Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

wow that is incredibly disappointing........ I was hoping the sandwiches were made "on the fly" Panera Bread style. DW has a dairy allergy so can do the sandwiches without the cheese. If they aren't customizable that pretty much eliminates the entire menu for her.
Panera used to be ‘pre-fixed’ though. We stopped going there until they changed - we hate Mayo. Hopefully Boardwalk deli will fix that too.
I did just play with mobile order. You can choose diff sides instead of just tomato soup. But you can’t get rid of the Mayo.

Was at BWI the week of Aug. 28. Originally I was doing a split stay with Swan and YC but when the AP rates hit, I could do the entire week at BW for $500 less so I changed it. I had room 5272 which was a garden view room. I was pleased with the location, didn't use the big pool so the location would have been a pain for that but quick and easy for the quiet pool. I mobile ordered breakfast one morning from Ale and Compass and ate breakfast at the BW Deli two mornings. I didn't mobile order either morning, was there around 7:30 and just walked in and ordered. I had them make the breakfast bagel with no onions and it was fine. I took it over to the little seating area under the porch and enjoyed watching the BW wake up. I mobile ordered a chicken salad sandwich one night and sat on my balcony and watched FWs while eating it. I sat on my balcony two nights and watched the Epcot FWs from there. Buses to AK and MK were fine. My room wasn't ready when I got there, I didn't expect it to be since I arrived just after 1. They did text saying it wasn't ready. I just walked over to Epcot and enjoyed the afternoon. By 5 I still hadn't gotten a text but was tired and hot and my toe hurt (I had hit it on my hope chest the day before I arrived and the toe nail came totally off).1663020189303.png I went to the front desk and they said, sure nuff your room has been ready. That is my only complaint for the entire trip about the resort. 1663020256565.png
1663020324034.png

Was at BWI the week of Aug. 28. Originally I was doing a split stay with Swan and YC but when the AP rates hit, I could do the entire week at BW for $500 less so I changed it. I had room 5272 which was a garden view room. I was pleased with the location, didn't use the big pool so the location would have been a pain for that but quick and easy for the quiet pool. I mobile ordered breakfast one morning from Ale and Compass and ate breakfast at the BW Deli two mornings. I didn't mobile order either morning, was there around 7:30 and just walked in and ordered. I had them make the breakfast bagel with no onions and it was fine. I took it over to the little seating area under the porch and enjoyed watching the BW wake up. I mobile ordered a chicken salad sandwich one night and sat on my balcony and watched FWs while eating it. I sat on my balcony two nights and watched the Epcot FWs from there. Buses to AK and MK were fine. My room wasn't ready when I got there, I didn't expect it to be since I arrived just after 1. They did text saying it wasn't ready. I just walked over to Epcot and enjoyed the afternoon. By 5 I still hadn't gotten a text but was tired and hot and my toe hurt (I had hit it on my hope chest the day before I arrived and the toe nail came totally off).View attachment 701863 I went to the front desk and they said, sure nuff your room has been ready. That is my only complaint for the entire trip about the resort. View attachment 701864
View attachment 701866
OMG your toe almost made me pass out! That looks painful!

OMG your toe almost made me pass out! That looks painful!
LOL well it wasn't fun. The nail came right off. Hubby cleaned it a little, put antibiotic cream on it and a band aid. The worst part was I did it on Sat. and had to drive down (solo) Sunday. 7 hour drive from Georgia. Thankfully, I'm sort of limber so I could pull my leg up into the seat and sort of prop my foot up every now and again. I also rarely wear close toed shoes so that helped. I will say all the rain that week and sandals meant I had to change the band aid often and clean it often. It didn't dry out as well as it should have until I got home. The first few days were rough and I took the boat between Epcot/BW/HS a lot.

LOL well it wasn't fun. The nail came right off. Hubby cleaned it a little, put antibiotic cream on it and a band aid. The worst part was I did it on Sat. and had to drive down (solo) Sunday. 7 hour drive from Georgia. Thankfully, I'm sort of limber so I could pull my leg up into the seat and sort of prop my foot up every now and again. I also rarely wear close toed shoes so that helped. I will say all the rain that week and sandals meant I had to change the band aid often and clean it often. It didn't dry out as well as it should have until I got home. The first few days were rough and I took the boat between Epcot/BW/HS a lot.
Glad you still had fun! Love BW so much. It’s good to know you can order at BWB and leave off items. I know that has been a concern.

Does anyone know about food delivery options to Boardwalk? We're going at the end of Oct. and I'm thinking of having lunch delivered one day. DoorDash doesn't appear to deliver to Boardwalk but Grubhub... maybe? Anyone have experience with this?

We'll be there CL in 11 days and I'm wondering if anyone knows what toiletries are in the rooms right now? Normally we have shampoo/conditioner, after sun, lotion, soap,1 razor, and 1 toothbrush I need to figure out what liquids we're bringing and whether or not we'll have enough space for them all lol

How is laundry service handled? We will be there 10 days and don’t want to check bags.
As in, the resort doing it?
Or you washing it yourself?
I do not believe they offer it any longer
But yes, there is a laundry room for you to wash yourself

We'll be there CL in 11 days and I'm wondering if anyone knows what toiletries are in the rooms right now? Normally we have shampoo/conditioner, after sun, lotion, soap,1 razor, and 1 toothbrush I need to figure out what liquids we're bringing and whether or not we'll have enough space for them all lol
If you mean those are normally in the room they are not any longer
They were a long time ago but the past few years the after sun has been removed and this past year saw the removal of the razor and toothbrush.
All we've had this past 2 years is shampoo/conditioner/lotion/soap on a consistent basis
Most of the time we also got a shower cap and box with nail file, cotton balls, cotton pads, cotton swabs. But those were sometimes missing too. Sometimes we'd get them the first night but they'd not be replenished. It varied. I always used the box with the file/cottonswap, etc (I added it to my travel bad

Does anyone know about food delivery options to Boardwalk? We're going at the end of Oct. and I'm thinking of having lunch delivered one day. DoorDash doesn't appear to deliver to Boardwalk but Grubhub... maybe? Anyone have experience with this?
If you don't get an answer here, maybe ask over on the YC/BC thread. This is ringing a bell with me (about a food delivery service apparently not delivering to the hotel) and if it wasn't on this thread maybe it was on that one.

We used Amazon Prime in November. I loaded the cart at home and ordered when we landed at MCO. They state a two hour delivery time so we were at the BW and in our room when the driver texted he was there. I walked down and met him. It was the first time we ever used grocery delivery since we always used to rent a car. It worked out well and we’ll be using it again in October.

From other threads it looks like people also use Instacart and Garden Grover.

We used Amazon Prime in November. I loaded the cart at home and ordered when we landed at MCO. They state a two hour delivery time so we were at the BW and in our room when the driver texted he was there. I walked down and met him. It was the first time we ever used grocery delivery since we always used to rent a car. It worked out well and we’ll be using it again in October.

From other threads it looks like people also use Instacart and Garden Grover.
If the OP is mentioning Door Dash and Grub Hub they are talking about prepared food delivery not grocery

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter