Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

With the way that Old Port Royale is set up, they could possibly block off the majority of the building and set up a temporary area for the buffet. I know that they did something similar when they were redoing the food court at All Star Sports.
They are already building the temporary set up - it's behind the splash pad/Pirate ship area in the parking lot.

Do they supply pool towels or is that something we need to pack ourselves?

As dansdad said, there are towels at the main pool but you'll need to bring towels from your room to the quiet pools. If you need more towels in your room, call Mousekeeping from your room phone.

Morning All. Thanks for all the great info on the resort. 2 questions

1. 2 adults and a 3 year old, staying in standard room. We want to be close to main pool and decent bus situation. We really don't mind walking but DS will also be walking. He insists. I was just going to request a room close to main pool. Any input? Request a specific building? reading all the posts about buses makes me think I should add Jamaica (I know no guarantees) to the request....

2. booked during gc offer. Got the email for our May stay but did not get one for our November stay. Any suggestions/input there. I assumed would still get gc in November and it sounds like several people did for their December stays.

Morning All. Thanks for all the great info on the resort. 2 questions

1. 2 adults and a 3 year old, staying in standard room. We want to be close to main pool and decent bus situation. We really don't mind walking but DS will also be walking. He insists. I was just going to request a room close to main pool. Any input? Request a specific building? reading all the posts about buses makes me think I should add Jamaica (I know no guarantees) to the request....

2. booked during gc offer. Got the email for our May stay but did not get one for our November stay. Any suggestions/input there. I assumed would still get gc in November and it sounds like several people did for their December stays.

1. If you want to be guaranteed to be close, you would have to book preferred in Martinique or Trinidad North. HOWEVER, Jamaica and Aruba are just across the bridge at Caribbean Cay. There is a small playground there if little legs get tired. I believe it's only about a 3-5 minute walk at a brisk pace so maybe about 7-10 with a little one. The buses are really very subjective. I have never found them to be bad at all (we have stayed in Trinidad South, Barbados, and Aruba). There is a stop in each village that is very close to the buildings (across the parking lot). They can be a little crowded at times, especially coming from the parks in the evening. It's all about managing expectations.

2. I booked our May trip in October and booked the same dates for my parents in December/January (??) and have not received an email for either reservation. As long as you booked before the March 20 cut off, you will receive the cards for both stays.

I just changed my reservation to get the summer rate. But, I too, booked during the gift certificate offer. Are you saying I need to call or is the email I received with my original booking going to get me my gift certificates?
I called to change my reservation anyway (I couldn't change the dates online) and so I asked while on the phone. I've read that if your change is still under the original reservation number, the GCS should still be honored. But it couldn't hurt to call and ask and have it noted. As with all things Disney, there may be some confusion among CMS. :)

1. If you want to be guaranteed to be close, you would have to book preferred in Martinique or Trinidad North. HOWEVER, Jamaica and Aruba are just across the bridge at Caribbean Cay. There is a small playground there if little legs get tired. I believe it's only about a 3-5 minute walk at a brisk pace so maybe about 7-10 with a little one. The buses are really very subjective. I have never found them to be bad at all (we have stayed in Trinidad South, Barbados, and Aruba). There is a stop in each village that is very close to the buildings (across the parking lot). They can be a little crowded at times, especially coming from the parks in the evening. It's all about managing expectations.

2. I booked our May trip in October and booked the same dates for my parents in December/January (??) and have not received an email for either reservation. As long as you booked before the March 20 cut off, you will receive the cards for both stays.

Here is a little more information on the buses to help you decide on a room request:

The buses at the CBR take two different routes. If the buses arrive at the resort via the main entrance near The Custom House, the first stop would be Martinique, followed by Old Port Royale, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and, lastly, Barbados. If they arrive via the side entrance, Jamaica will be the first stop followed by Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, Old Port Royale, Trinidad North and, lastly, Trinidad South.

This is taken from the first page of the thread. There is also information there about which rooms are considered preferred vs. standard in Martinique and Trinidad North.

I think that a lot of folks are confused as Disney Travel seems to be much like the DMV (makes up their rules as they go along). Some were told that it wouldn't start until after the construction started and some have gotten emails similar to your's. I do know that one of my fellow agents had clients check in last week. They had been told they were getting the $25 a night gift card but when they arrived they were told no. After much to-do and getting supervisors involved, they were given the gift card.

I check in on the 19th through the 29th, and received both the $25 email and then the $75 email a couple days later (such said that it was.taking the place of the $25 offer). I am not sure if this info worries me more or gives me hope, lol. Maybe they will have dealt with it enough when I check in that there will not be any issues.

I check in on the 19th through the 29th, and received both the $25 email and then the $75 email a couple days later (such said that it was.taking the place of the $25 offer). I am not sure if this info worries me more or gives me hope, lol. Maybe they will have dealt with it enough when I check in that there will not be any issues.

We got both emails too, for our 21st to 30th stay. If they try to do a "take back" at check in, my position is going to be that I reasonably relied on their promises of compenation in making my vacation plans, including making ADRS at places we otherwise might not eat and planning our schedule around purchasing an extra ticket day and the "plus" water park options using the gift cards that were promised. It's not clear why it should be my fault that they can't get their messaging straight.

I think that a lot of folks are confused as Disney Travel seems to be much like the DMV (makes up their rules as they go along). Some were told that it wouldn't start until after the construction started and some have gotten emails similar to your's. I do know that one of my fellow agents had clients check in last week. They had been told they were getting the $25 a night gift card but when they arrived they were told no. After much to-do and getting supervisors involved, they were given the gift card.

This confuses me further. I check in 4/19 and check out 4/24. I have not received any emails about a gift card offer, however others who are staying the same time frame, but for the most part are checking out later then I am, have received the email. I'm very surprised someone who checked in last week received that same email???? Or were they told by the agent and/or CM after construction was announced?

Last edited:
We got both emails too, for our 21st to 30th stay. If they try to do a "take back" at check in, my position is going to be that I reasonably relied on their promises of compenation in making my vacation plans, including making ADRS at places we otherwise might not eat and planning our schedule around purchasing an extra ticket day and the "plus" water park options using the gift cards that were promised. It's not clear why it should be my fault that they can't get their messaging straight.

I feel the same, and will go armed with my emails. I will try to check back to this thread and let you know how it goes at resort check in.

I hope you folks staying at CBR in the next few weeks can keep us posted on the extent of construction and the Centertown situation. Disney CMs weren't able to provide any information on the dining options beyond what's already been provided online. I booked a standard view room at the regular rate for mid May, after the gift card deal ended, and I'm a little worried. CBR is our favorite resort and we don't like staying elsewhere, but yikes - breakfast in a tent in the parking lot? I hope it'll be nicer than it sounds. Maybe if I had gotten in on the gift card deal or if the 25% spring deal applied to the standard rooms I wouldn't be sweating it.

Also staying here 25-30 and got both emails. I am armed to say the same thing. No where in either email says that they have the right to take it back. It would be bad business to do that regardless (not that it would keep me from coming back). Hope it's not an issue, I hate making any kind of stink. But $400 is a huge chunk of change I'm banking on.

Also staying here 25-30 and got both emails. I am armed to say the same thing. No where in either email says that they have the right to take it back. It would be bad business to do that regardless (not that it would keep me from coming back). Hope it's not an issue, I hate making any kind of stink. But $400 is a huge chunk of change I'm banking on.

We are also staying 4/22-4/29 and received both emails. I'm hoping for a smooth check-in process which includes our promised $525 gift card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter