• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

There are a few DISsers who are at CBR right now and have reported that the Jamaica pool is now open. WDW is notoriously slow in updating the website. It took them over 6 months to update the pictures and descriptions of the rooms after the recent refurb.

So we are 100% sure the pool will be closed through summer ? I requested Jamaica for my next trip. If the quiet pool is not available, I think I'll ask for a different village.

So we are 100% sure the pool will be closed through summer ? I requested Jamaica for my next trip. If the quiet pool is not available, I think I'll ask for a different village.

No. We are 100% sure that the pool is open. They have 100% completed the work on the Jamaica pool.

Is Jamaica the only one that's been refurbed so far? We're going in July and want to make sure we aren't in a village with a closed quiet pool.

Aruba and Jamaica are done. They are currently working on Martinique. I know that Work in Barbados hasn't commenced yet as there were gusts in it yesterday. I didn't even notice if the two Trinidad pools have been redone yet

Aruba and Jamaica are done. They are currently working on Martinique. I know that Work in Barbados hasn't commenced yet as there were gusts in it yesterday. I didn't even notice if the two Trinidad pools have been redone yet

Thanks! That's really helpful!

We just got back from a 6 day/5 night trip and I was really looking forward to coming on here to give my reviews of CBR. Unfortunately, when I went to check in, I was informed they had overbooked preferred rooms during our stay and we had to move over to the Grand Floridian instead.

I can report that the Cast Member at the registration desk was extremely nice (and I think as excited about the upgrade as I was)!

We just got back from a 6 day/5 night trip and I was really looking forward to coming on here to give my reviews of CBR. Unfortunately, when I went to check in, I was informed they had overbooked preferred rooms during our stay and we had to move over to the Grand Floridian instead.

I can report that the Cast Member at the registration desk was extremely nice (and I think as excited about the upgrade as I was)!
Unfortunately you were upgraded to GF? Yeah, that's a tough break. Sorry. :-)

That's awesome!! Upgraded for sure!!!!!

I heard the pool in Trinidad north is done. We arrive today and find out!

Ummmmm this is absolutely AMAZING!!!! Congratulations on your upgrade!!!!!!!!!! Wow.... thats the biggest amount of Pixie Dust I've ever heard of!

It was pretty crazy. I'd love to say that it was my charming personality that led to the upgrade, but it was pretty clear that this had been decided prior to me trying to check in.

I'm guessing that since we were a party of 5 with a preferred room, they ran short on rooms in those 6 buildings that had the extra bed.

The big issue is going to staying at a moderate next time we go after staying on a monorail resort.

Ok so if times are exaggerated regarding the walk to OPR has anyone actually timed it? We usually stay at POP and I have timed the furthest point to food court there and it was 8 mins and people also exaggerate there. This is our first time at CBR and have requested Jamaica building 45/46 or Aruba building 51, however I know those are not guaranteed so if we get say Barbados which is furthest from OPR how long is the walk? I don't care about the walk just want to be prepared. :)

What a great surprise!!

Ok so if times are exaggerated regarding the walk to OPR has anyone actually timed it? We usually stay at POP and I have timed the furthest point to food court there and it was 8 mins and people also exaggerate there. This is our first time at CBR and have requested Jamaica building 45/46 or Aruba building 51, however I know those are not guaranteed so if we get say Barbados which is furthest from OPR how long is the walk? I don't care about the walk just want to be prepared. :)

It only took us 10 minutes from Trinidad South pirate rooms pushing a double stroller. It really wasn't as bad as I was led to believe.

It only took us 10 minutes from Trinidad South pirate rooms pushing a double stroller. It really wasn't as bad as I was led to believe.
We haven't stayed at CBR yet but we did stay at POR on our last visit. I was worried about that stay reading about the walk times. We ended up at one of the furthest buildings from the main building and really enjoyed the walk. I'm not so worried about it this time, even if CBR is bigger.

Trinidad North pool is done and was reopened when we were there at the end of April

We timed it and it took as the exact same time (10 minutes) with a double stroller as well. Where it can add times is if you have small children and they want to walk themselves. But even that only adds a few minutes. It was a very nice walk for me each morning to get coffee. By the time I filled DW and my refillable mugs, she was out of the shower and I could hop in and get ready. Perfect timing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter