Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Thank you for posting a progress report:)

Although our room wasn't ready, last trip, we also got our text about 30 mins. prior to the time I estimated in OCI, so that seems pretty consistent. Looks like you probably didn't make it at 8:30 if everyone was asleep at 8, but I'm sure it was so nice going right to your room and getting settled. Epcot today? Where is your first ADR?

First ADR was at Garden Grill. All was good there.

Got to do online check-in last night for our first 9 nights of our Wedding/Honeymoon trip at BWI. So excited!!! Also got to book the first two weeks of FP+ (I guess they only load two weeks out) I can't wait to be back in the World!!!
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Are you going to be there more than 2 weeks? That's sounds heavenly. Enjoy!

A quick update of the BWI...

Our first time here and family giving me grief about switching from the Beach Club, though the verdict is still out, they think it was a good switch so far. We are on club level here. They are doing a fair amount of "work" on numerous rooms on each hallway of the CL floor. It seems to be painting but many workers around the floor during the day yesterday. It also seems like the suites on this floor are getting more work as their was more "stuff" outside their doors and sounded like more activity going in there.

When we returned after midnight last night- some lobby level floors were getting cleaned. One worker was down on his knees near the elevators with small scissors trimming the carpet! What attention to detail to keep the place looking spiffy.

CL lounge has not been too crowded and the CMs have been very nice.

Room is great - we have one facing the quiet pool- though it does have a smaller balcony with only one chair. So if you like a larger balcony, you may want to put that as a room request. There doesn't seem to be many this size on the CL floor- it is like what the Beach Club calls a dormer balcony. It does face away from the sun in the AM, which is nice- it would be hot facing the sun and I wouldn't be able to sit on it at this time when I am typing this.

Had a great day. Did dinner at Garden Grill, as this is a tradition with us. Headed over to MK via monorail to catch some first day FP. Saw Wishers from behind the castle, which was a new experience- not as good as from the front of course but not bad and a heck of a lot less crowded. Also, saw the late night electric parade- my opinion, the best time to see it because the crowds are way down- our fav viewing spot is at the Diamond Horseshoe.

If anyone has any burning questions, I would be happy to try to help answer.

Off to AK!

Our first time here and family giving me grief about switching from the Beach Club, though the verdict is still out, they think it was a good switch so far. We are on club level here. They are doing a fair amount of "work" on numerous rooms on each hallway of the CL floor. It seems to be painting but many workers around the floor during the day yesterday. It also seems like the suites on this floor are getting more work as their was more "stuff" outside their doors and sounded like more activity going in there.

When we returned after midnight last night- some lobby level floors were getting cleaned. One worker was down on his knees near the elevators with small scissors trimming the carpet! What attention to detail to keep the place looking spiffy.

CL lounge has not been too crowded and the CMs have been very nice.

Room is great - we have one facing the quiet pool- though it does have a smaller balcony with only one chair. So if you like a larger balcony, you may want to put that as a room request. There doesn't seem to be many this size on the CL floor- it is like what the Beach Club calls a dormer balcony. It does face away from the sun in the AM, which is nice- it would be hot facing the sun and I wouldn't be able to sit on it at this time when I am typing this.

Had a great day. Did dinner at Garden Grill, as this is a tradition with us. Headed over to MK via monorail to catch some first day FP. Saw Wishers from behind the castle, which was a new experience- not as good as from the front of course but not bad and a heck of a lot less crowded. Also, saw the late night electric parade- my opinion, the best time to see it because the crowds are way down- our fav viewing spot is at the Diamond Horseshoe.

Off to AK!

Is there a room layout map somewhere for the BWI? Trying to figure out which rooms are where....

What room number is the one you are in? Are all the CL room on the same floor? Sorry...never stayed at BWI, and am considering changing our resv from BC to BWI this fall....

THanks in advance!!

Is there a room layout map somewhere for the BWI? Trying to figure out which rooms are where....

What room number is the one you are in? Are all the CL room on the same floor? Sorry...never stayed at BWI, and am considering changing our resv from BC to BWI this fall....

THanks in advance!!
All CL rooms are on the 4th floor with the exception of 5 deluxe rooms which are located on the 3rd floor.

Most standard CL rooms face the courtyard and quiet pool area. Some but very few do face the boardwalk. All deluxe rooms face the boardwalk with 5 on the 4th floor and 5 on the 3rd floor.

The whole 4th floor is NOT CL so there is a door you go through to access your room and lounge.

Off to AK!

Thanks so much for the report! Garden Grill is our arrival night tradition, too. :) Arriving at BWI later this month but not staying CL this time. No availability. :( Haven't purchased a refill mug at BWI since we always stay CL, but might this time. If you happen to notice, wondering if refills are still available at the locations KOOK mentions at the beginning of this thread: BW Bakery, Seashore Sweets, Pizza Window and Leaping Horse.

Enjoy your AK day!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Are you going to be there more than 2 weeks? That's sounds heavenly. Enjoy!

We're staying for a little bit over three weeks August 7th to the 30th. A week with my fiancé's family, then the wedding, then a week with my family followed by a third week just for us!

Thought I would share some photos of our room at BWV--while not a renovated room--we liked it.

Florida%202015%2038_zpswf2ftetf.jpg

Room 4059 - BWV

Florida%202015%2039_zpsdwn1kf8h.jpg

Florida%202015%2040_zpsfojcejyb.jpg

Florida%202015%2041_zpsnpbjrfoh.jpg

Florida%202015%2042_zpsgnhp3qw1.jpg

The view from our balcony was nice and we could see the high fireworks from Illuminations. :love:

Not sure why I didn't take a photo of the vanity area--actually thought I did, but apparently not. :confused3

Room 4059..VERY NICE pics! What is the Village Green?:confused3 Was this a standard view or pool/woods view? :confused3THANKS! Seems very quiet...although not renovated, seemed very clean.:thumbsup2

THanks in advance!!

I see someone replied about the CL room detail. For the part of the building that rims around the boardwalk, I can tell you the low number rooms like 4201 is at the end of the resort that would be nearest to the ESPN club, the higher numbered rooms go back toward the middle area of the resort. The lowest, odd numbered rooms face towards EPCOT and they are on a short wing, farthest from the elevator. The courtyard facing rooms look out at the diamond shaped green area on the resort map which is at the beginning of the thread and they all seem to be even number rooms.

There are other rooms that go around the other side of the Inn side but don't know how they are numbered. They would not be club level. If you aren't doing deluxe, the courtyard view is very nice, beautiful trees and flowers.

I will post my room number with pics when I get back.

Room 4059..VERY NICE pics! What is the Village Green?:confused3 Was this a standard view or pool/woods view? :confused3THANKS! Seems very quiet...although not renovated, seemed very clean.:thumbsup2

The Village Green area is the grass area on the boardwalk side of the resort, behind where they rent the surrey bikes. It is a pool/garden view as the "boardwalk" view is limited. You can see it in the last photo of the post you quoted.

Denise

The Village Green area is the grass area on the boardwalk side of the resort, behind where they rent the surrey bikes. It is a pool/garden view as the "boardwalk" view is limited. You can see it in the last photo of the post you quoted.

Denise
THANKS for your reply! This setting seems perfect for me..wouldn't like boardwalk view anyway because of noise..enjoy more quiet setting.:cheer2:

Thanks so much for the report! Garden Grill is our arrival night tradition, too. :) Arriving at BWI later this month but not staying CL this time. No availability. :( Haven't purchased a refill mug at BWI since we always stay CL, but might this time. If you happen to notice, wondering if refills are still available at the locations KOOK mentions at the beginning of this thread: BW Bakery, Seashore Sweets, Pizza Window and Leaping Horse.

Enjoy your AK day!
I don't think they do refills in Seashore Sweets anymore. The other you mentioned do.

This was a preferred view (pool/garden) versus a standard view. The Village Green is the grassy area between the BWI/BWV verandah and the Boardwalk itself. It is directly behind the bicycle rental place on the Boardwalk. It was a lovely view and we could see Spaceship Earth and Illuminations high fireworks at night. We were near the elevators, not far from stairs either. The room was clean and quiet. We enjoyed it and are looking forward to our return in October for Food & Wine Festival. We have already requested Village Green, but may try a lower floor this time. In fact, we are trying to figure out our dates for next May as well. :dogdance:

This was a preferred view (pool/garden) versus a standard view. The Village Green is the grassy area between the BWI/BWV verandah and the Boardwalk itself. It is directly behind the bicycle rental place on the Boardwalk. It was a lovely view and we could see Spaceship Earth and Illuminations high fireworks at night. We were near the elevators, not far from stairs either. The room was clean and quiet. We enjoyed it and are looking forward to our return in October for Food & Wine Festival. We have already requested Village Green, but may try a lower floor this time. In fact, we are trying to figure out our dates for next May as well. :dogdance:

This room must be almost across from the room we stayed in this past April. We had a pool view (booked thru Orbitz), but I like your view too. We loved the location! Did you have a full balcony with railing? My only disappointment was that our balcony had the solid front, so we couldn't see much while sitting. It was spacious, though, so I still enjoyed having my tea in the morning!
We are planning our next stay in April! Unfortunately, we wanted to rent a standard view this time to save a little $, but one night is already unavailable! I think we are just going to go with the the garden/pool view:) A little more than $50 extra a night, but over 4 nights, that's not going to break the bank.
Thanks for sharing your pics!

This room must be almost across from the room we stayed in this past April. We had a pool view (booked thru Orbitz), but I like your view too. We loved the location! Did you have a full balcony with railing? My only disappointment was that our balcony had the solid front, so we couldn't see much while sitting. It was spacious, though, so I still enjoyed having my tea in the morning!
We are planning our next stay in April! Unfortunately, we wanted to rent a standard view this time to save a little $, but one night is already unavailable! I think we are just going to go with the the garden/pool view:) A little more than $50 extra a night, but over 4 nights, that's not going to break the bank.
Thanks for sharing your pics!

We did have a full balcony (two chairs and a table) with a rail rather than a solid front. Not that it matters much to us--we are both so short that when we sit our view is through the slats--can't see over the rail. :rotfl:

Hope your date comes through for you in April. We booked our May stay just a day or two after the 7 month window and had a tough time getting all the dates--it took a waitlist and maybe a week or so for all of the days to become available. We wanted BCV, but that was an impossible get at 7 months. We were booking the May stay through a co-worker who is a DVC owner, but not at BWV or BCV. When we booked for the fall, we did it at around the 10 month mark and due to F&W we had a difficult time putting all of the days together that we wanted. We were happy to get the dates we wanted (at BWV), but again--we could only get a day or two at a time at BCV. We really did enjoy our BWV stay and happy to be returning in the fall. We may try for BCV in the spring, then again :confused3--why mess with a good thing. :dancer:

Hey has anyone stayed in one of the Outer Bldg - Garden Room - Club Level Access (cottages). I'm interested to hear what your experience was like.

VERY nice! enjoy!:banana:

You would think I would know this, but in 13 years of owning BWV, I've only had garden/pool view once, and it was a Village Green room. Do any of the rooms with this view have a view of ToT??

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter