Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Does Les Halles open with the rest of World Showcase or does it open earlier?
Sorry I can't answer questions about BW Inn side or about breakfast and refillable mugs (we stay DVC and fix breakfast in our villa), but I can tell you that all of WS, including Les Halles, opens with Epcot. Official opening time is currently 11:00 AM, but reports are that guests are being admitted around 45 minutes earlier than that.

BWI has the bakery on the boardwalk that you can refill mugs at as well as get several food items, snacks, sandwiches etc. There’s also the Bellevue Lounge that I would refill coffee at every morning. They also had items for breakfast I believe but I never ate there.

Hi everyone! I'm a Disney veteran that's never stayed at the Boardwalk before but it was one of the few resorts available for our dates the week after Thanksgiving. I booked a garden view room. If you could please share some tips and some of the things that you love about this resort I would appreciate it! We are used to the food courts at the values and moderates so is there a place for a quick breakfast and refillable mug stations? I am really going to enjoy the close proximity to Epcot. Does Les Halles open with the rest of World Showcase or does it open earlier? Thank you in advance for all of your advice!

You might find some of this interesting (reminder that you can click on a link even if it appears to still be loading):
https://www.disboards.com/threads/boardwalk-villas-tips-and-tricks.3832197/

Please, please, please DO NOT order pizza from the window at the boardwalk. Possibly the worst on property. No, it is the worst on property. Even worse than Pizza Rizzo and we love that character.

Hi, hello, welcome to my park.........
No, it isn't. We had one last week and it was rather good. Took it back to our villa to eat with our non-Coke product beverages.

No, it isn't. We had one last week and it was rather good. Took it back to our villa to eat with our non-Coke product beverages.

Based on this I am willing to give it another try when we get there 7/20 and give it a re-review. The wife however swears she will never try it again.

In all fairness she doesn't like any pizza other than Chicago deep dish.

Based on this I am willing to give it another try when we get there 7/20 and give it a re-review. The wife however swears she will never try it again.

In all fairness she doesn't like any pizza other than Chicago deep dish.

I think we might give it a try also when we are there late July. I think it would be a later evening snack if we are still hungry for something. :)

It definitely goes to show how people have particular tastes in pizza. I’m not a pizza snob or anything but Chicago deep dish is by far my least favorite style. No offense meant.

Dan

Frozen whole pizza put on a conveyor belt that was burnt on the bottom and raw on top. It was like the oven needed to be calibrated. There was also little to no sauce on the two that we ordered.
Such a bummer. I could see the window being "hit or miss."

We went in March '21 and it was a"hit" for us. In fact, we had it 2x in 4 days bc other food was so hard to come by at that time. Was it amazing? No. Was it decent? Yes. Much better than Pinocchio's and Rizzo's IMO. It was pretty standard "mall food court" pizza to me. It got the job done. LOL

OT, but nothing can be worse than the pizza window outside of Via Napoli. That place (to me) is the worst pizza on property. Don’t be fooled by its proximity to the best pizza on property.

OT, but nothing can be worse than the pizza window outside of Via Napoli. That place (to me) is the worst pizza on property. Don’t be fooled by its proximity to the best pizza on property.
I have heard that before and it makes no sense. You would think it would be just as good. That would be really disappointing to go there expecting it to be as good and it isn't.

Weirdly some if fhe best Pizza we have ever had on property was at ASSports. The next time we go back and order two they both had big black bubbles all across the crust and middle of the pies that just looked horrible, had no cheese or sauce on them. Didn't look at them until we got back to the room and walked them both back to the food court. Chef Bret was there and got us two new ones in less than two minutes and they were great. Guessing it could also be a supplier issue.

Weirdly some if fhe best Pizza we have ever had on property was at ASSports. The next time we go back and order two they both had big black bubbles all across the crust and middle of the pies that just looked horrible, had no cheese or sauce on them. Didn't look at them until we got back to the room and walked them both back to the food court. Chef Bret was there and got us two new ones in less than two minutes and they were great. Guessing it could also be a supplier issue.
I am glad you got new ones instead of just 'tossing them into the trash' as so many people report doing with subpar food orders. Disney can make things right but only if you tell them.

It's my understanding there is laundry onsite at BWI. Can someone tell me if it's coin operated or if you can use a card? Do they have laundry soap available for purchase? We will be staying a week at end of the summer and I only own 5 pairs of shorts. There will definitely be a need to wash close mid week. Thanks in advance....

It's my understanding there is laundry onsite at BWI. Can someone tell me if it's coin operated or if you can use a card? Do they have laundry soap available for purchase? We will be staying a week at end of the summer and I only own 5 pairs of shorts. There will definitely be a need to wash close mid week. Thanks in advance....

I can't answer your questions, but you might find this helpful. It shows you which machines in the room are in use and which are not. (Reminder that you can click on the link even if it appears that it is still loading):
https://www.laundryview.com/home/8181/4567531/BOARDWALK-INN/BOARDWALK-INN

Last edited:
No cash, only credit card. Yes, they have a machine in the laundry room that sells soap, etc.

Please, please, please DO NOT order pizza from the window at the boardwalk. Possibly the worst on property. No, it is the worst on property. Even worse than Pizza Rizzo and we love that character.

Hi, hello, welcome to my park.........

Frozen whole pizza put on a conveyor belt that was burnt on the bottom and raw on top. It was like the oven needed to be calibrated. There was also little to no sauce on the two that we ordered.

Oh man, we had the exact opposite experience there this past Saturday. Our pizza was really good. Also, I saw them stretching the dough so it wasn't pre-made. Ours was even a bit lopsided so it definitely wasn't made ahead of time. The pizza window is inside of trattoria al forno, I think? they get their stuff from there. Not 100% sure but when we were eating breakfast we saw them taking stuff inside the little booth.

It's my understanding there is laundry onsite at BWI. Can someone tell me if it's coin operated or if you can use a card?
Others have covered the basics of your query but here are some additional details. The BWI Guest laundry is near the 3rd floor elevators and are available 24 hrs per day. As @Best Aunt indicated the laundry view web site offers real time status of the machines.

Also the machines take Debit and Credit cards. They have a vending machine with HE Soap, Rinse and Dryer sheets but you might want to throw your own products in your luggage if you have sensitivity issues. Soap pods and a few dryer sheets don't take up much room.

Dave

We‘ve had the same experience with the pizza window at Via Napoli. Amazing pizza in the restaurant but mediocre at the window. It’s absolutely mind boggling. They do however have the Morretti la Rosa at the window so that’s some consolation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter