Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Just finished our trip staying at CBR. A few observations:

-Was not offered the no housekeeping gift card, but asked and was approved for it. $70 yes please.

-We received the email for $75 per night gift card back in March. I’m glad that I brought a printed copy of the email because at some point it was removed from the system. They honored my email.

-Since we weren’t in the room during the day I can’t vouch for noise, but evening/early morning was noise free with the exception of fire works and people walking by. But the single entrance and having to drive all the way around the complex to Aruba 51 was frustrating. At least we could exit through the service/bus gate.

-Buffet- went for dinner one night. Tasty and was pleasantly surprised by the offerings. If we didn’t have free finjng(bounceback offer) we would have used it more for dinner.

-Soda machines.... there wasn’t one in Aruba building 51 otherwise we’d have used it more. They are in the ice machine rooms in some of the buildings.

-Markets... some rooms have been turned into markets with basic food items. Limited offerings. Coffee is here and got it a few times.

-Didn’t use the buses as we drove our van.

Not sure if we’d stay here again, but for the price it was worth it.

Last edited:
Hi, we'll be arriving at CBR next week for the Marathon weekend. Are there toasters available in the dining tent for bagels? Would anyone know if the tent was open at 3AM for runners during the Wine & Dine Weekend last month? Trying to figure out my pre-race breakfast options. Thanks!

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply, at least I can get my bagel fix post run if the tent isn't available before the races.
You're welcome-just my GUESS-but I seriously doubt the Centertown Buffet "tent"will be open outside of normal hours.:)

I am so excited! I booked our summer trip on Christmas day. We are finally getting back to WDW after a lloooonnnggg time! Our last visit to WDW was in 2010!! I am having serious Disney withdrawals. I decided to go ahead and book CB even though the construction is not set to be finished until the month after we visit. I have followed Mickeystoontown's trip reports for years and have wanted to stay at CB for a long time.

Just finished our trip staying at CBR. A few observations:

-Was not offered the no housekeeping gift card, but asked and was approved for it. $70 yes please.

-We received the email for $75 per night gift card back in March. I’m glad that I brought a printed copy of the email because at some point it was removed from the system. They honored my email.

-Since we weren’t in the room during the day I can’t vouch for noise, but evening/early morning was noise free with the exception of fire works and people walking by. But the single entrance and having to drive all the way around the complex to Aruba 51 was frustrating. At least we could exit through the service/bus gate.

-Buffet- went for dinner one night. Tasty and was pleasantly surprised by the offerings. If we didn’t have free finjng(bounceback offer) we would have used it more for dinner.

-Soda machines.... there wasn’t one in Aruba building 55 otherwise we’d have used it more. They are in the ice machine rooms in some of the buildings.

-Markets... some rooms have been turned into markets with basic food items. Limited offerings. Coffee is here and got it a few times.

-Didn’t use the buses as we drove our van.

Not sure if we’d stay here again, but for the price it was worth it.

Glad they honored your email about the gift card. We had the free dining bounceback plus got the $75 off during the initial confusion. I was pleasantly surprised when the CM handed us the gift card too, without my even having to mention it.

We were just there in building 54. There was a Coke machine in the building right next to ours. Right around the corner from the Island Market. I thought that it was in building 55.

Good you didn't count in the buses. I found it frustrating being in the last bus stop. Buses were frequently full. It was nerve wracking getting on when they finally came.

Agree that it was ok for what we paid. But not if I paid full price.

We will be at CBR 8/25 - 9/1. Centretown should be complete by then, correct?

Will they be offering the gift cards? Thanks!

We're excited! I can't decide if I want to request Martinique or Jamaica 45!
Me and "MY" Hammock proudly cast our vote for Jamaica 42!:)

34701032841_acd11883a7_h.jpg

We are at CBR currently and have been here for one week. We have been loving our stay. We had no issues collecting our gift card due to the construction and we were offered the gift card for no mousekeeping which we accepted. It has been easy to ask for towels or whatever we need. The housekeepers are very nice and caring here. Actually everyone at the resort has been super helpful and friendly.

The construction has not interfered in any way with our enjoyment at the resort. We have enjoyed the main pool and quiet pool and the noise from the construction never bothered us as they play music all of the time. Goofy was at the pool yesterday which was fun but my older kids preferred the quiet pool at the time so I don’t know how long he was there for. My husband and I wanted to join in the fun instead but decided to be responsible boevparents and stayed with our kids.

The food has been good and much better than we were expecting. There is a food truck at lunch that served gyros and they were very good and we had the dinner buffet which was better than we expected. We haven’t had breakfast at the resort yet but I am sure we will. The freestyle machines are close to us and the little marketplace/resort room is close too. We are in building 44. The addition of the machines and marketplaces has really enhanced our stay coming mpared to other moderate hotel stays in the past.

The buses really aren’t bad either especially in the morning. We are in Jamaica and they pick us up first and then Aruba and then head to the parks. On the way home, we are the 5th stop but at that point most people are off the bus so you can find a seat.

The only inconvenience has been going to the check-in area for concierge and other things we needed there. It is out of the way. I dropped off a cake we made at amorettes one morning st bell services and it really took a long time to get there. Not a big deal overall though.

We will definitely stay here again especially wth the addition of the gondolas. We cannot wait for that!

I'm sure this question has been asked a million times by now on this thread but I'm not about to search through 400+ pages to find it:
When is Centertown expected to reopen?

Following this thread. Planning a surprise summer trip that is a little shorter than our usual trips so I figured this would be a good time to try a moderate if we can get a deal on two rooms here. In spite of the construction and inconveniences associated with that it seems like there are still a lot of positives with many guests’ recent experiences staying here.

This question has probably been answered too but what is a freestyle machine?

Is it a pop machine that you can go and refill your resort mugs?
We are on the dining plan so we get the mugs and I want to take advantage of them

This question has probably been answered too but what is a freestyle machine?

Is it a pop machine that you can go and refill your resort mugs?
We are on the dining plan so we get the mugs and I want to take advantage of them

Yea, it is a Coke machine that you will fill your mugs from. They have all the different flavors & pops available. It's the same thing they have at AMC theaters if you've ever been there.

Yea, it is a Coke machine that you will fill your mugs from. They have all the different flavors & pops available. It's the same thing they have at AMC theaters if you've ever been there.

Thank no we are in Canada we don’t have those fancy machines yet lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter