Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

FB_IMG_1494352505604.jpg
FB_IMG_1494352441888.jpg

FB_IMG_1494351102895.jpg
FB_IMG_1494351206131.jpg
FB_IMG_1494351199534.jpg
FB_IMG_1494351211359.jpg

Island Markets
Refillable mugs with handles?! I thought they changed them all. Last year we stayed at Wilderness Lodge and none of the mugs had handles. I like the handles!

We also LOVE to shop and send back to the resort... any news on package pickup location and how the temp location for that is working out would be wonderful.
Package Pickup is in Trinidad North room 3109(aka Concierge).

You can either have your "receipt" or use your MagicBand WITH some ID.

Thye will go to the room next door where they are keeping the Packages-they said it is FULL from floor to ceiling!lol:)

I was unfortunate enough to be visiting during the tumbler stage last year. They were a pain at Disney, those paper trays they provided were too flimsy to hold 4 mugs properly. However I like them at home better than a mug with handles. They are good for keeping a cup of hot tea warm when at home.

A little tip for any who are new to The Islands.

If you find yourself craving a little late-night snack after your Island Market has closed(10:00 PM)you will discover the only machines in the buildings are the ice machines and soda machines(and freestyles),but no snack machines.

Never fear-head straight for your Island Laundry!:)

There you will find an awesome machine with many drinks and snacks and you can "shop" for all you want and then "check out" and all your items will "dispense" together.:)

I just booked a last minute trip and am staying at CB at the end of June. Anh suggestions on where we should request to stay? We aren't big on lounging at the pools. We would rather get up and go. We just don't want there to be a ton of construction going on right outside our window. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I just booked a last minute trip and am staying at CB at the end of June. Anh suggestions on where we should request to stay? We aren't big on lounging at the pools. We would rather get up and go. We just don't want there to be a ton of construction going on right outside our window. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Did you book preferred, standard or Pirate Themed room?

I'm here now, just a one-night stay, and did not receive any voice mail about the gift card. I booked in February and have an email about the gift card. This may be a silly question, but because we do online check-in, I'm not sure where to "check-in" here and pick up my gift card. Where should we go?

I'm here now, just a one-night stay, and did not receive any voice mail about the gift card. I booked in February and have an email about the gift card. This may be a silly question, but because we do online check-in, I'm not sure where to "check-in" here and pick up my gift card. Where should we go?

The Front Desk or Concierge Desk at the Custom House.

Okay then there's only 2 possible Villages to be placed in, Aruba or Jamaica. Our favorite is Jamaica 45 with Aruba 51 right behind it. They are both going to be a good distance from the construction and a very short stroll to their bus stops.
Thanks so much! Jamaica or Aruba it is!

Thanks for all the wonderful answers and opinions based on experience! I appreciate it very much! We are not really resort or pool people. We spend most of our time in the parks. We booked a standard room for that reason. So we will be in Aruba or Jamaica anyway and will see what is available when we check in... I love the idea of the island/bridge to get to "Centertown". It looks like a great place for 'Kodak moments' possibly during Fantasmic! if we come back early enough one night or is Barefoot Bay better for night shots??. lol.
Anyone have thoughts/ideas for good photo spots? We will check out/explore the resort on our last morning before the ME bus pick up.

IMHO the only reason to worry about which room/village you are in is if you plan on spending more time at the resort than at the parks OR if you have mobility issues. The furthest village out, Trinidad South, is all pirate rooms now which is a totally separate booking category, so unless you purposefully booked a pirate room, you won't be there. All of Trinidad North and the remaining half of Martinique are preferred, another booking category, so unless you book preferred -- you won't be there (without some Pixie Dust! :) ). Barbados is being torn down, so you won't be there. This leaves Jamaica and Aruba which are both great and a pretty quick walk across the bridge to Centertown. Truth be told, these "standard" rooms may actually be better than the "preferred" rooms since most of the construction is in the middle of the preferred room sections. It just comes down to noise vs. distance.

So, no. You aren't just clueless. :) We have stayed in Trinidad South, Barbados, and Jamaica and haven't really had a bad room yet. This trip we booked preferred (back before the construction announcement) as that was all that was available at that time. There are bus stops and quiet pools at each village so you will be close to those amenities no matter where you end up. Some people prefer one village over another based on the bus routes but it's never been an issue for us as it's really only about a 5-10 minute difference (if that) and it's not a real issue for us if we have to stand on a crowded bus (usually only happens early morning and late night when people are first heading out and returning from the parks).

For the other part of your question about the number of rooms:
****The CBR has 2,112 guest rooms in 33 colorful 2-story buildings on the shores of a 42 acre lake. The buildings are grouped in 6 villages: Barbados, Martinique, Aruba, Jamaica, Trinidad North, and Trinidad South. Each village has 6 buildings, except for Trinidad North, which has 3 buildings. Each building contains 64 guest rooms. Each village has its own pool, white sand beach with hammocks and playground, laundry facilities, bus stop, and parking area. There are no elevators in any of the buildings. Guests who are unable to use stairs should request 1st floor rooms. All common facilities are wheelchair accessible.

****Taken from another WDW informational website. Keep in mind that all of Barbados and half of Martinique are being demolished as part of the current construction project. You can see the big green empty spaces on the resort map on the WDW website now.

With or without GC or with or without construction, I am looking forward to my first visit to CBR in 10 years. :cheer2: So, pirate: room here we come.
I'm with you, it's been about 7 years for me, and I am taking my GF who hasn't been since she was 7 and only the MK existed, and her 5 and 6 year old who have no clue. Also doing the Pirate room :-)

This is a very important reminder to everyone that will be getting a gift card
Doing online check in, even getting your room number via text, email or on the app, never prevents you from going to the front desk, if you wish.
In the case of a stay at CBR and a gift card, you must go to the desk. No matter what. Better make plans now to do just that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter