Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Looking forward to our November CBR vacation!!!

Does anyone happen to know if there are toasters that we can use? As well, can we bring in outside food as we could in the past? Reason being, my kids will be 10 and 12 when we travel and aren't huge breakfast eaters. They won't eat their way through $14 worth of food.

Thanks for all the great photos and info regarding the new set up :thanks: We are first time CBR'S, and it feels like we won't be so lost when we get there!
We brought our own toaster we are not big breakfast eaters either.

Hi everyone! I thought that the refillable mugs included coffee but now I am confused. We are not on the dining plan, but usually buy mugs for the coffee. (with an occasional soda) Does the mugs still include coffee at CBR?

Hi everyone! I thought that the refillable mugs included coffee but now I am confused. We are not on the dining plan, but usually buy mugs for the coffee. (with an occasional soda) Does the mugs still include coffee at CBR?

Yup.

Just wondering if the Bar by the main pool is still open, and if anyone knows if the bar will stay open during the construction.

Thank you to everyone for the great information in this thread. DGF and I were booked to stay at AoA in October since we had concerns about the construction at CBR, but after reading everything here and on the AoA thread we've changed on reservation to CBR! We're both looking forward to staying here, it'll be DGF's first time staying on property. Hopefully the temporary bar is good, if not that's an excuse to head to Trader Sam's!

Just wondering if the Bar by the main pool is still open, and if anyone knows if the bar will stay open during the construction.
Yes,Banana Cabana is still open,but could close at any time now.

Tables and chairs are now in place on the little Beach across from the "trailer" that will house the new Bar.

The temporary Bar will be just to the right of Centertown Buffet and it "appears"(from looking through the "Rollin Shrubs") that Guests will walk up a few steps to the 2 "windows" of the "trailer" to place their order and then walk across the sidewalk to the beach and sit at one of the tables now in place there.

I would think the Bands would then move from the Pool area to this beach area.

We had our third different Band in 3 days yesterday.

It was a 3 person Band featuring a female singer-very good group.:)

Just wanted to say thank you for taking time during your stay to update us on all the changes.

It really helps to understand what our stay may look like in a couple of months.

Hope you are having a great time at WDW & CBR!

Yes, thank you for the reports! We will be at CBR in September for the first time. Every time I read the reports I get more excited and can better visualize how awesome it will be (even with the construction). lol

Can anyone give me an idea of what I should request as far as room. We have 5 in our family. Kids are older 10-14. So walking really isn't an issue for us. We are staying 4 days going to the parks 3 days and have 1 day at the resort. So I don't necessarily need to be close to the pool. Maybe better to be by a bus stop? We just have a standard room. Is there a better building to be in so there aren't a bunch of bus stops. Just curious. TIA!!

Can anyone give me an idea of what I should request as far as room. We have 5 in our family. Kids are older 10-14. So walking really isn't an issue for us. We are staying 4 days going to the parks 3 days and have 1 day at the resort. So I don't necessarily need to be close to the pool. Maybe better to be by a bus stop? We just have a standard room. Is there a better building to be in so there aren't a bunch of bus stops. Just curious. TIA!!

You will be in either Aruba or Jamaica with a Standard room for 5 people. And you're more likely to be closer to bus stops because a lot of standard rooms face the parking lot.

Loving all the updates on the resort etc - thanks everyone

Could anyone comment on the buses?
Think most of the issues with resort work (in our case anyway) can be mitigated if known about in advance but with no car for our Disney week we are worried at what effect the resort construction will have on the bus system

Hi all, It has been a long time since I have been on these boards, and have not made a trip to the world in about 8 years, and my girlfriends last trip, only the Magic Kingdom existed. So much has changed. My Girlfriend and I decided on a last minute surprise trip for her 5 and 6-year-old, Made reservations last week, and we are now 36 days away lol. So much to read and catch up on. Right now we are staying in a Pirate Standard room. I am used to staying in Jamaica at CBR, so this will be totally different lol. Anything outside of the refurb stuff going on I should be aware of?

My family and I don't usually eat big breakfasts. We simply have yogurt and fruit or cereal. Will that type of food be available via a food truck or a grab and go station? Will we be permitted to take that food into the tent to consume or are we supposed to eat outdoors or in our room? In other words, are we allowed in to the tent without purchasing a larger meal? Thank you!

Same here... my question is can I just get a fruit/yogurt without getting the whole breakfast buffet? Just a thought: Can I get a plate of food at the buffet and take it back to my room? Anyone there now - please ask for me! TIA!!!!!

Last edited:
We had the "regular personal sized" individual pizzas at PizzeRizzo in HS, as well as Catalina Eddies on Sunset Blvd. also in HS, this past February.
we did too and they were tasty! (mine was Gluten Free as still not bad. Disney is getting very good about GF pizza - except Pizzafari...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter