• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

DVC rarely get rooms early, No matter what.
Resorts seem to more often than not.
Just another reason we don't stay DVC
I am a DVC Member and we have had many stays, (including 2 of my 3 trips last year), where we were in a room early! AKL was 1:30 and The Grand at 10:30am! I would say more times than none we are in a room by 2:30. The only time I have ever waited any longer than 3:00 was if there was a special request I had for a particular room/location. It does happen. 🙂

I am a DVC Member and we have had many stays, (including 2 of my 3 trips last year), where we were in a room early! AKL was 1:30 and The Grand at 10:30am! I would say more times than none we are in a room by 2:30. The only time I have ever waited any longer than 3:00 was if there was a special request I had for a particular room/location. It does happen. 🙂
Sounds like you have great luck. I know you’ve read just more reports where they never see a room before 4

i simply said it was rare. Not impossible

I will be arriving at boardwalk probably close to 1 to 130 pm this Saturday. I did the online check in and out my arrival time for 1230. Hopefully I don't have to wait that long

Sounds like you have great luck. I know you’ve read just more reports where they never see a room before 4

i simply said it was rare. Not impossible
I would agree that it’s possibly luck, however I looked back at my room ready texts as far back as 2019 and most of my room ready times all range around the 2:30 mark, some even earlier. Since you mentioned you were not a DVC member, I was giving my personal experience that it does happen, more often than not. I just don’t want others to feel discouraged.

My experience as a DVC member, across multiple resorts since 2017, including the Boardwalk (our home resort), is that most stays we have waited until 4:00 or later to get a room ready text. This has been regardless of what time we told them we would be arriving at the resort, or length of stay.

I would agree that it’s possibly luck, however I looked back at my room ready texts as far back as 2019 and most of my room ready times all range around the 2:30 mark, some even earlier. Since you mentioned you were not a DVC member, I was giving my personal experience that it does happen, more often than not. I just don’t want others to feel discouraged.
You know I always do cash res so maybe that’s why mine is close to 4? One time at OKW I checked in at 7:15 am and room wasn’t ready until 4. Hard to believe but it was.

Many blt also very late! I am thinking owners get 1st priority! Which probably is as it should be,

You know I always do cash res so maybe that’s why mine is close to 4? One time at OKW I checked in at 7:15 am and room wasn’t ready until 4. Hard to believe but it was.

Many blt also very late! I am thinking owners get 1st priority! Which probably is as it should be,
Same here, always cash DVC stays. It could be owners have a better chance. Makes complete sense if they have to pick and choose

Interesting.
Yours is still unusual compared to majority of others who mention their room ready times. As a previous poster mentioned in their history.
I know it has to be a huge reach but do you think they have any clue you blog about Disney? If there's a chance they do could it be they want to look favorable? Like I said, a huge reach just a thought that I had

I have similar results with the Resort room stays. Most stays we get in the room at the time I put as arrival, or very shortly thereafter. It's almost unheard of for us to wait till 3, unless I happen to be arriving after 3. Others however, rarely seem to get in their rooms early. Why are my results so different from others? I have no idea. Probably just how it goes, luck of the draw. We are not usually the lucky types, that's for sure

I don't think DVC owners get some kind of priority which determines when their room is ready. Rooms are assigned in advance. The room assigners don't know if the previous guest in the room will leave early or late. Housekeeping might be ready to clean the room on your check-in day but can't start if the previous guest is still in it.

I have arrived to find my BWV room ready at 11:30 am. I also have had to wait until 5:45 pm for my BWV room to be ready. These are for stays booked as owner with DVC points.

Interesting.
Yours is still unusual compared to majority of others who mention their room ready times. As a previous poster mentioned in their history.
I know it has to be a huge reach but do you think they have any clue you blog about Disney? If there's a chance they do could it be they want to look favorable? Like I said, a huge reach just a thought that I had

I have similar results with the Resort room stays. Most stays we get in the room at the time I put as arrival, or very shortly thereafter. It's almost unheard of for us to wait till 3, unless I happen to be arriving after 3. Others however, rarely seem to get in their rooms early. Why are my results so different from others? I have no idea. Probably just how it goes, luck of the draw. We are not usually the lucky types, that's for sure
Copying and pasting blog content that other people write and sharing on a discussion board is not “blogging”. It is unfortunate for those that never get early rooms, that I can’t explain, but who knows their individual situations: what was their arrival/check in time, did they ask for specific room, did they do online check in, etc. There are so many factors. Just like resort rooms… our CL room was ready at 9:30 am last year, then next CL trip our room wasn’t ready until 3:00. The point is, early rooms can happen for DVC, just as in the resort side.

So, checking in online doesn’t make a difference in your room being ready earlier? I never checked in online. Just confirming if that’s true! Thank you!

Last edited:
Same here, always cash DVC stays. It could be owners have a better chance. Makes complete sense if they have to pick and choose
Nope, I am an owner who books on points. I have had many many stays where I haven't gotten my room until well after 4. Occasionally I have, but many times they are later.
So, checking in online doesn’t increase your room will be ready earlier? I just checked in online, just confirming if that’s true. Thank you!
No it doesn't. I always checkin online well in advance, and put our arrival time. It doesn't really seem to make a difference.

My daughter and I will be staying at BWV September 9-20th and we are so excited! This is our first time staying at an Epcot-area resort and the fact that we will be able to walk over to the World Showcase during the Food and Wine Festival is going to be great. But honestly, I am equally excited to just sit and look out over the Boardwalk/water while having a cup of tea. I hate to wish my entire spring/summer away but I cannot wait until September :)

My daughter and I will be staying at BWV September 9-20th and we are so excited! This is our first time staying at an Epcot-area resort and the fact that we will be able to walk over to the World Showcase during the Food and Wine Festival is going to be great. But honestly, I am equally excited to just sit and look out over the Boardwalk/water while having a cup of tea. I hate to wish my entire spring/summer away but I cannot wait until September :)
I also enjoy walking to S&D and HS! So many places close at hand!

Half of the fun is the planning, enjoy!

Not really.
You walk across the lobby to the elevators on the Villa side and ride them to first floor. No 2 elevator system on the Villa side, one elevator goes to all floors.
You exit right there at the pool.
Doesn't take longer
Thanks Mrs.AMC - I look forward to trying that route during our next visit.

So, checking in online doesn’t make a difference in your room being ready earlier? I never checked in online. Just confirming if that’s true! Thank you!
Checking in online doesn't increase your chance of getting a room ready.
It just gives you the opportunity to have a room ready early
When you don't check in online you have very little chance of it being ready early as they wouldn't know what time to have it ready. That's part of the online check in system. Giving them an arrival time.
Without a time attached to your arrival they are going to assign rooms to those who do have arrival times before your room.
100% of the time I get a text of some sort, either with my room info or with a notice that my room isn't quite ready

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/index.php/faq/resorts/check-in

The check in time for villas is 4:00. 3:00 for hotel rooms.

l stayed at both and got in early a few times, especially if no one was in the room the night before. A full house doesn’t need to check out until 11.

A tip if you aren’t headed to the park is to have a duffle bag with swim suits, zip locks for wet suits and head to the changing rooms for the pool. Or, Go for a walk to see what’s new. It’s then a welcome surprise at lunch or relaxing pool side to find out your room is ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter