Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Looking for meats to our stay at Boardwalk from 11/29-12/4. Curious about peoples’ experiences staying in hotels while renovations are happening. How disruptive is it? Thanks!
What renovations? At the Boardwalk? There have been no dates announced...and there certainly isn't anything scheduled for 2022.

What renovations? At the Boardwalk? There have been no dates announced...and there certainly isn't anything scheduled for 2022.

@Crazyhorse, I think you're a little behind in the news.

If you go to the Disney website and click on the Boardwalk page, you see this:
This Resort hotel is undergoing refurbishments. See Details

If you click on See Details, you get this:

As our Resort hotel refurbishments continue, you may see or hear construction during daytime hours.

Disney Skyliner Refurbishment
From January 22, 2023 through January 29, 2023, the Disney Skyliner will be closed for refurbishment. Complimentary bus and FriendShip boat service will be available.

Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas Refurbishment
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas is being refurbished, with new offerings, plus updates coming to our Guest rooms, lobby and more. Please note that while most hotel amenities will remain available, you may be able to see and hear construction during daytime hours. Additionally, please allow for additional travel time.

Also, I've seen that the little shop inside the BoardWalk is scheduled to close so that it can be turned into a coffee shop:
"As a part of the ongoing refurbishments and improvements to Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, Dundry’s Sundries is closing permanently on October 3rd to make way for a new coffee shop. While this takes away a merchandise location, all items are expected to be available in the Screen Door General Store nearby."
https://wdwnt.com/2022/09/dundys-sundries-at-disneys-boardwalk-inn-to-close-permanently-october-3rd/

Looking for meats to our stay at Boardwalk from 11/29-12/4. Curious about peoples’ experiences staying in hotels while renovations are happening. How disruptive is it? Thanks!
I believe they are only working on the old ESPN restaurant and Dundy’s Sundries off the lobby right now. That could change by the end of November but what they are doing now should not have a big impact on those staying at the hotel. I am there the second week in December.

It looks like all club level rooms are pulled from the website next March so I’m guessing that is when they will start on the rooms.

I'm guessing they needed to rename the location a deli.
The fancy cake place is opening one day. A bakery and a cake place in the same area sounds odd
We were at the Deli Saturday when at BWV. We were disappointed that it still is SO DARN SMALL. Very crowded and hard to move. Why they need a whole space for Cakes is beyond us. Because BWI/BWV is food-limited, we feel the main attraction should be food, NOT devoted to cakes. It didn't make sense to us. And we like cake but food options are important for that resort, love it that we do. So many times we walk over to BCV and feel we should haven't have to.

I believe they are only working on the old ESPN restaurant and Dundy’s Sundries off the lobby right now. That could change by the end of November but what they are doing now should not have a big impact on those staying at the hotel. I am there the second week in December.

It looks like all club level rooms are pulled from the website next March so I’m guessing that is when they will start on the rooms.
We were shocked about Dundy's changeover to coffee. It's such a tiny place and we think it will be a 3-ring circus in there spilling over into the corridor. We were there last week during hurricane and it was so crowded (people buying snacks/drinks etc......me buying neosporin/alcohol as I fell the day before leaving for FL). We think 'maybe' Belle Vue (too tired to look up spelling) didn't like all the 'coffee' commotion and people taking up seats when they want the liquor crowd there instead. Just surmising. That was also a 3-ring circus during the Hurricane as we got food boxes there. (BW did a FANTASTIC job during hurricane). If you HAD to be in a hurricane, Disney resorts (especially the Deluxes) were the place you want to be.

@Crazyhorse, I think you're a little behind in the news.

If you go to the Disney website and click on the Boardwalk page, you see this:
This Resort hotel is undergoing refurbishments. See Details

If you click on See Details, you get this:

As our Resort hotel refurbishments continue, you may see or hear construction during daytime hours.

Disney Skyliner Refurbishment
From January 22, 2023 through January 29, 2023, the Disney Skyliner will be closed for refurbishment. Complimentary bus and FriendShip boat service will be available.

Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas Refurbishment
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas is being refurbished, with new offerings, plus updates coming to our Guest rooms, lobby and more. Please note that while most hotel amenities will remain available, you may be able to see and hear construction during daytime hours. Additionally, please allow for additional travel time.

Also, I've seen that the little shop inside the BoardWalk is scheduled to close so that it can be turned into a coffee shop:
"As a part of the ongoing refurbishments and improvements to Disney’s BoardWalk Inn, Dundry’s Sundries is closing permanently on October 3rd to make way for a new coffee shop. While this takes away a merchandise location, all items are expected to be available in the Screen Door General Store nearby."
https://wdwnt.com/2022/09/dundys-sundries-at-disneys-boardwalk-inn-to-close-permanently-october-3rd/
No, I'm not a little behind in the news. My assumption was that the OP was referencing room refurbishment..which isn't really scheduled until next year.....though God knows, the rooms need it. So...based on the general info, they may hear a little somethin' somethin'.

Last edited:
We are big Boardwalk fans, but will not be staying there for our upcoming trip. If we want to walk around and see the new bakery and hang out, will we be allowed to uber to the resort without a dinning reservation? Thanks for any help.

No, I'm not a little behind in the news. My assumption was that the OP was referencing room refurbishment..which isn't really scheduled until next year.....though God knows, the rooms need it. So...based on the general info, they may hear a little somethin' somethin'.
They are scheduled.
What isn't published is the scheduled start date
But it is scheduled.
There is even a sample already finished
Assumption is sometime in 2023, because rooms aren't pulled from inventory, apparently, until then.
Even staff isn't given a heads up

Yes. Tiny but I froze the ice tray and a muffin. Just left yesterday.
yes, i replied to my own post after we arrived at the studio. We had two of the microwavable DiGiorno pizzas in there. I wish I would have known before so I could have kept my breakfast sandwich order, but another poster said it didn't have a freezer. But I know for next time :)

They are scheduled.
What isn't published is the scheduled start date
But it is scheduled.
There is even a sample already finished
Assumption is sometime in 2023, because rooms aren't pulled from inventory, apparently, until then.
Even staff isn't given a heads up
Exactly..kinda what I said....scheduled for next year..but no firm date. They want everyone to be surprised.

I just saw that Boardwalk is going to undergo renovations in 2023. Didn’t know.

DD and I (separate rooms) are now worried because, unlike everyone else, we are ‘cold’ people. Come from the cold Midwest and we are always cold in general. Plus thyroid problems.
Strong air conditioning is a problem.

The instant we walk into the room, we call Housekeeping for extra blankets.
That’s one reason why we adore Boardwalk BECAUSE of the non-sensor thermostats where we can actually make it WARMER when we want. We never ever make it colder.

Presume renovations will have new sensors and now worried. Darn. Things were wonderful for us on all our BWV trips.
We realize all resorts will now have sensors (yes I google exact model at other resorts but never seems to work) but it was so darn nice to be warm at BWV.

I do understand you all want air conditioning lowered, certainly not heat but being cold honestly is a problem for us.
Will ask for ‘old’ rooms but presume will be fast renovations. We are booked May and September thus far.

I just saw that Boardwalk is going to undergo renovations in 2023. Didn’t know.

DD and I (separate rooms) are now worried because, unlike everyone else, we are ‘cold’ people. Come from the cold Midwest and we are always cold in general. Plus thyroid problems.
Strong air conditioning is a problem.

The instant we walk into the room, we call Housekeeping for extra blankets.
That’s one reason why we adore Boardwalk BECAUSE of the non-sensor thermostats where we can actually make it WARMER when we want. We never ever make it colder.

Presume renovations will have new sensors and now worried. Darn. Things were wonderful for us on all our BWV trips.
We realize all resorts will now have sensors (yes I google exact model at other resorts but never seems to work) but it was so darn nice to be warm at BWV.

I do understand you all want air conditioning lowered, certainly not heat but being cold honestly is a problem for us.
Will ask for ‘old’ rooms but presume will be fast renovations. We are booked May and September thus far.
BWI is getting reno. Not BWV
So you should be safe for now

Oh thank you for telling me we have a reprieve! Can't wait to text my daughter. Thanks again.
Though honestly, I too suffer from thyroid issues and am always cold. Use a heater in my office year round. I’ve never been unable to control the temp in a Disney room. Even brand new construction and brand new reno rooms. The new sensor thermostats work opposite the way you are saying. They turn off and make the room warmer. They don’t make it colder unless you turn it down too low. At least that’s how the resort rooms all work. I’ve not stayed DVC much. Maybe they do something different?

Though honestly, I too suffer from thyroid issues and am always cold. Use a heater in my office year round. I’ve never been unable to control the temp in a Disney room. Even brand new construction and brand new reno rooms. The new sensor thermostats work opposite the way you are saying. They turn off and make the room warmer. They don’t make it colder unless you turn it down too low. At least that’s how the resort rooms all work. I’ve not stayed DVC much. Maybe they do something different?
The many DVC resorts that have the sensors do not allow going ‘up’ for base temp the same as going ‘down’ (staying put at desired temps) for those desiring Cool/cold constant air.

I can’t stand the resorts like Poly DVC (which I own) where each time you use that 2nd washroom (a ‘half’ washroom really)…and suddenly cold air kicks on with stong fan blowing cold air on me. Jolts me up and can’t go back to sleep.
Daughter and husband also complain.

I realuze everyone is different and deserves to be. Just wish WE could control the heat/cold. There has to be a better way. We have a NEST at home and leave one temp. We don’t want a ‘schedule’. We feel differently on different days.

Oh thank you for telling me we have a reprieve! Can't wait to text my daughter. Thanks again.
Sorry, the villas are due for refurbishment in 2023 as well. No dates have been announced yet, though, and they have to finish BRV first, so they may still have the old analog colder/warmer thermostats when you visit.

I will add though that we stayed in SSR (newly refurbished) this past June, and the digital thermostat was quite capable of making the room warmer as well as cooler!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter