Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

where does the ME drop off people when coming from the airport? is it the custom house and is that also where pick up is to go back to the airport?

Yes for both. You will get dropped off at Custom House (so even if you did online check-in and already have your room number and magic band setup, ME will still drop you there) and you leave from there as well. When you arrive, if you have everything pre-setup and already have your room number, then you can go right on the internal shuttle. But if you have little ones, stop at the front desk and get them a sword/eye patch or wand.

where does the ME drop off people when coming from the airport? is it the custom house and is that also where pick up is to go back to the airport?

All Magical Express drop offs and pick ups are at the Custom House. Note that luggage isn't an issue when you arrive, but it is an issue when you depart. You're responsible for getting it there, or calling bell services (You can't transport it on the bus, FYI. ). That's where the sheer size of the resort gets you. I'm a DIYer, so it bugged me yesterday when we checked out that we were far enough away that we had to call bell services to take it to Custom House before we left for our breakfast reservation.

Closest bus stop to the Custom House is Barbados, in case you need to use it.

what is your favorite preferred room/location and why? Never been to this location and we'd really love for it to be an awesome spot. Not so much for the restaurant since we always eat at the parks/restaurants near by but maybe closest to the bus stop/pool? thanks for the guidance and help!
We ended up in Jamaica our last CBR visit. It wasn't our first choice but we thought the location was good - a short walk to the bus stop and we had to walk over the bridge to get to the pool and QS restaurant. There was a quiet pool right near by ( think there is one at each section) . So even though it was not our first choice it worked out for us. I think no matter where you stay there -you have to know that there will be a little walking to get to the main pool or restaurant. we didn't mind the walk as the resort is beautiful and you do feel as though you could be in the Caribbean.

My mom wants to know about the coffee makers in the rooms. Does she need to bring her own coffee? she's used to drinking instant at home. Is there a mug or a paper cup included? she's the only one who drinks coffee. Thanks :)

My mom wants to know about the coffee makers in the rooms. Does she need to bring her own coffee? she's used to drinking instant at home.

No, she doesn't need to bring any. When you first get in the room there will be enough coffee and fixings for 2 cups. Housekeeping will replace them every day. For my wife and I 2 cups is not enough so as soon as we get in our room I call housekeeping and ask them to bring extras for our first morning and ask for extra every day. We've never needed more once I do that.

Is there a mug or a paper cup included? she's the only one who drinks coffee. Thanks :)

There are 2 cups and lids that will get replaced every day.

No, she doesn't need to bring any. When you first get in the room there will be enough coffee and fixings for 2 cups. Housekeeping will replace them every day. For my wife and I 2 cups is not enough so as soon as we get in our room I call housekeeping and ask them to bring extras for our first morning and ask for extra every day. We've never needed more once I do that.

Awesome. Thank you!! I will let her know :)

I always leave a bigger tip on Day #1 and leave a note saying "Would it be possible to leave a some extra coffee?". You wouldn't believe how much coffee they'll leave me for that little bit of an extra tip. Great service at CBR in all aspects really.

How long does it take, on average, to get from CBR to MK? How about from CBR to Epcot?

We hope to be at MK at 7 am during the holidays for the EMH. I'm wondering how early we need to leave to be there on time.

How long does it take, on average, to get from CBR to MK? How about from CBR to Epcot?

We hope to be at MK at 7 am during the holidays for the EMH. I'm wondering how early we need to leave to be there on time.

It depends on which bus stop you originate from. I would count on 30-35 minutes from the loading at the first stop to the MK bus stop, and 20-25 from the first stop to Epcot. I would budget more time than that though to account for any wheelchair loading or delayed/full buses.

Jamaica is the first stop, so if you're close to that, I would go to that stop to ensure a seat for a MK EMH ride. It will account for the longest ride time though.

Last edited:
Just stayed at CBR for the first time for 2 nights then on to CSR business level for 1 night. Disclosure: I got son's Cast member discount on both rooms and I am a DVC member used to the villas. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by CBR. Disney lists the more hard to sell rooms for the discount, so we got a pirate corner room. The room was spotless, looked liked it was refurbed within the past year or so, and we loved the decor. It was only DS and myself staying, so I think it would be close quarters for a family of 4 unless the kids are small. The resort, while big, is beautiful. The food court was great. Every cast member we came across were so friendly and helpful. Did not know we could see the fireworks from EPCOT, so that was a nice surprise! No problem with the buses. Cons: The walls were paper thin. We had neighbors that came in late and were noisy. Heard every word they said. We had a corner room, so not sure if that had anything to do it. Also, we were very close to the South Trinidad bus stop. We heard the buses, but that really wasn't a problem, but at one time there seemed to be a lot of people going by the room. By comparison, CSR's business level room was old and tired and the bathroom tile was not the greatest. There was a little more room in the toilet/shower area. The food has always been not the greatest. The cast members did not stand out except for one amazing woman named Didi who worked with bell services and went out of her way for me in a matter that was entirely my fault. CSR, at least where our room was, was a lot quieter. In summary, I would definitely choose CBR over CSR except I would change the location of the room. I was really pleasantly surprised by how much I liked CBR.

For those who recently visited CBR, do you know if they have gotten the mugs with handles back? I read somewhere that they were bringing them back but wasn't sure when. We will be at CBR this coming Friday!

It's never taken us over 20-25 minutes max to MK, and no more than 15 to Epcot, even if we were the first stop/pickup.

Input on room request for a family of 5, booking a standard room. We want quiet and as close to the dining/pool area as possible. TIA!

Alright experts- I'm needing to send in my requests for our room. We have a family of 5, so 2 queens and a murphey bed for us. This is our first time at CBR.
We have a Water View Room reserved. We would like to be close to a bus stop and Old Port Royale.
We have 2 kiddos with asthma, so I need to avoid the "smoking areas" if possible. What would you recommend? I'm thinking Martinique on the second floor somewhere? TIA!

If I ship a box to CBR via the post office will they deliver to our room upon check in and is the address to ship to CBR in this posting somewhere? thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter