• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Yes you can, and Bell services will hold your groceries. The one catch here is, you very well may not have a room at that time. I rarely get into a room before 4 anymore, and sometimes even later. They will still hold your order, just wanted you to know you may not be able to get into your room right when you arrive.
Is there an address for the closest Walmart... I'm in the same boat and will arrive around noonish, but will probably not get into my room until later.... would love to put in an order if they will deliver to Bell Services and refrigerate the perishables.

NM. I found it on the first page of this thread.... thanks!

Last edited:
Yes you can, and Bell services will hold your groceries. The one catch here is, you very well may not have a room at that time. I rarely get into a room before 4 anymore, and sometimes even later. They will still hold your order, just wanted you to know you may not be able to get into your room right when you arrive.
really?

February is supposed to be low season :(

I just noticed that BWI came up as an option on my Chase Sapphire Points site. It was sold out every date I put in so I was wondering if it’s just a mistake or if it really is available to book via points. No other Disney Hotels (other than Dolphin/Swan) are shown on the site.
Bump

I just noticed that BWI came up as an option on my Chase Sapphire Points site. It was sold out every date I put in so I was wondering if it’s just a mistake or if it really is available to book via points. No other Disney Hotels (other than Dolphin/Swan) are shown on the site.
No specific clue why the BWI would be the only WDW Resort available on your Chase Sapphire Points site. That looks like a mistake to me.

It is undergoing a major room refresh currently. The first half is is out of service and the second second and the CL section is scheduled to be closed next month for the rest of the room refresh work as soon as the first half of the Inn side of the resort comes back online.

What dates are you trying?

Dave

First look!

Light and airy indeed…resort specific art…I’m a fan

Also a fan. We arrive Friday, club level, so will have old room but man oh man kinda wish our trip was in two months instead. Thinking about a last minute cruise end or April start of may and might bookend it with some Disney world. If we do I want to check out the new rooms.

Also a fan. We arrive Friday, club level, so will have old room but man oh man kinda wish our trip was in two months instead. Thinking about a last minute cruise end or April start of may and might bookend it with some Disney world. If we do I want to check out the new rooms.
I have cl 4/28 the day it reopens. Dd has the 2 bedroom suite as well.(Bach party) I am planning on getting pix of that suite!

I still like gf’s new rooms better but like the fresh look of these and the art work is all fun👍

I will be there on Monday the 13th. Coming over from the Beach Club. We will have my grandson with us for just one night.

Chase purged all Disney properties a few years ago. The only time after that you could book one after the purge was during a brief time when Riviera hit the system as a new hotel, alas Chase realized and blocked it. Since no dates are available I say it’s a fluke and still blocked.

Last edited:
There has been a lot of talk here about the refurbishment of the Inn side of the resort, but I have a reservation in April for a one-bedroom villa.

Is there an update as to refurbishment there? Has it already been done or is it scheduled to be done at the same time as the Inn, or are they not doing it at all?

Thanks in advance!

I am so confused on the room refurbs. But i think it’s because i am not familiar with BWI. Where exactly are the garden view rooms?

Garden view rooms are in both half's of the refurbishment. The half of the rooms from the Elevator lobby toward the Front (South) entrance and around toward the Conference center are the current are currently undergoing the refurbishment.

The vast majority of the Garden view rooms over look the interior courtyard and also a section overlooking the quite pool.

There are a few Garden View rooms that have a view of the Boardwalk Village Green area overlooking the area between the BWI and the BWV. (this last group is part of the second group of the refurbishment that will start next month) north of the Elevator lobby and are on the way to the Boardwalk view rooms.

ETA: still learning to type and spell.

Dave

Last edited:
How busy is the main pool in springtime? We're looking at either mid-March or end of April. It looks small for such a large resort but it's always hard to tell from photos. Are there chairs available if you arrive in the morning or late afternoon? We're trying to decide between Yacht and BWI, I like the rooms at BWI better but the Yacht pool. Also is it far from the club hotel rooms to the main pool?

Planning a last-minute stay for early March (week of the 5th) and considering a studio at Boardwalk. I saw the pool closure, but I'm wondering if anyone could give further insight into how disruptive the refurb will be. I'm seeing 590/night on Disney's site for the dates in question, which is more costly than what I'd pay for a garden wing room at Contemporary through UT. I'd like the location of Boardwalk better and have never been there so curious to try it, but just wondering if it's a dunce move to pay that much for a resort where I might be surrounded by construction and noise constantly.
Only the slide will be closed, not the entire pool, as far as that goes. And apparently the BW Inn room refurbishments are proceeding without much disruption to guests.
really?

February is supposed to be low season :(
Yes, low season in terms of park attendance, but for DVC it’s pretty much always high season because it’s a timeshare, and timeshares are designed to be booked 100% all year long. February is low season for DVC only in the sense that not as many owners are competing to book villas that month as compared to the first week of December, for instance. However, don’t despair. During online checkin for our January 24 arrival I told them we expected to get there about 1:30. When our plane touched down around 12:45 and I took my phone off airplane mode, we had already received the text with our room number. Good luck!
There has been a lot of talk here about the refurbishment of the Inn side of the resort, but I have a reservation in April for a one-bedroom villa.

Is there an update as to refurbishment there? Has it already been done or is it scheduled to be done at the same time as the Inn, or are they not doing it at all?

Thanks in advance!
No dates for BW Villas refurb have been announced. It’s been reported that a couple of rooms have been demolished to the studs, but suspicion is that they’re test rooms because no other evidence of activity has been seen. Based on booking availability, many think that actual refurb won’t begin until late summer or fall. IOW, whether your April stay will be affected, I can’t say for sure.

How busy is the main pool in springtime? We're looking at either mid-March or end of April. It looks small for such a large resort but it's always hard to tell from photos. Are there chairs available if you arrive in the morning or late afternoon? We're trying to decide between Yacht and BWI, I like the rooms at BWI better but the Yacht pool. Also is it far from the club hotel rooms to the main pool?
I can't address the pool business issue. Getting to the main pool from the CL rooms is a bit odd. You take the elevator to the lobby floor, go outside, walk across the "green", through the tunnel to reach the pool. I asked a CL CM if there was an inside route, the answer was yes but it takes longer.

I can't address the pool business issue. Getting to the main pool from the CL rooms is a bit odd. You take the elevator to the lobby floor, go outside, walk across the "green", through the tunnel to reach the pool. I asked a CL CM if there was an inside route, the answer was yes but it takes longer.
Not really.
You walk across the lobby to the elevators on the Villa side and ride them to first floor. No 2 elevator system on the Villa side, one elevator goes to all floors.
You exit right there at the pool.
Doesn't take longer

Garden view rooms are in both half's of the refurbishment. The half of the rooms from the Elevator lobby toward the Front (South) entrance and around toward the Conference center are the current are currently undergoing the refurbishment.

The vast majority of the Garden view rooms over look the interior courtyard and also a section overlooking the quite pool.

There are a few Garden View rooms that have a view of the Boardwalk Village Green area overlooking the area between the BWI and the BWV. (this last group is part of the second group of the refurbishment that will start next month) north of the Elevator lobby and are on the way to the Boardwalk view rooms.

ETA: still learning to type and spell.

Dave
Thanks for the information. Trying to decide if i should switch from the French Qtr to the BWI. I hate tough decisions!

The main pool can be quite busy at times.
We have encountered times where there are no chairs anywhere but with no view of the pool.
When we plan a pool day we get there at opening and grab a spot as soon as they open the gates.
There are 2 other pools if you don't have a need to the games and whatnot.
We tend to use the Inn pool more for this reason. No one in our group plays pool games any more.
We stay CL at BWI so we don't need the pool bar. We bring what we want with us from the lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter