Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Quick question, we are at the airport currently suffering a 12 hour flight delay getting to Orlando. Can someone tell me if the BWI still has late night room service and if so how late? Right now they are telling us we might land around midnight. If our plane ever gets here. Not a good start to our trip. :(
You must be flying American Airlines? They're having HUGE issues today..more than normal and thats saying ALOT

Quick question, we are at the airport currently suffering a 12 hour flight delay getting to Orlando. Can someone tell me if the BWI still has late night room service and if so how late? Right now they are telling us we might land around midnight. If our plane ever gets here. Not a good start to our trip. :(

PP is correct, Grand Floridian is the only resort currently offering in-room dining.

Good luck with your travels!

Hey! How did you make out?! What time did you end up getting there?!

The plane finally left around 10:30 last night. It was a long 12 hours waiting in the airport! :(

Once we landed in Orlando we had some luggage issues and then DME was a nightmare. So we took at taxi around 2:30 am and got to bed around 4:00 am this morning.o_O

MK was crazy crowded today so we didn’t stay long. Went to Epcot and had a delicious walk-in lunch at Tutto Gusto. I didn’t know they had the full menu there, the salmon was amazing. Lines for the festival booths were long so we are now back at the BWI resting. This is gonna be a very laid back trip I think.

The plane finally left around 10:30 last night. It was a long 12 hours waiting in the airport! :(

Once we landed in Orlando we had some luggage issues and then DME was a nightmare. So we took at taxi around 2:30 am and got to bed around 4:00 am this morning.o_O

MK was crazy crowded today so we didn’t stay long. Went to Epcot and had a delicious walk-in lunch at Tutto Gusto. I didn’t know they had the full menu there, the salmon was amazing. Lines for the festival booths were long so we are now back at the BWI resting. This is gonna be a very laid back trip I think.
Sorry for the tough start to your trip! I hope the rest of your vacation is smooth sailing :goodvibes

Aww! I’m sorry your trip got off to a rough start, but I hope the rest of your trip makes up for it!! Have a great time!!! 🙂

View from my room at Boardwalk villas.. 5093. My daughter is deathly afraid of ToT and I requested this room....via the DVC owner from whom I rented points..partially so she can see it every day and not be so intimidated.
View attachment 595289

I like your style. Most parents would just argue with a CM to move TOT to another state during their trip to accommodate their child.

View from my room at Boardwalk villas.. 5093. My daughter is deathly afraid of ToT and I requested this room....via the DVC owner from whom I rented points..partially so she can see it every day and not be so intimidated.

Interesting theory. If I were deathly afraid of something and had to see it every day, I would have nightmares about it. Maybe your daughter isn't as likely to have bad dreams as I am.

Seeing the flight issues makes me worried! I am headed down in January so hopefully staffing is better as it's the end of the month.

For those of you who have rope dropped from BWI....what time do you arrive at HS? I heard it's a 20 minute walk from the resort?

For those of you who have rope dropped from BWI....what time do you arrive at HS? I heard it's a 20 minute walk from the resort?
We went yesterday. We left around 7:25 and walked up. We were the first at our tapstyle, and it filled in pretty heavily behind us.

We went yesterday. We left around 7:25 and walked up. We were the first at our tapstyle, and it filled in pretty heavily behind us.

Thank you! That's exactly what I wondered. so 7:25ish, 7:30 is a good time to leave BWI. How long were you held at the turnstyle? After that, they let you walk forward to another holding place to get in line for a certain ride before they officially rope drop?

Thank you! That's exactly what I wondered. so 7:25ish, 7:30 is a good time to leave BWI. How long were you held at the turnstyle? After that, they let you walk forward to another holding place to get in line for a certain ride before they officially rope drop?
Yes. Unfortunately I didn’t do a great job of tracking time yesterday morning. I know they let us though before 8:30 because I was surprised at got early it was.
They had different CMs holding signs for different areas. We went for Slinky and we were right under the archway waiting until they started walking us. We were on the second train. When we were walking down after the ride, the line was already down to the bottom of the hill

I'll double that they are letting people in early at HS. We walked from BWI a couple weeks ago and even though were in the park before 9 and right at the MMRR queue at 9, the line was already posted as 85 minutes. It took about 60 minutes from the start of the queue to ride exit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter