Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

They are working on all the cottages at once so I’m guessing they will all be done at once too so if they are available I would book without hesitation.
Thank you so much! This is what I wanted to hear. I tried asking on the chat feature of the Disney site but got the usual, "That's a great question" reply, which always precedes an answer that isn't an answer :)

Thank you so much! This is what I wanted to hear. I tried asking on the chat feature of the Disney site but got the usual, "That's a great question" reply, which always precedes an answer that isn't an answer :)
Sadly, Disney Chat is the worse place to go for any thing of any use whatsoever. While in this case, I suspect they have no clue and even if they did, wouldn't tell you because anything can happen so until they officially open, they aren't going to give any info. Even if you had asked a simple question, they give horrible, vague even wrong answers. Sadly.

But we sat at the pool for several hours on multiple days and they are actively, very actively, working on every single cottage at the same time. Very large # of crew members on site. Not like one by one, with some not being worked. I saw furniture moving in so I'm thinking they are nearing the end. They aren't assessable so you can't walk up to see how they look inside so no report on exact progress

Sadly, Disney Chat is the worse place to go for any thing of any use whatsoever. While in this case, I suspect they have no clue and even if they did, wouldn't tell you because anything can happen so until they officially open, they aren't going to give any info. Even if you had asked a simple question, they give horrible, vague even wrong answers. Sadly.

But we sat at the pool for several hours on multiple days and they are actively, very actively, working on every single cottage at the same time. Very large # of crew members on site. Not like one by one, with some not being worked. I saw furniture moving in so I'm thinking they are nearing the end. They aren't assessable so you can't walk up to see how they look inside so no report on exact progress
I went ahead and booked 2 of them today. Thanks for coming back and adding all of this detail to the conversation. I feel secure that I made a good decision. You were a huge help. I'd still be obsessing over it otherwise.

Disney chat- just don’t. Put up some answers on a dart board and throw- you’ll have better odds of an accurate answer.
Oh I know. I keep trying though for some reason. It might be worse now then it was years ago. The person today told me that if I was given an unrefurbished unit I could just go back to the desk and ask to try a room on a higher floor. Obviously she had no idea what a garden cottage even is.

Have a stay booked on the DVC side for just a couple nights in late July. Wondering about status of the overall resort refurb and whether this is a good choice for July or if I should pick something else. Planning a resort-heavy, lot of pool time stay. Realize, strictly speaking, that the DVC room renovations aren't underway yet. But I love the quiet pool by the cottages and wouldn't be thrilled with ongoing construction. Also know it's incredibly hard to predict. Looking for opinions - would you keep the reservation or change?

Have a stay booked on the DVC side for just a couple nights in late July. Wondering about status of the overall resort refurb and whether this is a good choice for July or if I should pick something else. Planning a resort-heavy, lot of pool time stay. Realize, strictly speaking, that the DVC room renovations aren't underway yet. But I love the quiet pool by the cottages and wouldn't be thrilled with ongoing construction. Also know it's incredibly hard to predict. Looking for opinions - would you keep the reservation or change?
I have no idea how the Inn-side renovations might or might not affect the quiet pool over there, but there is a quiet pool on the Villas side that might suit you. I haven't seen any indication that they'll be working on the Villas in July.

People had whole pizzas this week. Maybe the just bought 4 slices? Only know they had full size pizza boxes and were eating out of them at the pool and at tables on the boardwalk
We were there this weekend. My wife swore she saw someone with a full size pizza box. However, when we went on Friday, they said they no longer sell whole pizzas. Each of our "super slices" did come in a pizza box, albeit not what I would consider a full size one.

People had whole pizzas this week. Maybe the just bought 4 slices? Only know they had full size pizza boxes and were eating out of them at the pool and at tables on the boardwalk

We went to the pizza window on Sunday and they gave us a full size box for three slices. The slices were massive.

Yeah, you will get a box, but the menu does not have whole pizza's anymore. It's by the slice. So you can order 4 slices to get a whole pizza, it just costs more than it used to.

We just booked here from July 2-6th in a standard view villa. Our price was $300/night. Was that a good deal? I think we rented at $25/point, which seems high.

Also, what are your top recommendations for a trip that doesn't include the parks? Between the heat and the holiday crowds I'm not sure we want to pay for park tickets.

We just booked here from July 2-6th in a standard view villa. Our price was $300/night. Was that a good deal? I think we rented at $25/point, which seems high.

Also, what are your top recommendations for a trip that doesn't include the parks? Between the heat and the holiday crowds I'm not sure we want to pay for park tickets.
300 a night is about half price so good deal.
As for a parkless trip...given you can walk to 2 parks from Boardwalk...I might reconsider. However there are plenty of things to do...including Kennedy apace center . Disney springs, resort hopping...but consider 1 day in epcot and 1 in Hollywood. You get early entry and on July 3 epcot stays open until 11 for those in deluxe resorts.

We ended up booking a resort view for our planned Dec 2024 trip. We wanted a Boardwalk View but the cost was just too much. 2 of the nights they had the price at $1070.00. Not worth it for us.

We will see if we get a garden or parking lot view I guess. :)

We will be at BW then too. I would do park days though. At least Epcot or Hollywood studios since one benefit of staying at BW is that it’s so close. We are going to the parks

Since we bought into DVC we have done several no park trips. One of those trips was 4th of July at BWV. When we don’t have tickets we like to go to Disney Springs, eat at the resort restaurants, and hang out at the pool. The pool activities are fun and we make sure to be there to make Mickey tye dye shirts because my family loves them. Sometimes we make it to the s’mores campfire and movies under the stars, which is nice because we never make those when we have park tickets. I love to take the monorail around to eat drink and shop at the three monorail resorts. We usually watch Epcot fireworks from the Boardwalk but sometimes we go over and watch Magic Kingdoms from the Polynesian. Lots to do!

Just booked a weekend in July for a deluxe CL room! This will be the last CL I need to complete my bucket list! Hubby had never stayed at BW and I’ve only stayed on the DVC villa side.
#EPIC

Staying at all the Disney CLs is such a Disney nerd thing so I love it and it’s maybe kinda definitely on my long term life list! Hope you have an awesome time- & what great timing to get to see the refurb! I got to do GCH CL 1-2 weeks (lol I don’t know exactly recall, am I getting old?!!) after they opened from a Gut-It level refurb and there was such an air of excitement around it was contagious.

Loudest washing machine on the planet is in room 2041. Sounds like it’s going to take off on a Mission to Mars trip 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter