Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Has anyone got the 75 dollar gift card yet? How does it work? When do you get it? Do you get 1 per day or 1 gift card with your total on it? Can you use it anywhere?

First world problem alert--I wish TS had at least one more freestyle coke machine. We only have two between six sections--34 and 38. Seems like 36 would have one, maybe in the future. Also, I haven't seen the food truck in TS :confused3 does anyone know where it is in this area?

Before "retreating":) to one of the Leisure Pools,I would give the main Pool a try-the Activities Program is not all day(early AM is a good time to go if you are having a "resort day"-Pool "should" open at 9:00 AM in August) and positioning yourself on the OPPOSITE side of the Pool from the "activities" will help.

I would at least go and let the kids enjoy the slides for a while!:)

Do you happen to know the fee for the arts and craft activities at the pool?

Also, I haven't seen the food truck in TS :confused3 does anyone know where it is in this area?
When we were there a few weeks ago it was across from the "Laundry ".

Maybe it is only coming certain days now or something.:)

36472986145_db5b259c22_h.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, lots have. Been lots of reports in the thread about it.
One card with the total amount given when you arrive and good anywhere a Disney gift card is good
We checked in online and at the Custom House, when everything was situated, the CM asked was there anything else we needed--I said 'yes, the gift card.' He went and got it--one card in an envelope. We didn't get the cooler with snacks, however. I actually forgot about the cooler, till Dsis mentioned it yesterday.

Okay guys, when you're at the resort, do not under any circumstances, pick up a spiny green caterpillar. I saw one on the sidewalk near the bus stop yesterday. Fearing it would be stepped on (it was kinda cute), I stupidly picked it up and moved it to the bushes. I felt a little prickle on my fingers, and soon they were burning like a son of a gun :rolleyes1 it released some kind of venom or something, and it hurt for at least a half hour. Many of you may be aware of these little stinkers, but I was not and I learned my lesson. I understood he was just defending himself. One of my favorite sayings--No good deed goes unpunished :stir: One more thing, always look down when you're walking on the sidewalks here--there's lizards scurrying back and forth constantly. I've seen several that got under someone's foot and well... you get the point :(

Last edited:
Okay guys, when you're at the resort, do not under any circumstances, pick up a spiny green caterpillar. I saw one on the sidewalk near the bus stop yesterday. Fearing it would be stepped on (it was kinda cute), I stupidly picked it up and moved it to the bushes. I felt a little prickle on my fingers, and soon they were burning like a son of a gun :rolleyes1 it released some kind of venom or something, and it hurt for at least a half hour. Many of you may be aware of these little stinkers, but I was not and I learned my lesson. I understood he was just defending himself. One of my favorite sayings--No good deed goes unpunished :stir: One more thing, always look down when you're walking on the sidewalks here--there's lizards scurrying back and forth constantly. I've seen several that got under someone's foot and well... you get the point :(
Yep, I'm a southerner and well aware of them. They are evil little things. Look so innocent and aren't. Actually, we have a lot of those types of critters around here.
They have a name and it's escaped me at the moment. It's just >< right there on the tip of my tongue dang it, and I can't get it out. Man, it sucks getting old! It will come to me eventually and I'll come back and update.

The lizards are so cute and yes, they do get squished. They run out and warm on the sidewalks and don't always run back fast enough. I remember last year there were so many at times it looked like the sidewalk was moving

Yep, I'm a southerner and well aware of them. They are evil little things. Look so innocent and aren't. Actually, we have a lot of those types of critters around here.
They have a name and it's escaped me at the moment. It's just >< right there on the tip of my tongue dang it, and I can't get it out. Man, it sucks getting old! It will come to me eventually and I'll come back and update.

The lizards are so cute and yes, they do get squished. They run out and warm on the sidewalks and don't always run back fast enough. I remember last year there were so many at times it looked like the sidewalk was moving
lo moth caterpillar?

Anyone have any knowledge about the gift cards in 2018? We have a current reservation for September (made before the gift card cut-off, and we do have the email that we will be receiving the gift cards). If we needed to MODIFY our dates to May 2018, would we still carry over the gift cards? I asked a CM who helpfully said that when I got there if there was still construction going on, maybe I could ask then. So does anyone here have any info or experience on that?

Hi Everyone! I just checked out of CBR yesterday and thought this might be a good place to share my experience. Almost everything was good, despite the fact that half the resort looked to have been a victim of a nuclear detonation. I mean, I KNEW there would be construction, but WOW! It's a LOT!!!

Good Things:
  • The front desk cast is wonderful. I was greeted by Carlos, and he was engaging and pleasant. I arrived before noon, and my room was ready. In fact, I received a small bump to a water-view room, which I really enjoyed. I had done online check-in, but stopped at the desk on the off chance the room would be ready early, and it was such a pleasant surprise that it was.
  • I attempted to walk to my room after check-in, not realizing this is not something you can do now (see "not-so-good things" below!). I pretty quickly realized I had made a mistake after almost getting hit by several cars and a bus as I walked on the edge of the road looking for a sidewalk. Just as I was ready to turn back, a very friendly activities cast member (I didn't catch her name, sadly) pulled up in a golf cart and asked me if I needed a lift. She drove me directly to my door, chatting amiably the whole way and giving me tips on the resort. She refused to take a gratuity.
  • My room was spotlessly clean, as were the non-construction areas of the resort.
  • On the table in my room was a nice note explaining the construction, along with a gift of two pins.
  • People are very eager to help you navigate the resort.
  • In the immediate vicinity of the resort rooms, everything looks like it should: tropical greenery, pretty buildings, winding pathways.
  • Looking at the giant, gaping hole in the resort where they are working, I got super-excited for all the neat things to come, including the gondolas and the new DVC resort! It's going to be AWESOME.
  • You can really tell that everyone is bending over backwards to give people as good of an experience as possible.
Not-so-good Things:
  • You can't walk to the Custom House.
  • You can't get a park bus from the Custom House.
  • You can't walk from check-in to your room and vice versa.
  • Leave LOTS of extra time on your check-out day if you are using Magical Express. I was only coming from Epcot, so I budgeted an hour and fifteen minutes from the park. I found out this was not enough! I made my bus just by the skin of my teeth, as did another family. That family had called the desk to relay our distress, and a manager was waiting for us when we got off the internal bus to make sure we were OK. (Put that up in the "good things" section!) Anyway, I left Epcot with what I thought was enough time, but what I did not count on was the l-o-n-g wait for an internal shuttle. We got off the bus at the first stop within the resort to wait for the internal shuttle to take us to the Custom House, where I had dropped off my luggage in the morning. (That was a 3-bus proposition in itself: bus to Custom House, bus to a bus stop, THEN bus to the park.) We then waited and waited and waited for the internal bus to come. (That's when the other family called for help.) When one finally came, it was a painfully long ride through all the other bus stops to get to the Custom House, while we watched the clock inside the bus tick minute by minute closer to our time. The manager assured us that if we had missed the bus they would have taken care of us, and I don't doubt that. But if you don't want to feel that stress, budget a whole lot of time for this journey.
  • The food options, while they truly are making a valiant effort, are a little shaky. The main buffet is in a big tent that feels like my parish festival, and the food trucks aren't exactly as plentiful or interesting as the communications I received ahead of my trip made it seem. The little markets in the different neighborhoods are also not too impressive. It's a neat idea, but all they have in there are the basic grab-and-go things that they have in all of the food court refrigerators. Eat in the parks or at Disney Springs, rather than spend your money on a less-than-stellar experience.
  • I know I said this above, but I can't overstate how MUCH construction there is. You really will be surrounded by the sights and sounds of construction, including lots of fences, trailers, heavy equipment, bare dirt, workers, more fences, more fences, and building supplies. IT IS A LOT.
Advice:
  • If you do not go to WDW often, or if this is a once-in-a-lifetime trip, stay somewhere else. The construction really is enough to change the feel of your vacation.
  • If you are lucky enough to go often and are looking for a moderate room at a bargain price, then sign up!

Wonderful review! Thanks! So.... the pins now replace the goodie bag with snacks?? ???

Hi Everyone! I just checked out of CBR yesterday and thought this might be a good place to share my experience. Almost everything was good, despite the fact that half the resort looked to have been a victim of a nuclear detonation. I mean, I KNEW there would be construction, but WOW! It's a LOT!!!

Good Things:
  • The front desk cast is wonderful. I was greeted by Carlos, and he was engaging and pleasant. I arrived before noon, and my room was ready. In fact, I received a small bump to a water-view room, which I really enjoyed. I had done online check-in, but stopped at the desk on the off chance the room would be ready early, and it was such a pleasant surprise that it was.
  • I attempted to walk to my room after check-in, not realizing this is not something you can do now (see "not-so-good things" below!). I pretty quickly realized I had made a mistake after almost getting hit by several cars and a bus as I walked on the edge of the road looking for a sidewalk. Just as I was ready to turn back, a very friendly activities cast member (I didn't catch her name, sadly) pulled up in a golf cart and asked me if I needed a lift. She drove me directly to my door, chatting amiably the whole way and giving me tips on the resort. She refused to take a gratuity.
  • My room was spotlessly clean, as were the non-construction areas of the resort.
  • On the table in my room was a nice note explaining the construction, along with a gift of two pins.
  • People are very eager to help you navigate the resort.
  • In the immediate vicinity of the resort rooms, everything looks like it should: tropical greenery, pretty buildings, winding pathways.
  • Looking at the giant, gaping hole in the resort where they are working, I got super-excited for all the neat things to come, including the gondolas and the new DVC resort! It's going to be AWESOME.
  • You can really tell that everyone is bending over backwards to give people as good of an experience as possible.
Not-so-good Things:
  • You can't walk to the Custom House.
  • You can't get a park bus from the Custom House.
  • You can't walk from check-in to your room and vice versa.
  • Leave LOTS of extra time on your check-out day if you are using Magical Express. I was only coming from Epcot, so I budgeted an hour and fifteen minutes from the park. I found out this was not enough! I made my bus just by the skin of my teeth, as did another family. That family had called the desk to relay our distress, and a manager was waiting for us when we got off the internal bus to make sure we were OK. (Put that up in the "good things" section!) Anyway, I left Epcot with what I thought was enough time, but what I did not count on was the l-o-n-g wait for an internal shuttle. We got off the bus at the first stop within the resort to wait for the internal shuttle to take us to the Custom House, where I had dropped off my luggage in the morning. (That was a 3-bus proposition in itself: bus to Custom House, bus to a bus stop, THEN bus to the park.) We then waited and waited and waited for the internal bus to come. (That's when the other family called for help.) When one finally came, it was a painfully long ride through all the other bus stops to get to the Custom House, while we watched the clock inside the bus tick minute by minute closer to our time. The manager assured us that if we had missed the bus they would have taken care of us, and I don't doubt that. But if you don't want to feel that stress, budget a whole lot of time for this journey.
  • The food options, while they truly are making a valiant effort, are a little shaky. The main buffet is in a big tent that feels like my parish festival, and the food trucks aren't exactly as plentiful or interesting as the communications I received ahead of my trip made it seem. The little markets in the different neighborhoods are also not too impressive. It's a neat idea, but all they have in there are the basic grab-and-go things that they have in all of the food court refrigerators. Eat in the parks or at Disney Springs, rather than spend your money on a less-than-stellar experience.
  • I know I said this above, but I can't overstate how MUCH construction there is. You really will be surrounded by the sights and sounds of construction, including lots of fences, trailers, heavy equipment, bare dirt, workers, more fences, more fences, and building supplies. IT IS A LOT.
Advice:
  • If you do not go to WDW often, or if this is a once-in-a-lifetime trip, stay somewhere else. The construction really is enough to change the feel of your vacation.
  • If you are lucky enough to go often and are looking for a moderate room at a bargain price, then sign up!

We originally had 5 people including a 2 year old. Now we are 4 including baby. Do all of the rooms (non pirate) have the Murphy bed or just some. Not a big deal really if we don't get one now.

We originally had 5 people including a 2 year old. Now we are 4 including baby. Do all of the rooms (non pirate) have the Murphy bed or just some. Not a big deal really if we don't get one now.
No, they all do not have a Murphy bed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter