Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

But the prices will be much higher right? I don't mind paying a couple of bucks extra for groceries, but $20 for a mediocre bottle of wine or a 6 pack? Usually you can get something better at speedway for that price
I have no idea what prices at Speedway are like - maybe you can find their website, or others here will chime in. DH and I don't keep wine or beer in our villa, so we've never been concerned with those prices.

But the prices will be much higher right? I don't mind paying a couple of bucks extra for groceries, but $20 for a mediocre bottle of wine or a 6 pack? Usually you can get something better at speedway for that price

I got a Amazon fresh delivery for snacks for the room. You don’t need to be there when they deliver. I did purchase a six pack of SweetWater Extra Pale Ale at the gas station and it was $21.

If you're walking over to the Speedway, I've heard that some people take a suitcase which has wheels so they can roll their purchase back to the hotel rather than carry it. I am not speaking from personal experience. I always have a towncar pick me up at the airport, and do a stop at a grocery store on the way to the hotel.

There has been a service which allows DVC members to place a grocery order and have the groceries delivered to their DVC room. I don't know if it is still offered since the Pandemic started. The groceries are taken from the hotel's gift shop, so we often look at the grocery list to get an idea of what groceries are for sale in the hotel gift shop and what the pricing is.

The link is here if you want to look at the list:
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...s/dvc-resorts/BWK_Grocery_Order_Form_2021.pdf

More like $36 for a 6 pack of beer. We have walked to Speedway many times for the basic beer items. Watch for the traffic, but it is really easy and way less pricey.

Of course I have us booked in the DVC villas for my cousins first Disney trip September 28 - October 4. I'm sure there will be lots of construction by then! May have to rethink, but maybe not since we would like to be near Epcot for the 40th....Ugh! Happy to have some new things coming to the Boardwalk though. Especially happy about the coffee bar!

For those who like IPAs- Dolphin has 6 packs of Phins and Feathers for $18. I brought some home with me last week :D

Of course I have us booked in the DVC villas for my cousins first Disney trip September 28 - October 4. I'm sure there will be lots of construction by then! May have to rethink, but maybe not since we would like to be near Epcot for the 40th....Ugh! Happy to have some new things coming to the Boardwalk though. Especially happy about the coffee bar!
My group and I (10 people😬) will be there at the same time (sep 30-oct 9) and IMO I think it will be worth it to be near food and wine alone but the 40th is just icing on the cake. It really depends on how much you'll be going through the lobby since you can just get out of the elevator near the gym and walk out from there if you want to avoid it, just my two cents.

My group and I (10 people😬) will be there at the same time (sep 30-oct 9) and IMO I think it will be worth it to be near food and wine alone but the 40th is just icing on the cake. It really depends on how much you'll be going through the lobby since you can just get out of the elevator near the gym and walk out from there if you want to avoid it, just my two cents.
That’s how I feel and I’ll be there from September 23-October 2

I have been thinking about it for days and couldn't come up with an IP idea unless it was Mickey/Minnie infused like the pool or Dumbo - but I doubt dumbo would be popular enough.
I immediately thought of Dumbo. They could also do Luca or Little Mermaid - both are by the sea. Pinocchio would also work but so many people don’t watch that with their kids that I doubt they’d do it.

I immediately thought of Dumbo. They could also do Luca or Little Mermaid - both are by the sea. Pinocchio would also work but so many people don’t watch that with their kids that I doubt they’d do it.
Why don’t people watch it with their kids? I’ve never heard that before.

Has there been any chatter on when the renovations start?

I've got a stay coming up in May and while I'm somewhat concerned with noise issues, I'm more concerned about if I need to keep an eye out for any "we've moved you to a different resort" type calls from Disney. I don't want to get kicked out of the EP area...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter