Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We checked out of BWI on 1/24 and checked in to GF lagoon view. I preferred BWI over GF. Our room was larger and the Boardwalk view beat the lagoon view monorail view hands down. We loved GF. I ended our trip with GF thinking that it would be the better of the 2. I was wrong. I wished we had ended at BWI or even stayed the entire trip at BWI.
Weenjoyed the Belle Vue Lounge. The convenience to Epcot, DHS, & evenAK in comparison. The laid back feel and the home feeling. I’m currently trying to talk DH into DVC lol. GF was worth it and absolutely beautiful. BWI just feels like home all the way around.

I'm really curious...is the BWI scheduled for a refurbishment any time soon? It seems to be the next deluxe on the list that has not had a refurb in a while. I'd like to stay here but I'm waiting for refreshed rooms.

BW doesn't seem to get the appreciation it deserves.

I'm really curious...is the BWI scheduled for a refurbishment any time soon? It seems to be the next deluxe on the list that has not had a refurb in a while. I'd like to stay here but I'm waiting for refreshed rooms.

Great question....one I've been asking too. I agree that it's beyond time for a refresh. The YC rooms are so much cleaner and brighter...getting rid of the carpeting was the best idea! We stay BWI CL Deluxe, mostly for the guaranteed boardwalk view but it also has the best CL service to be found!

We checked out of BWI on 1/24 and checked in to GF lagoon view. I preferred BWI over GF. Our room was larger and the Boardwalk view beat the lagoon view monorail view hands down. We loved GF. I ended our trip with GF thinking that it would be the better of the 2. I was wrong. I wished we had ended at BWI or even stayed the entire trip at BWI.
We enjoyed the Belle Vue Lounge. The convenience to Epcot, DHS, & even AK in comparison. The laid back feel and the home feeling. I’m currently trying to talk DH into DVC lol. GF was worth it and absolutely beautiful. BWI just feels like home all the way around.

That sounds so so wonderful. We stayed two nights at the GF on our last trip, and I was a little underwhelmed - although the convenience to MK was great. I'm counting the hours almost until we get there for our stay!

I haven't asked since before the Covid shut down but when I asked management I was told they have no knowledge of it getting a refurb. They admitted that even management could be one of the last to know. LOL

I made similar comments, it is in dire need.

The only thing I want them to keep is the darling little Minnie Mouse lamp. If they do remove those, I really want to buy one. If it ever starts I'm checking the ebay seller with all the old hotel furniture every day

This thread is huge so my apologies if this is somewhere. The refillable mugs I know have a station at boardwalk bakery but is there one at leaping libations? By the pools?

This thread is huge so my apologies if this is somewhere. The refillable mugs I know have a station at boardwalk bakery but is there one at leaping libations? By the pools?
Not self service, but you can ask the bartenders for refills. (FYI- my last trip was February 2020.)

The only thing I want them to keep is the darling little Minnie Mouse lamp. If they do remove those, I really want to buy one. If it ever starts I'm checking the ebay seller with all the old hotel furniture every day
They were cute when they were new. We've stayed in rooms where the lamps haven't been cleaned properly in ages and the crevices are caked with gray dust. That kind of creeps me out. I love staying at Boardwalk, but it needs some attention, both on the Inn side and the Villa side.

They were cute when they were new. We've stayed in rooms where the lamps haven't been cleaned properly in ages and the crevices are caked with gray dust. That kind of creeps me out. I love staying at Boardwalk, but it needs some attention, both on the Inn side and the Villa side.
Reminds me of home. Lol

Anyone have recent advice on garden view rooms? I'd like something not too far from lobby but quiet...
The 2nd floor which is lobby level has rooms that are nice and close to the lobby...but beware Boardwalk has some loooong hallways ...lol...I'd suggest close to lobby as a first request...there is one hallway that is short..room number 2278 to 2266 (66 has a king bed per Touring Plans)..and super close to lobby.. with rooms on only one side...it has no foot traffic other than the people in those particular rooms...78 is closer to the lobby though..so more cross traffic...66 at the farthest end of the hall...as you can tell I love room location detains..lol!!! Maybe request 2nd floor close to lobby..rooms 2276 to 2268...the picture..which I cannot seem to turn :blush:...shows the location..overlooking the inner courtyard..which is garden view..it's a lovely area for balcony sitting too...HTH...
20210709_064353.jpg

The 2nd floor which is lobby level has rooms that are nice and close to the lobby...but beware Boardwalk has some loooong hallways ...lol...I'd suggest close to lobby as a first request...there is one hallway that is short..room number 2278 to 2266 (66 has a king bed per Touring Plans)..and super close to lobby.. with rooms on only one side...it has no foot traffic other than the people in those particular rooms...78 is closer to the lobby though..so more cross traffic...66 at the farthest end of the hall...as you can tell I love room location detains..lol!!! Maybe request 2nd floor close to lobby..rooms 2276 to 2268...the picture..which I cannot seem to turn :blush:...shows the location..overlooking the inner courtyard..which is garden view..it's a lovely area for balcony sitting too...HTH...
View attachment 643632
Wow! That is some good advice! Ty

Anyone stayed at club level recently? Any reviews would be appreciated as I am looking to book CL later in the year. Do they still make fresh hot food or is it all premade and packaged now?

Anyone stayed at club level recently? Any reviews would be appreciated as I am looking to book CL later in the year. Do they still make fresh hot food or is it all premade and packaged now?

I have not been to BWI CL yet, but here is a video from YouTube showing the more recent offerings. You can also visit the Club Level thread, where you will find pictures from recent stays. Hope that helps!

Wow! That is some good advice! Ty
You're very welcome! :flower3:
Great video @mrsap...thanks for sharing that link! I might have more than one BWI CL trip booked for this year :cool1::littleangel:...and and am happy to see that things are almost as enjoyable as they were before...almost because... come on Disney...bring back some midday offerings!!! Miss Vicki's chips as yummy as they are will not cut it...lol!!

You're very welcome! :flower3:
Great video @mrsap...thanks for sharing that link! I might have more than one BWI CL trip booked for this year :cool1::littleangel:...and and am happy to see that things are almost as enjoyable as they were before...almost because... come on Disney...bring back some midday offerings!!! Miss Vicki's chips as yummy as they are will not cut it...lol!!

You’re welcome! I’m looking forward to our 1st CL stay here!!! We were booked for 2020, but of course, was canceled. 😕 It looks amazing and we’re excited to try it!! We have a few months to go, but please take some pictures for us when you go!!! Hope you have a great time!!

We checked in yesterday and I am absolutely in love with this place. We booked a Garden View room and I had scoured the photos on the Touring Plans website and requested a high floor even number, facing towards Epcot in the hope of seeing the Eiffel Tower and fireworks. So was initially disappointed when we got our room notification and it was an odd numbered room. But… we basically have a water view. And the balcony is huge. And we can see the magic kingdom fireworks above the YC/BC. It’s amazing. (I pixie dusted the check in desk with candy from Michigan and a card saying it was our first time here and we are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. We got in around 10am and our room wasn’t ready yet. So maybe that helped?) We walked to Epcot for Harmonious last night and are walking to HS today.

and the view this morning

We checked in yesterday and I am absolutely in love with this place. We booked a Garden View room and I had scoured the photos on the Touring Plans website and requested a high floor even number, facing towards Epcot in the hope of seeing the Eiffel Tower and fireworks. So was initially disappointed when we got our room notification and it was an odd numbered room. But… we basically have a water view. And the balcony is huge. And we can see the magic kingdom fireworks above the YC/BC. It’s amazing. (I pixie dusted the check in desk with candy from Michigan and a card saying it was our first time here and we are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. We got in around 10am and our room wasn’t ready yet. So maybe that helped?) We walked to Epcot for Harmonious last night and are walking to HS today.

View attachment 644157

and the view this morning
View attachment 644158
Is this room 4277 by any chance? If so, lucccckkky! That is one fine balcony!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter