Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

thank you! :-)
you have just saved us looking like numpty's bringing our towels down with us on the first day! :-D

We arrive in 10 days for our 3rd stay at Boardwalk. Arriving may 21 and leave may 26. Looking forward to 24 hour event and clown pool(never had chance to use pool on other trips)

We used to do that as well. Parks every day. Maybe a swim after an early AK day, but never really took the time to enjoy the resort. We really enjoy the Boardwalk resort. Have a great trip.

I am looking at the map for BWV and I only see an elevator near the lobby area. Is that the only one and are there steps at other locations that allow you to get out of the hotel without having to use the elevators?

People make it sound terrible to move about the BWV because of the only one elevator. And, maybe we should let them as less people will stay here. :lmao:

It really isn't that bad. Last time, we had a standard view on the ground floor, close to the water fountain in the front yard. I thought it was going to be a bad walk, but it wasn't. You can exit those front door and walk across the sidewalk to get on the bus stop withy cutting through the resort. You can also exit the interior stairs to the quiet pool and get out to the walkway to DHS or onto the Boardwalk. It is a much shorter walk than around AK resort or walks from far away locations at the other resorts.

Can anyone tell me a little about the standard view rooms at the Boardwalk? Are there any located closer to the lobby? Any real bad views? We are contemplating a stay in the fall and while we don't normally book a standard view room at any resort, that's all that is showing for availability with our current discount. This would be a first time stay here for us.

TIA.

Standard View face the front of the resort. See above post, as I enjoyed the further away from the lobby/ elevator. I've also had a view on the 2nd or 3rd floor (?) near the elevator, which was super convenient, but was loud when suitcases were being loaded for DME.

Silly question. If you get a boardwalk view room do you smell the restaurants? If we were above the sweet shop, would I smell baked goodies? Or garlicpopcorn::

DD got engaged a few weeks ago so instead of going down for a week long Food & Wine trip (that we have never done) we are going to cut it short so BF doesn't' have to use too many days for leave. We were going to stay at CBR which was going to be our 1st time but now with the quick trip and F&W we decided to stay a Boardwalk. So my question is I was thinking of surprising them with a water view but is it worth the upgrade? I saw the pics of being able to see parts of Epcot and I thought that looked cool too. So should I go for the water view or standard view?

DD got engaged a few weeks ago so instead of going down for a week long Food & Wine trip (that we have never done) we are going to cut it short so BF doesn't' have to use too many days for leave. We were going to stay at CBR which was going to be our 1st time but now with the quick trip and F&W we decided to stay a Boardwalk. So my question is I was thinking of surprising them with a water view but is it worth the upgrade? I saw the pics of being able to see parts of Epcot and I thought that looked cool too. So should I go for the water view or standard view?

I would suggest looking at some of the pics on page 1 to see what you think. We loved the water view on the Inn side, and now that we're DVC, we always spend the extra points to get the water view on the Villas side. So we think it's worth it. :). It's all subjective though. I'm sure there are just as many people who will say since you tend not to spend as much time in the room on a Disney trip that it's not worth it.

Like psac said, you'll get lots of answers. Ultimately, it is in the eye of the beholder. I enjoy the night entertainment on the Boardwalk, will look up at the balconies, and be a little envious of the people standing/ sitting there. But, when we book again, I still take the standard view because it is cheaper.

I just saw the thread about issues with the temperature/thermostats at the Beach Club post-renovation. Do the rooms at BWI have this issue? In other words, do I need to worry about figuring out how to override the thermostat? I can't sleep with the temp above 70...

I booked my dining today for my short adults only trip in the fall! CANNOT WAIT TO STAY HERE FOR THE FIRST TIME! Now if they could release some fall AP discounts, that would be really helpful!

All the Wilderness Lodge DVC expansion news has gotten me behind on other threads:flower3:

Will be staying here for the very first time come this dec. for the disapalooza!

YIPPEE and welcome to the thread.

We just arrived back last night from 6 days at the BWI. This was our first stay and we had a great time! The rooms was beautiful with two different balconies on a corner room. Loved the high ceilings and the king bed we were given! I felt the room was nicer than our past rooms at the GF and BC. The Luna Pool was fun and never crowded. So glad we tried a new resort and the walk to DHS was perfection as well as Epcot!

Thanks for posting about your first stay and I hope you get to book another trip to WDW soon.

thank you! :-)
you have just saved us looking like numpty's bringing our towels down with us on the first day! :-D

:rotfl:

Believe me, it's pretty hard to look silly at WDW. I don't think anyone would even look at you funny. I believe the Value resorts don't have towels poolside or maybe that was long ago (?), so your question isn't a bad one at all and some people bring their own beach towels from home.

Do all rooms have daybeds or do only some like the Yacht and Beach club?

Yes, they all have a daybed.

Silly question. If you get a boardwalk view room do you smell the restaurants? If we were above the sweet shop, would I smell baked goodies? Or garlicpopcorn::

Not silly. We had the room directly above and to the right of Flying Fish and I don't recall any smells. But, I can't comment on SS or the BWB.

I just saw the thread about issues with the temperature/thermostats at the Beach Club post-renovation. Do the rooms at BWI have this issue? In other words, do I need to worry about figuring out how to override the thermostat? I can't sleep with the temp above 70...

Sounds like it has a sensor at BC, our CR room had one, too. They may also have them now, post-rehab, at BWI. I last stayed there pre-rehab so I don't know:listen:

I booked my dining today for my short adults only trip in the fall! CANNOT WAIT TO STAY HERE FOR THE FIRST TIME! Now if they could release some fall AP discounts, that would be really helpful!

I hope you can apply your discount soon.

Got a room at BWI later in the year (standard view). What are the requests you can make when doing online check in for a standard room? Also, is it possible to be able to request a room on the same level of the hotel as the lobby? Or is that not an option.

Did you talk to tech support? Or a reservation CM?
So I had at first spoken to reservation and then called Tech this past Monday they should be here tomorrow! Yay for glitches involving my legal name not matching the name I go by and thus being different on my magic band.

I have another question though. We signed up to do a DVC tour, was offered the free gift card after the tour. Does anyone know how long it should be? We aren't planning to buy at all, but we would like to one day after we're both finished with college and a little more stable in our careers. It's a pipe dream for now.

I have another question though. We signed up to do a DVC tour, was offered the free gift card after the tour. Does anyone know how long it should be? We aren't planning to buy at all, but we would like to one day after we're both finished with college and a little more stable in our careers. It's a pipe dream for now.

I don't remember it being more than a few hours, but that was many years ago. It wasn't a hard sales pitch. My dds enjoyed the lemonade and stickers, and I enjoyed the downtime.

Got a room at BWI later in the year (standard view). What are the requests you can make when doing online check in for a standard room? Also, is it possible to be able to request a room on the same level of the hotel as the lobby? Or is that not an option.
You can request 2nd floor during online check in which is where the lobby is located. If I remember correctly the choices were a bunch of different floors, highest floor, near elevator, maybe near lobby too, and Boardwalk view ( which doesn't pertain to standard view).

Hi all! I just found this thread, as I am seriously thinking about staying at the Boardwalk next year.It will probably be me, and my adult nephew and niece, so I'm thinking a studio would work just fine. I must admit, I'm a bit overwhelmed. There looks like there is a lot to learn!

First question: Would someone tell me, or point me to a post, that explains the different views and how to go about picking a location to try and request?

Hi all! I just found this thread, as I am seriously thinking about staying at the Boardwalk next year.It will probably be me, and my adult nephew and niece, so I'm thinking a studio would work just fine. I must admit, I'm a bit overwhelmed. There looks like there is a lot to learn!

First question: Would someone tell me, or point me to a post, that explains the different views and how to go about picking a location to try and request?
Studios are only BWV. If you book cash stay, standard view is usually the same as water/garden views for DVC points. DVC points stays are standard (along the front drive) and preferred. Preferred consists of two view - water/garden and BW. BWview is only available for points stays. Preferred is usually the same as garden/water view but not along the front drive.

Studios are only BWV. If you book cash stay, standard view is usually the same as water/garden views for DVC points. DVC points stays are standard (along the front drive) and preferred. Preferred consists of two view - water/garden and BW. BWview is only available for points stays. Preferred is usually the same as garden/water view but not along the front drive.
So this is interesting me. We are planning to book a one bedroom villa using the Disney reservation system. By doing that this sounds like I don't have to pick a view. We would get a garden/wa so this is interesting me. We are planning to book a one bedroom villa using the Disney reservation system. By doing that this sounds like I don't have to pick a view. We would gArden/water view?

I apologize if this has been answered already in the thread, but I saw that the BWV rooms are getting a refurb this year, and I know some of them are finished...are all of the studios done? Or is it safe to say they will be done by September? I'd love to stay there but I really can't stand the look of the old rooms!

So this is interesting me. We are planning to book a one bedroom villa using the Disney reservation system. By doing that this sounds like I don't have to pick a view. We would get a garden/wa so this is interesting me. We are planning to book a one bedroom villa using the Disney reservation system. By doing that this sounds like I don't have to pick a view. We would gArden/water view?

That's exactly correct. The water/garden views are views of the main (clown) pool, the villas quiet pool, the canal going towards DHS, etc. Generally good views!

I apologize if this has been answered already in the thread, but I saw that the BWV rooms are getting a refurb this year, and I know some of them are finished...are all of the studios done? Or is it safe to say they will be done by September? I'd love to stay there but I really can't stand the look of the old rooms!

They're not all done yet, but in progress. As with most Disney construction, no ETA on completion. Just sometime this year. You could definitely request a refurbished room to help your chances!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter