher than before.

I'd imagine Martinique will stay as Standard at least until the Riviera build is completed (2019). Possibly, it will stay as Standard even after that otherwise the ratio of Preferred/Standard would be much higher than before.

Thank you! I’ll be requesting Martinique for our trip in August!

Just got an email that with our king bed room we can't have a water view. Oh well.

Just being at Disney is enough for me!

So close!

Just got an email that with our king bed room we can't have a water view. Oh well.

Just being at Disney is enough for me!

So close!

There are at least 6 King Bed rooms that do have a view of a pool or the lake. So don't give up hope.

Hi, Q about the coffee makers in the room. Can you get just hot water and if yes will it taste/smell like coffee? We want to use the hot water for oatmeal for the kids breakfast before heading to the parks.

We were just there in December and our king room had a water view. Jamaica 4357.

I replied to the email and said that it was more important that we have a ground floor room, as I have some mobility issues especially with stairs. I will definitely get a ground floor room, so I'm happy.

I replied to the email and said that it was more important that we have a ground floor room, as I have some mobility issues especially with stairs. I will definitely get a ground floor room, so I'm happy.
That's great they're able to make sure you get a ground floor room. I requested a second floor room in the hopes of a quieter night. My kids go to sleep early.

Is opting out of housekeeping for the gift card being offered at CBR? I’ve only heard of it at Pop and Sports.

Thinking about booking for spring break. We don't usually eat at the resort much, so that aspect of construction probably won't bother us. Is it generally a mess...lots of walls to look at...or, does it still look like the peaceful, pretty resort I remember from past visits? What are the advantages/disadvantages of staying at CBR during their renovation? This is the only moderate available in our price range. Values just don't work for us...not enough space, 1 sink, etc. Deluxe resorts are way out of our price range. Should we wait and go another time? We're thinking about either Disney or just making it a beach vacation on FL west coast.

How does that work? $10 for every day that you decline, right?

It's the number of nights, minus 1, times $10. If your stay is for 7 nights and you opt out of housekeeping, you will get a gift card for $60. And it's all or nothing. You can't just opt out a couple nights of your stay.

Do you get it at the beginning or end of the trip?

You have to stop by the front desk on your first day and inform them you want to opt out. You will be given your gift card right then.

Thinking about booking for spring break. We don't usually eat at the resort much, so that aspect of construction probably won't bother us. Is it generally a mess...lots of walls to look at...or, does it still look like the peaceful, pretty resort I remember from past visits? What are the advantages/disadvantages of staying at CBR during their renovation? This is the only moderate available in our price range. Values just don't work for us...not enough space, 1 sink, etc. Deluxe resorts are way out of our price range. Should we wait and go another time? We're thinking about either Disney or just making it a beach vacation on FL west coast.

Personally I think any WDW vacation is better than no WDW vacation! I have stayed there last May (just as construction was being destruction) and in middle of August. We also don't care that much about gift shops or food court; I just like a nice room. The rooms at CBR are nice. For both May and August I found (despite the construction) the overall resort to be still lovely. The theme of CBR itself appeals to me much more than other moderates, and definitely more than any value. And that is even with construction. We are going again in three weeks (yippee) and once again staying at CBR. Even without the gift card it was the cheapest moderate. I feel good about the choice. Hope that helps...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter