Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

This is super cynical of me and I’ll be happy to be proven wrong when it turns out to be wildly successful, but I just don’t get this place. Strange concept in an already crowded dining landscape in the immediate area.
I love cake…a lot lol! But I don’t get it either. I would love a better themed restaurant that services breakfast, lunch and dinner or better yet another quick service location. I also want to refill my mug inside!

This is super cynical of me and I’ll be happy to be proven wrong when it turns out to be wildly successful, but I just don’t get this place. Strange concept in an already crowded dining landscape in the immediate area.
The Bakery part may be fine for Cakes, Pies and other made to order items or baked treats. We missed that as the Boardwalk Bakery cut options. Prices are all over $100 but at least an onsite location for custom orders.

I share your cynical view if a Fine Dining option for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner fits in the Crescent Lake area.

Dave

I think they will be wildly successful. Both because tea was popular at VGF and it fills that void, but also for the same reason as Gideon’s- influencers and Instagram and FOMO.
I agree it will probably be successful given there is no return of tea at GF. I just wish they would address some other gaps at BW. I love the resort and location but we already have plans to hop over the BC for QS BF and other things.

We returned late Saturday night from our week stay. This was our second stay here, but first on the Inn side (had 1 BR Villa last time). It was myself and hubby and two 21 year olds. It was the best stay! We had a wonderful room near the elevator on the 5th floor, and it had the slanted wall so the room felt so big. It was great for our four adults. I love the refurbished rooms. It was a super short walk to the bakery to get drink refills (well when we were there during operating hours anyway) and I walked down to the lobby every morning to fill our mugs with coffee since they opened before the bakery. You can get soda refills as well at the pool bar during their operating hours (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite and maybe Lemonade only as they fill from the bar lines, not a fountain). We were able to walk to Hollywood Studios two mornings and were first in line for the turnstiles, then we used the Skyliner and boat at night. If using the boat, then I definitely suggest getting off at Swan/Dolphin as it's faster since it goes to Yacht/Beach before stopping at Boardwalk. It was a super easy walk into Epcot as well, and we never had to wait long for a bus. It was a great week for us getting to/from the parks.

My only complaint is probably the same as others.....lack of food. If you get back after park closing, your only option for food is the pizza window as the bakery closes at 10 (and the one in the lobby closes at 3:30). And during the day the only option was the bakery, pizza window or a pretzel from Boardwalk Joe's. One day we saw a food truck by the old Big River Grille restaurant, but we didn't want to walk down to check it out as we were between meal times. Also, there aren't a ton of options at the bakery. We knew this going in, but it still would be nice to have more quick service options.

Otherwise it was a perfect stay. Crowds were good, weather was good (except the day we got drenched from head to toe at Animal Kingdom due to an unpredicted morning storm), and the hotel was wonderful. The last time we stayed they weren't doing the nightly street performers on the Boardwalk and we loved having them back this time. It was so much fun!

It was a super short walk to the bakery to get drink refills
I think you mean the Boardwalk Deli vs the bakery. Many of us long term members remember the original bakery now renamed to the Deli. Anyone new reading your great post may be a little confused.

The Cake Bake Shop is still under construction for what seems like 3 year.

Dave

I think you mean the Boardwalk Deli vs the bakery. Many of us long term members remember the original bakery now renamed to the Deli. Anyone new reading your great post may be a little confused.

The Cake Bake Shop is still under construction for what seems like 3 year.

Dave
Yes, it was the Boardwalk Bakery the last time we stayed so that's what it will always be to me. Sorry, yes the Boardwalk Deli for soda refills, the bakery for coffee refills. And I am so frustrated with the insanely long construction with the Cake Bake Shop I will never eat there so it's not even on my radar 🤣

How many days ago was these pictures taken mrsap? if you don't mind me asking. We are awaiting to see what is going to happen to our 1 Bed BW View reservation 2 weeks from Monday.

I hate to be some “they would have never done it that way in the past” Disney complainer but if they really leave that roof line with the exhaust vent so visible, that will really grind my gears.

And kids, get off my lawn.
I thought the same way but after seeing multiple shots from different sides of the Blue Ribbon kiosk I think the pictures are deceiving in many aspects. I think the BlogMickey images are from a much higher elevation. Maybe a telescopic camera mono-pole?

I have seen head on views that cleanly don't' show the exhaust hood towering above the roof line. I am withholding my judgement about the side views. They might add a facade to the sides based on guest feedback. That would solve the view from the ground but not even make a dint in the ugly view from a BW View Inn room!

Either that or the shrubs are really tall vs what is normally used for shielding. Or it could be that the shrubs have been there so long that they have grown 3 feet.

Dave

How many days ago was these pictures taken mrsap? if you don't mind me asking. We are awaiting to see what is going to happen to our 1 Bed BW View reservation 2 weeks from Monday.
Within the last 4 days. Are you concerned that you might get stuck in the Crest of Waves section? There are 1 BR BW View rooms outside of that section. The 2nd floor has the most 1 BR BW View units.

Dave

Within the last 4 days. Are you concerned that you might get stuck in the Crest of Waves section? There are 1 BR BW View rooms outside of that section. The 2nd floor has the most 1 BR BW View units.

Dave
Hey Dave, was just a matter of knowing we aren’t the only ones booked and so there might be limited availability left outside of Crest o’ the Waves section. Not stressing yet. Thanks for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter