• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

As BCV owners, we decided to venture out of our element and spend 5 nights at the BWVs! We had room 4063 overlooking the courtyard. Weather was relatively cool but the pool was doable for mid-day breaks. The BW was definitely quiet with limited activities and some restaurant closures. I have to say, the staff was great during our whole stay! We had no luck with ROTR boarding groups trying exactly at 7:00 AM on 3 of our mornings. We simply chose another park after that and went our way. I've attached a picture of the view from our room and a couple of Christmas decoration pictures for your enjoyment! We'll be heading back to home base [BCV] in January which was supposed to be for MW but will make the best of it with the early start for festival of the arts! Any questions, just let me know!

View from 4063.JPGTree On Green .JPGLobby Picture.JPG

Is the pool still open? If so, are they still providing towels at the pool?
They started about an hour before opening when we were there the first week of December. In our case it was 9:00 AM for a 10:00 AM opening. We opted to walk.

Here now. We got some pixie dust and were complimentary upgraded from a standard studio to a Pool View Dedicated Studio. Very large villa as this is in the bend of a building. Pool is open but a bit chilly this week. Boats were running before 9 am as I saw them from our balcony. Will be trying for RotR tomorrow. CM said the Luna Slide reveal is 'coming soon' (Disney speak for I really don't know but it sounds good).

Just returned from our quick trip last weekend. Its been a year since we've been on property, we usually stay 5-6 times per year. BWV didn't disappoint. From the moment we walked in the lobby it smelled of gingerbread and it just brought us home.
We too got some major pixie dust going from a standard studio to a garden view 1 bedroom. We found every CM beyond nice, they all seemed genuinely happy to have us there and this was found all over property.

Boardwalk is a ghost town. We are at BCV but always walk the circle around BW and it’s eerily quiet. At 10 pm on a relatively warm night we passed exactly 3 groups of people. Everything is closed by 9 or 10. It’s very peaceful but still kinda weird. We walked to HS (it was busy, got ROTR at 7 am and we had two phones trying. The one using Verizon LTE was successful). We also decided to do a fun ride on the gondolas from HS back to the Epcot entrance!! Had to change at Carribean beach but it was a ghost town. Was fun and probably quicker than the boat.

I saw from some Twitter chatter that Disney appears to have misspelled Keister. :scared:
This is such a 2020 issue. Now we need to narrow it down further to know if it was layout specifications that misspelled Keister as Kiester or did the sign painter go off script....

Dave

Look, I was no fan of the clown, but I can understand the perspective from those that may not like the more in-your-face Disney theming suddenly being added to a resort with no obvious character/Disney theme.

I wouldn't be happy if Disney overhauled the Lava Pool at Poly and made it some sort of Moana-themed pool.

Anyway, a can of worms topic for sure.

That’s certainly different. Pretty cute though. I can’t say I’m necessarily a fan of that Mickey/Minnie era style, but gosh (gawrsh) if things like MMRR and some stuff on Disney Channel these days doesn’t have my kids all into it. They’ll love this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter