Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

The monitors are at the bus stops. The first few days they were only working at Old Port Royal, but by the time we left, they were working at Jamaica and Aruba too. We didn't use any other bus stops so I don't know about the others. I will try to upload a picture.

Omg! This makes me so happy! I am so type A and OCD so not knowing at all when the bus might come drives me crazy. I am sure they aren't perfect but hoping if it says 10 minutes it will be close to 10 and not 30, lol.

They were surprisingly very accurate. The time would change on the board so we were standing there and the time would change usually a minute back or forward. We noticed the buses were either on time or early, according to the posted sign. I don't think they were late, the time on the board would just change. I hope this makes sense jet lag has caught up to me. :(

Following! I am so excited about my June trip!
Anyone know the price of the doughnut boxes or the fruit? Trying to decide if it is worth checking another bag for breakfast items...

Following! I am so excited about my June trip!
Anyone know the price of the doughnut boxes or the fruit? Trying to decide if it is worth checking another bag for breakfast items...

I don't remember the exact prices for the boxes of donuts but I remember thinking that it wasn't excessively high. I believe the individual pieces of fruit were about $1 but hopefully someone who has been there more recently can chime in.

We hit page two anyway :(

I am able to book fastpasses tonight at 11pm (in central time zone). I am so excited! I know that also means I should be able to do online check-in soon (tmrw?). Question - I am traveling with family and we have two rooms, so we want to be in either connecting or adjacent rooms, does not matter which. I want to request Jamaica, second floor. I also need to request to be away from the smoking areas if possible, as it makes my asthma flare up. Will I be able to request all of those things online? If not, can I if I call and request all 4 things?

We hit page two anyway :(

I am able to book fastpasses tonight at 11pm (in central time zone). I am so excited! I know that also means I should be able to do online check-in soon (tmrw?). Question - I am traveling with family and we have two rooms, so we want to be in either connecting or adjacent rooms, does not matter which. I want to request Jamaica, second floor. I also need to request to be away from the smoking areas if possible, as it makes my asthma flare up. Will I be able to request all of those things online? If not, can I if I call and request all 4 things?

During online check in you can only select 2 options. Jamaica and 2nd floor are the only 2 options, of the requests you mentioned, that will be available. The more requests you make, the harder it will be for them to be granted. I would prioritize your requests and then call the Main Reservations line and have them added to your reservation in the order of preference.

During online check in you can only select 2 options. Jamaica and 2nd floor are the only 2 options, of the requests you mentioned, that will be available. The more requests you make, the harder it will be for them to be granted. I would prioritize your requests and then call the Main Reservations line and have them added to your reservation in the order of preference.

Thanks, I figured I would need to call. Going to have to request away from smoking area if possible, or it will be a long week. Then close to the other room.
Rest would be nice but no biggie.

Appreciate the info!

we are booked from the 22-30 but we won't actually arrive until early in the morning of the 23rd. I put "after midnight" as our check in time but should I call the resort direct and if so does anyone have the number? I did let the cast member know both when I booked it and again when I updated my flight info for magical express. My luggage tags arrived today though and they have our correct flight number and time but they have 22 as the flight date (which I'm assuming defaults to the booking date so probably can't be changed)

we are booked from the 22-30 but we won't actually arrive until early in the morning of the 23rd. I put "after midnight" as our check in time but should I call the resort direct and if so does anyone have the number?

There is no way to call the resort directly. As long as you have put after midnight as your arrival time you are good. The system rolls over at 6AM so it is not considered the next day as far as your reservation goes until then.

I did let the cast member know both when I booked it and again when I updated my flight info for magical express. My luggage tags arrived today though and they have our correct flight number and time but they have 22 as the flight date (which I'm assuming defaults to the booking date so probably can't be changed)

Because your reservation technically is for the 22nd your ME documentation will show that as well.

Doing the 60 day dance, whoo hoo! Did my FP+ last night, got everything I wanted, most within 5 minutes of when I wanted it. With the help from this board it was easy peasy.
Checked in online as well, got the streamlined check in message. So we will be stopping at Customs house to finish check in. Was thinking about stopping there anyway to get buttons if possible (1st trip for family going with us, anniversary for hubby and I , and 3 weeks until DS bday).
I thought I read somewhere that they sometimes give the kids plastic swords or eye patches or something. Do they still do that? (or did I dream that up - I am running on 4 hours of sleep this morning thanks to FP+)

Doing the 60 day dance, whoo hoo! Did my FP+ last night, got everything I wanted, most within 5 minutes of when I wanted it. With the help from this board it was easy peasy.
Checked in online as well, got the streamlined check in message. So we will be stopping at Customs house to finish check in. Was thinking about stopping there anyway to get buttons if possible (1st trip for family going with us, anniversary for hubby and I , and 3 weeks until DS bday).
I thought I read somewhere that they sometimes give the kids plastic swords or eye patches or something. Do they still do that? (or did I dream that up - I am running on 4 hours of sleep this morning thanks to FP+)

We were there in October and they gave kids the plastic sword and eye patch!

There is no way to call the resort directly. As long as you have put after midnight as your arrival time you are good. The system rolls over at 6AM so it is not considered the next day as far as your reservation goes until then.

Because your reservation technically is for the 22nd your ME documentation will show that as well.

We will arrive after 6 - probably closer to 8. I was originally arriving on the 22 but got a much better price on the red eye flight. I decided to keep the reservation as is so we would have a room as soon as we got there (it's my daughters birthday and I didn't want to wait around for a room but wanted to be able to shower and freshen up before hitting the parks as we'll be up most of the night). I'm sure it will be fine but I'm having visions of arriving and then hearing "oh sorry we gave your room away and now we are full!"

YAY! We will be there on 1/21. We are all so excited. I really appreciate all of the reviews and report backs on CBR.

My question is: Does anyone have experience going from CBR the the ESPN WWOS? My DD will be competing there on Sat and we will need to be there around 10:45. CBR is one of the host hotels so there is suppose to be transportation from CBR to ESPN WWOS. Do the buses run frequently throughout the day? How long is the ride from CBR to ESPN WWOS? Do the buses pick up at the individual countries or just the main area?

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you…

Kimberly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter