Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

This makes me happy! Especially if we have a room that's not so convenient. On the way back into the hotel from the park, we can just stop to get what we need and then drive around to where we need to park. OMG 44 days. SOOO excited :)

This makes me happy! Especially if we have a room that's not so convenient. On the way back into the hotel from the park, we can just stop to get what we need and then drive around to where we need to park. OMG 44 days. SOOO excited :)
We were in a pirate room and always drove to the main pool or OPR. Enjoy your stay!!!

Just got back from a wonderful 8 night stay at CBR! I would like to thank you all, especially @dansdad for the extremely helpful information in this thread. Although I am a Disney veteran, I was a CBR virgin :) My stay there was so much better because of the info I got from here. Thank YOU!!

Overall, we LOVED the resort. It is so beautiful and peaceful. We were in a preferred room, Martinique 2432 (no murphy bed, adjoins with 2431). The location was great. 30 second walk to the Martinique bus stop. 3-4 minutes to OPR. The room itself was nice, what I would consider a typical hotel room. We loved the sliding doors to the bathroom area. The room did have a very musty smell though :( We noticed it mostly upon entering the room each time, then it would sort of go away. It was pretty bad, not bad enough to switch rooms or complain about it.

The buses were GREAT! Only once did we wait more than 5 minutes and that was coming home from Epcot one night (we waited 12 minutes). Rarely were the buses crowded. We only stood once coming home from MK after MVMCP.

We loved the pool and food court area as well. Really no complaints aside from the musty smell. I would definitely stay at CBR again and can't wait to go back!

When Disney runs discounts, are all CBR room categories available or just some of them? TIA. I currently have a reservation at AoA Little Mermaid room for the end of April, and if a discount comes out for our stay, I am thinking of switching to CBR. My daughter really wants a pool with a slide :)
Discounts are available for the category of room that they have left/need to fill. I have always been able to get the King Bedrooms with no problems, but there are times when some are filled and you will not get what you most want perhaps. But I have seen discounts for each category of room at one time or another.

Hope this helps.

So unless I missed it, or maybe I've forgotten since I'm doing so much research.
Tell me about the best place at the hotel to see the fireworks from Epcot. :)

So unless I missed it, or maybe I've forgotten since I'm doing so much research.
Tell me about the best place at the hotel to see the fireworks from Epcot. :)

Not sure if it's the best, but we watched them from the bridge on the OPR side.

Hi, we have 2 PPO breakfast reservations, both at MK and at 8 AM.
I think there's transportation available despite the fact the website says the buses run 1 hour before the park opening.

When should I be at the bus stop by in order to be at MK at 8? (MK opens at 9 and one of the days, they have special morning ticketed event)
Will the bus be crowded?

Thanks!

Just had a look at my countdown calendar, 45 days! The last few months have gone by so fast, probably due to an unseasonably warm November for us way out here in western Canada. Now I'm getting excited! :cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

I am in Canada too! in Ontario though! and we're going in like.. 20-something days! So exciting!!

I'm in Ontario too, and we go in 24 days. I'm ridiculously excited. We just bought my daughter's luggage for the trip last night.

I have a question about the magic bands. We are staying at CBR Jan 2-5. We have magic bands from a stay in 2014, in My Disney Experience it says they are active. Everything else is linked to My Disney Experience (resort, fast passes, dinner reservations). Do I have to do anything with the magic bands? Since they are active will they be automatically linked to this trip?

Another question I just thought of, when I tried to add my flight info for the Magical Express to CBR yesterday it said it couldn't process that request right now and deleted all the info. Anyone know why that would be? It is on the reservation, but without any flight info. We are only doing Airport to hotel, then renting a car and driving to Tampa on Thurs, would that make a difference?

I guess neither of those are CBR specific, but you all seem to be a wealth of info and super helpful. All the info in this board is fantastic!

We've never stayed at CBR and from the sound of it, I'm really glad we booked it!

I have a question about the magic bands. We are staying at CBR Jan 2-5. We have magic bands from a stay in 2014, in My Disney Experience it says they are active. Everything else is linked to My Disney Experience (resort, fast passes, dinner reservations). Do I have to do anything with the magic bands? Since they are active will they be automatically linked to this trip?

You should be fine. As long as they are still active they should work for any touch type of use. Long range for ride photos and such, maybe, maybe not. If you can see them and they are active you shouldn't need to do anything.

I'd suggest calling DME to give them your information.

Hi, we have 2 PPO breakfast reservations, both at MK and at 8 AM.
I think there's transportation available despite the fact the website says the buses run 1 hour before the park opening.

When should I be at the bus stop by in order to be at MK at 8? (MK opens at 9 and one of the days, they have special morning ticketed event)
Will the bus be crowded?

Thanks!

Buses start rolling at 6:30AM every day for Pre Park Opening ADRs. We have never been late for a PPO ADR if we are at the bus stop 60 minutes before the ADR.

You should be fine. As long as they are still active they should work for any touch type of use. Long range for ride photos and such, maybe, maybe not. If you can see them and they are active you shouldn't need to do anything.

I'd suggest calling DME to give them your information.

Thank you!

Regarding the room refurb conversation a month ago... We are currently sitting outside the Custom House waiting for Magical Express and we saw a Simmons Beauty Sleep truck come in and leave about 45 minutes later. Looks like a mattress delivery?

what is your favorite preferred room/location and why? Never been to this location and we'd really love for it to be an awesome spot. Not so much for the restaurant since we always eat at the parks/restaurants near by but maybe closest to the bus stop/pool? thanks for the guidance and help!

Buses start rolling at 6:30AM every day for Pre Park Opening ADRs. We have never been late for a PPO ADR if we are at the bus stop 60 minutes before the ADR.

Thank you. I will make sure that I will be there 60 mins before!

where does the ME drop off people when coming from the airport? is it the custom house and is that also where pick up is to go back to the airport?

I will be taking my grandson to Disney in May. I have been working on this trip for quite a while. We have reservations at POR but I am now 99.999% sure I will be changing those to CBR.
My daughter is finally giving me some input. I am a planner and she flies by the seat of her pants.
She believes my grandson (and all of us) will be happier at CBR. Thanks for all of the information that I have found on this board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter