Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

My understanding is that there is an internal shuttle that will take you and your luggage to your building.
A preferred room will get you into one of the 6 buildings (Trinidad North or Martinique building 24, 25 or 26) and closest to OPR (main pool and dining). If you are wanting to be closer to the quiet pool in a preferred area, you would want to request building 24 in Martinique or building 33 in Trinidad North. I would make these my requests:
  • Building 24 Martinique or building 33 Jamaica
  • closest to the quiet pool.
Here is a copy of the map that is shown on the first post that may help you get a visual:
cbr-1-1200x927-jpg.133235

Hope this helps

Thanks I will request building 24 Martinique. I never get my requests met and I never ask for anything I didn't pay for but I try every trip anyway!!!!!

There are no rooms categorized as Preferred King. Rooms are either Preferred or King. With a King room booked you could be in any building except Trinidad South where the Pirate Themed Rooms are.

So if you would like to be closest to the Main Feature Pool and OPR, you will need to request Trinidad North, Martinique 24, 25 or 26.

You are correct! My bad! I had a preferred room booked, but then switched to the king room.

Does everyone in our party need to go to the Customs House the morning of check-out to check our luggage and get our boarding passes? Or could just one or two of us go and take all the luggage? And, it's my understanding I can call bell services the night before check-out for a pickup time and they will take us to the Customs House? What do they use to pick you up? Just wondering if it's like a golf cart or maybe a van. There are 4 adults in our party with probably 2 bags apiece.

Does everyone in our party need to go to the Customs House the morning of check-out to check our luggage and get our boarding passes? Or could just one or two of us go and take all the luggage? And, it's my understanding I can call bell services the night before check-out for a pickup time and they will take us to the Customs House? What do they use to pick you up? Just wondering if it's like a golf cart or maybe a van. There are 4 adults in our party with probably 2 bags apiece.

Not everyone has to go. They pick you up in a van.

Just checked in. Mugs are still handle-less (4 colors - red, blue, green, purple). Got a room in Jamaica building 41 about as far as you can be from OPR. Not thrilled with location, but not far from bus stop at least. Hopefully the weather isn't too bad the next few days.

Not everyone has to go. They pick you up in a van.
Are you 100% sure? I'm not disputing your word, just hoping for clarification.
I have been told by several people that EVERYONE has to be present with their ID to get them taken care of at airline check in. Think of it as you are doing check in at the airport only you are doing it at the resort.

I have been told by several people that EVERYONE has to be present with their ID to get them taken care of at airline check in. Think of it as you are doing check in at the airport only you are doing it at the resort.
We actually did our check in for SWA @ GF the morning of our departure. (We were staying at CBR). Whole family was not with us, and I asked at the concierge desk if we could do check in there even though we weren't staying there. So, not only did we do it from another resort, we also did not have entire party of 4 with us.

I'm 100% sure. I went to the airline check-in with all my family's luggage while my wife and daughter stayed back at the room. Bell services picked me up in a van and drove all luggage to Custom House. Check-in kiosk checked my ID and boarding pass and took our luggage.

EDIT...this is under the assumption your boarding passes are delivered to your room on the day of departure like they were for us. In the event they are not, I would guess that all members of the party would have to be present at check-in to get boarding passes.

Last edited:
Just checked in. Mugs are still handle-less (4 colors - red, blue, green, purple). Got a room in Jamaica building 41 about as far as you can be from OPR. Not thrilled with location, but not far from bus stop at least. Hopefully the weather isn't too bad the next few days.
would you mind sharing your room # and whether or not there is a murphy bed?

We actually did our check in for SWA @ GF the morning of our departure. (We were staying at CBR). Whole family was not with us, and I asked at the concierge desk if we could do check in there even though we weren't staying there. So, not only did we do it from another resort, we also did not have entire party of 4 with us.

I'm 100% sure. I went to the airline check-in with all my family's luggage while my wife and daughter stayed back at the room. Bell services picked me up in a van and drove all luggage to Custom House. Check-in kiosk checked my ID and boarding pass and took our luggage.

EDIT...this is under the assumption your boarding passes are delivered to your room on the day of departure like they were for us. In the event they are not, I would guess that all members of the party would have to be present at check-in to get boarding passes.

:yay: Great! thank you! We have an 8am CRT ressie and my mom is 82. I wasn't quite sure how we were going to get everyone up, ready and to custom house in time to get everything checked in + get to our ressie on time. (not great planning on my part :faint: ) but this helps sooo much knowing that just a couple of us can go check our luggage and get that out of the way while the others are getting ready.

Last edited:
We checked in today. Can anyone tell me if there's a trick to keeping the fridge cold? Our top shelf is not getting cold at all. For now we have a ziplock bag of ice to keep that shelf cold. But wondered if there was something else we should be doing. I believe the dial is turned up to 6 the highest it can go

We checked in today. Can anyone tell me if there's a trick to keeping the fridge cold? Our top shelf is not getting cold at all. For now we have a ziplock bag of ice to keep that shelf cold. But wondered if there was something else we should be doing. I believe the dial is turned up to 6 the highest it can go

Leave the cabinet door open. Without sufficient airflow, the fridge will not cool down properly. If after leaving it open all night there is no improvement, you have a defective fridge then call maintenance. They will bring you another one.

Unless something has changed, luggage is not allowed on the internal shuttle. However, Bell services can take you and your luggage.

Really?! We took our luggage on it last year. I didn't know it wasn't allowed and no one said anything to us when we got on the bus with out luggage.

Really?! We took our luggage on it last year. I didn't know it wasn't allowed and no one said anything to us when we got on the bus with out luggage.

Officially, luggage is not allowed on the bus. However, as you found out it is driver dependent.

Last year we called front desk I needed a freezer to ice my foot each night, they brought a brand new fridge when we were at park, that did not have freezer, when we called again they said they did not have freezers in them anymore. We stayed in Barbados 13?? each night we would get off bus and walk to CH to get frozen bottle of ice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter