Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Others have covered the basics of your query but here are some additional details. The BWI Guest laundry is near the 3rd floor elevators and are available 24 hrs per day. As @Best Aunt indicated the laundry view web site offers real time status of the machines.

Also the machines take Debit and Credit cards. They have a vending machine with HE Soap, Rinse and Dryer sheets but you might want to throw your own products in your luggage if you have sensitivity issues. Soap pods and a few dryer sheets don't take up much room.

Dave
Thank you for the details!

We will be there in 2 weeks!!! MK opens at 8. I doubt we are at the bus stop by 630 but will be there before 7. How long have the waits been for a bus? How many are let on? Is there a CM monitoring the situation? I hate confrontation but it's overwhelming when people hop on a bus before those that have been waiting. We were there in November but rented a car. Hoping I don't regret not renting one but only using a car for 2 parks seems like a waste of $. Thank you! PS-beautiful photos!

We will be there in 2 weeks!!! MK opens at 8. I doubt we are at the bus stop by 630 but will be there before 7. How long have the waits been for a bus? How many are let on? Is there a CM monitoring the situation? I hate confrontation but it's overwhelming when people hop on a bus before those that have been waiting. We were there in November but rented a car. Hoping I don't regret not renting one but only using a car for 2 parks seems like a waste of $. Thank you! PS-beautiful photos!
We were there a couple of weeks ago. The first bus got there around 7. We got down about 6:45 and got on that bus. No CM there but everything was fine. No fighting or anyone trying to cut in line. Everyone was lined up right away even before the bus arrived. I would say they fill half of the seats and no standing. The whole week we only had one time where someone seemed like they were gonna cut in line in front of us and we just stepped in front of them so they couldn't and that was at a different resort. I really wouldn't stress over it. Oh and we did use the app to try to check on the arrival times. Not always totally accurate but it did help to at least give us an approximate idea on when to expect the bus.

Last edited:
We were there a couple of weeks ago. The first bus got there around 7. We got down about 6:45 and got on that bus. No CM there but everything was fine. No fighting or anyone trying to cut in line. Everyone was lined up right away even before the bus arrived. I would say they fill half of the seats and no standing. The whole week we only had one time where someone seemed like they were gonna cut in line in front of us and we just stepped in front of them so they couldn't and that was at a different resort. I really wouldn't stress over it. Oh and we did use the app to try to check on the arrival times. Not always totally accurate but it did help to at least give us an approximate idea on when to expect the bus.

Do you mean the MyDisneyExperience App shows approx wait times for buses at the resorts and parks?

Hey Guys, we are planning our first trip and staying at the BWI. Is the Garden Room worth the slight upgrade over the Standard room? I think it works out to $150 more over the 5 night trip. Thanks!

Hey Guys, we are planning our first trip and staying at the BWI. Is the Garden Room worth the slight upgrade over the Standard room? I think it works out to $150 more over the 5 night trip. Thanks!
Probably depends on the amount of time you would end up spending on the balcony. The Standard rooms have some parking lot views/roof gravel (I think) views. Garden view would at least be greenery.

Okay, thanks for explaining that.
When we were at a park we would check the app and it would say what time the bus was expected at the resort and what time it was expected to arrive at the park but it wasn't really accurate. We were hoping it would give us an idea on what time to expect it at the park since it doesn't really tell you that.

When we were at a park we would check the app and it would say what time the bus was expected at the resort and what time it was expected to arrive at the park but it wasn't really accurate. We were hoping it would give us an idea on what time to expect it at the park since it doesn't really tell you that.

hmmm ok. How often are the buses supposed to come?

Thank you! What do you mean by people were lined up? Last time I waited for a bus was precovid so BWI & BWV were both open. Nobody lined up, just got on the bus when it arrived bc everyone got on. Your info is encouraging!

Thank you! What do you mean by people were lined up? Last time I waited for a bus was precovid so BWI & BWV were both open. Nobody lined up, just got on the bus when it arrived bc everyone got on. Your info is encouraging!
Yeah in the past people would be sitting on the benches or just standing around but I think because of social distancing and the fact that they reduced capacity people would actually form a line. It wasn't something that the resort did people just did it on their own.

So in normal times is there a need to form a line? Seems from what I just read that lines are not usually the case pre covid?

So in normal times is there a need to form a line? Seems from what I just read that lines are not usually the case pre covid?
No usually in normal times there isn't an actual line. People usually just line up once the bus is actually there. They are usually pretty good too about being mindful of not getting in the line in front of people who have been waiting longer than them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter