Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

So I thought I had ordered 6 pirate themed beach balls for the kids to play in the pool ( we have a pirate room)...turns out I accidentally ordered 30!!!! holy moley!! so during the week of June 4th to 12th if you happen to be at the pirate pool and see tons of pirate beach balls floating in the water , please help yourself to one..LOL
We are checking in on June 13-my kids would be very happy to play with the beach balls during our time if you have extra!

CBR Bus Question -- does anyone know if the busses are still stopping at Old Port Royale / Centertown? I've found this stop to be closer to some of the preferred Martinique rooms when compared to the regular Martinique Village Stop. Also, where exactly is the Breakfast & Dinner Buffet located? Thanks in advance :)

CBR Bus Question -- does anyone know if the busses are still stopping at Old Port Royale / Centertown? I've found this stop to be closer to some of the preferred Martinique rooms when compared to the regular Martinique Village Stop. Also, where exactly is the Breakfast & Dinner Buffet located? Thanks in advance :)

Not sure about the buses, but if you look at the map of CBR on the Disney website it shows the location of the big white tent the buffet is in. It's to the left of Centertown if you are looking at the front of the building

Yes,OPR Bus Stop is still open.

Centertown Buffet is just outside "The Spa(Hot tub)" entrance to the Pool.

Thank you, I'm assuming the temporary concierge desk in the Trinidad building doesn't count? Must go to Custom House?
You may could call and have them send it over to 3109 Concierge.

Also,as an aside,it is not possible to walk to Custom House anymore-it is Internal Shuttle only.

Thanks momto4obkids and WEDWDE! I'm looking at the map more closely now. Do you think that, given the OPR / Centertown area is blanked out with green trees on the map, will guests have to use the path that goes through the parking lot area to get from Martinique Village to the Buffet and main Pool area? So essentially, can you walk on the inside of the resort where OPR was? This will make all the difference when choosing a village preference on the online check-in.

Thanks momto4obkids and WEDWDE! I'm looking at the map more closely now. Do you think that, given the OPR / Centertown area is blanked out with green trees on the map, will guests have to use the path that goes through the parking lot area to get from Martinique Village to the Buffet and main Pool area? So essentially, can you walk on the inside of the resort where OPR was? This will make all the difference when choosing a village preference on the online check-in.

I saw a video on facebook that was posted of the walk from Martinique. The back path is blocked off. You have to walk around the parking lot side, past Centertown and Trinidad North to get to the buffet and pool. The woman that posted it was staying in building 25 i believe? They had the walkway blocked off to 25, so she had to walk to 26 and go around the back to get to 25, if that makes sense?

I saw a video on facebook that was posted of the walk from Martinique. The back path is blocked off. You have to walk around the parking lot side, past Centertown and Trinidad North to get to the buffet and pool. The woman that posted it was staying in building 25 i believe? They had the walkway blocked off to 25, so she had to walk to 26 and go around the back to get to 25, if that makes sense?

That is extremely helpful to know...thank you! We booked preferred rooms, so now I definitely want to be sure we put Trinidad North on as our choice for Village Preference. Thanks again :)

Good morning all! I have updated the first post to include all of the latest information that has been received and/or posted here by fellow Disboard members. Those updates include links to pictures and posts by fellow Disboard members. Thanks to everybody for keeping us all informed! If any of you see something that I missed please let me know. If you have new information that you feel should be added to the first post, please tag me.

So essentially, can you walk on the inside of the resort where OPR was?
No,Guests in Martinique have to take the sidewalk that goes just behind the OPR Bus Stop past the "back" of Centertown Buffet and then turn right toward the lake-this route brings Guests to the Spa(hot tub) side of the Pool by the Merchandise Truck,future bar and entrance to Centertown Buffet.:)

Good morning all! I have updated the first post to include all of the latest information that has been received and/or posted here by fellow Disboard members. Those updates include links to pictures and posts by fellow Disboard members. Thanks to everybody for keeping us all informed! If any of you see something that I missed please let me know. If you have new information that you feel should be added to the first post, please tag me.
My friend is there now and they are currently taking all the murphy beds out of the rooms that are to be demolished and putting them in rooms in and around Trinidad North. just some minor banging noises, nothing major.

You were given bad information. Friends checked in Saturday and were able to pay their balance with their construction Gift Card.

They were also able to use the construction Gift card to make a deposit on a Bounce Back reservation.
Well I wonder if I got other bad info as well :rolleyes: In the end though, we will probably still use them for food and stuff, the GCs practically make our dining free this trip. Thanks for the info dansdad :wizard: good to know more about the gift cards!

The public outcry of such a heinous act made WDW come to their senses and put the handles back.

If only Disney would reverse every one of their heinous decisions....

Dansdad, meant to mention this, was out in Chicago for the Frozen Four at the United Center in early April. Great city. On the way back to Boston I met Tony Esposito and talked with him for a while. Super nice guy. I was thrilled.

Please note that all of the "informational posts" regarding the resort have been updated appropriately. Please read each of the posts thoroughly as the updates are inserted where needed within the post. So, some of the information may be at the top of the post, some may be in the middle or even at the end.

Until we know more about what is happening at Old Port Royale, I left the information as-is with notations at the top of each post. The reason? It took a long time to compile all of the information and pictures. I do not want to delete it all until, as I said, we know/see a "new" Old Port Royale. Some of the information and pictures may still be relative once it is all said and done. The notations that I made regarding Old Port Royale are in big bold letters so new readers are aware of what's going on. I will, of course, update ALL of the posts as new information comes in. This will include information posted, pictures posted and deleting what needs to be deleted after confirmation is received that something has, indeed, gone away permanently.

Last edited:
So I made 2 free dining bounce back reservations back in September for DH & I. We'll be going with our DS & DDIL, so we needed 2 rooms. One reservation is in DH's name, one in mine. Never linked them to MDE because we had a reservation last week & didn't want to have any problems with 2 things linked there. Made a MDE account for DH Monday & tried to link both our reservations to our different accounts. Couldn't do it for either reservation. Got messages saying the accounts were already linked --- to us! Lol! Called today & got a very nice MDE CM. He tried everything but wasn't able to fix it. He put me on hold & came back awhile later, apologized & said he had levels 2 & 3 working on it. Said it was a known problem that IT hasn't resolved yet. Put me back on hold. About an hour after the call started, he came back, apologized again & said he would let me go. But that they would continue working on the problem & send an email when it is resolved.

He was very nice & apologized repeatedly that it was taking so long to resolve but that something was preventing him from resolving the issue. I was happy he got another level or 2 involved in resolving things. Now I just hope it really does get fixed eventually! Our ADR day isn't til June 12, so I have some time to get this fixed. I also hope it doesn't mess with our free dining, the discount I recieved or the potential for the gift cards. This trip is turning into one big stress event! :rotfl2:

As a long time Caribbean beach visitor there is nothing more beautiful than a walk across the island bridge in the morning. I think there can be few more picturesque places to be. I have stayed in all villages except Barabados and Jamaica is my favourite of them all, then Aruba.m

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter