Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Map quest tells us 19h and 45min. We travel over two days so plan to leave about midnight the 26th, drive until 7pm and stop for a hotel. Hopefully if traffic is reasonable we will arrive the 27th just after lunch. That though is why hubby likes to park the van when we arrive and not see it again until we repeat for the return home.

It's takes us about that long traveling from Central New Jersey.

We check in on Aug 24th. We got park hoppers tickets. I have two concerns. 1) the first night we could not get preferred room so have standard room. Will we have our tickets that days since majority of package is for second day when we book 5 nights in preferred room. I am assuming the passes just get put on our wristbands for first day? I ask because when we booked the 25th to 30 was main package where we choose park hopper tickets etc and ddp. I realize ddp not on 24th but hope the park tickets are.
I have a 14 yo boy and 16 yo girl and we really are hoping for pull down. Does that request get filled often? When I booked I had assumed all preferred rooms have this but realize now we may not.
Thanks for this great thread.

Great! any other amenities I should know about, lol
we are thinking of ordering some food before we get there to room, I never done this before and will mostly get breakfast food, would love a toaster but I would guess no, we are in pirate rooms so will be far from dining food etc for quick morning run to use toaster there,
maybe we will buy a cheap one and bring with.

We have breakfast at chef Mickeys at 7:10 am on 9/27 it's not an early day park opens at 9am do you think we will have to take a taxis over to the contemporary?

and only 3 hours longer than our drive from Austin. I love the drive when traveling...the trip home can be a bit of a downer, but otherwise I prefer it to flying
Lol I'm the same. Our trip two years ago I was amazed how well the kids did for the drive (3,5,11 at the time) I hope that this one will go as smoothly or my opinion will change.

I never done this before and will mostly get breakfast food, would love a toaster but I would guess no.
No toaster, I'm planning to take hubby's bagel down to toast in the morning when I grab coffees. My kids don't care if its toasted or not.

On our last trip we bought a cheap $8 toaster from Walmart and used it each morning as the walk to use the resorts was too far. Worked out great. As we were flying home we left the toaster in the room. Most likely mouse services just tossed it or kept it for themselves.

Food court continued:

Items available on the long counter near the drink station in the food court:

One of the microwaves available to guests. Also on the long counter near the drink station in the food court:

One of several mustard, mayo, ketchup dispensers on the long counter near the drink station in the food court:

Toasters and another condiment dispenser on the long counter near the drink station in the food court. At the very end of the counter just past the dispenser is a mug wash sink/station.

Can you tell me, is that peanut butter on the counter with the jelly??

We're booked CBR Preferred room Sept. 24th through 30th with Free Dining. The menu at Shutters looks pretty good. Is it worth it to stay in and eat at the resort one night?

We're booked CBR Preferred room Sept. 24th through 30th with Free Dining. The menu at Shutters looks pretty good. Is it worth it to stay in and eat at the resort one night?

Definitely! If you would have asked that question 3-4 years ago I would have said no way. Ever since getting a new head chef, it has turned into one of our favorites and a hidden gem.

Definitely! If you would have asked that question 3-4 years ago I would have said no way. Ever since getting a new head chef, it has turned into one of our favorites and a hidden gem.

I totally agree! The steak that I had there last Nov was very close to being as good as the one I had at Flying Fish.

Having come back from 2 weeks at this fantastic resort, for UK visitors who were confused as me about which area to stay in and your 2 initial choices it comes down to this....

Do you want a 2 min walk to the bus stop there and back with a guarantee to be first pick up and always get a seat...

Coupled with a five minute walk to grab a coffee in the morning in beautiful surroundings or grab your missus a hot chocolate before bed whilst watching fireworks....

If the first is your priority whilst loving the sound of the second then choose Martinque, 2nd floor. You will probably get block 21 but won't be disappointed.

We check in on Aug 24th. We got park hoppers tickets. I have two concerns. 1) the first night we could not get preferred room so have standard room. Will we have our tickets that days since majority of package is for second day when we book 5 nights in preferred room. I am assuming the passes just get put on our wristbands for first day? I ask because when we booked the 25th to 30 was main package where we choose park hopper tickets etc and ddp. I realize ddp not on 24th but hope the park tickets are.

You can activate the Tickets that are part of your package up to 10 days early. This can be done at any of the Guest Services locations. There is one outside each park and one at Disney Springs. You are correct, no Dining Credits until the 25th.

I have a 14 yo boy and 16 yo girl and we really are hoping for pull down. Does that request get filled often?

It's completely dependent on how many parties of 5 are there at the same time, how full the resort is and how many parties of less than 5 made the same request. Since we don't know any of those details, it's impossible to say. But if it's really important to you, I suggest you make that your only room request.

Thanks :) I'm 7 days out and no booklet, but I am in Canada so maybe they have it with our bands and other items at check in? We are driving as well, hubby hates looking at the van once we park, but for timing maybe I can convince him to drive over when we want to play.
I can understand why he would not want to see or drive again once he gets there, but I will say that Fantasia Gardens is less than 2 miles from the resort so about a 5 minute drive! Hope you guys have a safe trip and a wonderful time!

I can understand why he would not want to see or drive again once he gets there, but I will say that Fantasia Gardens is less than 2 miles from the resort so about a 5 minute drive! Hope you guys have a safe trip and a wonderful time!

Also, not sure how many people are in your party but there are 4 vouchers for golf, we have 5 people in our party. If there are more than 4 people in your party you'll have to pay for them. This seemed odd to me. We went to the Summerland/Winterland course years ago ... we had a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter