Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Thank you so much! The Studio looks so much better and I love the contemporary mirror. It's great having your post-rehab Studio photos which I will put in the BWV chapter of the thread:). Just curious, did you request a rehabbed villa?

I didn't request a refurbished room. We prefer the third or fourth floor and weren't sure where they would be on the refurb. We just lucked out.

Oh man! I've been away from the thread for a little while trying to finish up my last semester as an undergrad, so I've been reading through trying to catch up. I had to stop and comment on this. The new rooms are beautiful!! Does anyone know how far along they are in the refurb process? Will I have any luck getting a refurbed standard view studio the first week of June? Beautiful pics J and R's Mom!!

My guess is that you'll have a pretty good chance. I'm just not certain how far along they are on the standard studios. I'd put in the request, though.

Have a fun stay and congrats on almost being done as an under-grad.

Hi all. We are staying at the BWV in a standard studio next week. We booked through Disney.com, actually. I saw on allears that some studios have a daybed; does anyone have any idea how many of them do, and where in the resort they are? (this may also be old info, given that it looks like they are refurbishing the resort?)

Reason I'm asking is my 3.5 year old could sleep on the daybed and it would save us having to lug her inflatable toddler bed all the way, which always puts us over the weight limit on our luggage.

And as a separate question, do you all advise requesting a room closer to the elevators, too? I'm imagining carrying a tired kid back to her room....

Thanks in advance!

I had some catching up to do--I am not sure why, but I am not receiving notifications on this thread. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, others are hit and miss as well. In any event, looking forward to our BWV stay on 5/13 to 5/22/15--20 days and counting. Keeping our fingers crossed for a Village Green view. Does anyone know if those rooms have been refurbished yet? :jumping3::jumping2::dancer:

Oh man! I've been away from the thread for a little while trying to finish up my last semester as an undergrad, so I've been reading through trying to catch up. I had to stop and comment on this. The new rooms are beautiful!! Does anyone know how far along they are in the refurb process? Will I have any luck getting a refurbed standard view studio the first week of June? Beautiful pics J and R's Mom!!

Congratulations on almost completing your degree!! Will you be doing the DCP?

Bumping your question about the rehab progress...

Hi all. We are staying at the BWV in a standard studio next week. We booked through Disney.com, actually. I saw on allears that some studios have a daybed; does anyone have any idea how many of them do, and where in the resort they are? (this may also be old info, given that it looks like they are refurbishing the resort?)

Reason I'm asking is my 3.5 year old could sleep on the daybed and it would save us having to lug her inflatable toddler bed all the way, which always puts us over the weight limit on our luggage.

And as a separate question, do you all advise requesting a room closer to the elevators, too? I'm imagining carrying a tired kid back to her room....

Thanks in advance!

I can't answer your elevator question as we always ask to be away from them due to the noise and I'm not sure of their location at BWV. But, I believe all the Studios have a sofa bed, not a daybed. I believe it's a Double and the new one looks like this:
image_zpsp6y5mmcp.jpg

Photo courtesy of: J and R's mom

I had some catching up to do--I am not sure why, but I am not receiving notifications on this thread. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, others are hit and miss as well. In any event, looking forward to our BWV stay on 5/13 to 5/22/15--20 days and counting. Keeping our fingers crossed for a Village Green view. Does anyone know if those rooms have been refurbished yet?

Welcome back, Tess. If you aren't receiving any notifications at all from a thread, make sure you are subscribed to the thread. At the upper right of the post next to "THREAD TOOLS," click "WATCH THREAD." If it says "UNWATCH THREAD," then you're subscribed.

I don't know what has and hasn't been rehabbed yet at BWV, but hopefully someone will post a rehab update soon or know about the Village Green BWV rehab. I'll add your dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin.

I can't answer your elevator question as we always ask to be away from them due to the noise and I'm not sure of their location at BWV. But, I believe all the Studios have a sofa bed, not a daybed. I believe it's a Double and the new one looks like this:
image_zpsp6y5mmcp.jpg

Welcome back, Tess. If you aren't receiving any notifications at all from a thread, make sure you are subscribed to the thread. At the upper right of the post next to "THREAD TOOLS," click "WATCH THREAD." If it says "UNWATCH THREAD," then you're subscribed.

I don't know what has and hasn't been rehabbed yet at BWV, but hopefully someone will post a rehab update soon or know about the Village Green BWV rehab. I'll add your dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin.

Thanks Kook--I have done the watch, cancelled the watch and done watch again with an email request, but sadly I do not receive notifications. It isn't this thread alone, but others as well. Feel free to add our dates to the list and would love to see folks from the boards. Still looking forward to our stay and hoping the bugs are worked out soon from the latest migration of the boards.

But, I believe all the Studios have a sofa bed, not a daybed. I believe it's a Double and the new one looks like this:
image_zpsp6y5mmcp.jpg

.[/QUOTE]

I believe they all have the sofa beds/Pull outs, as well as the fold down/day bed (type) under the TV..Right??:confused3

we just got back today and had a renovated studio on the 5th floor. Once exiting the elevator the rooms in the hall on the right have been done but the left have not. The murphy bed worked out great!! the pull out sofa was very very comfortable and we swear it seemed like a queen size sofa.

I have a studio booked for May 12-15, originally this was going to be a solo trip but it has turned into 3 adults (my DS and DiL) I'm now worried that a studio isn't going to be big enough for 3 adults, the pictures look like a deluxe double room might be bigger. At the time I booked the only reason I got a studio was because it was about the only thing available for those dates in an Epcot resort. I booked through Orbitz when they were have the Disney 30% discount on top of an Orbitz 15% discount. Disney tells me they can't upgrade me to a 1 bedroom I have to go through Orbitz or try to upgrade on check in. Orbitz is showing a 1 bedroom available but it is $900 more than what I paid. I'm torn, while I would hate to shell out $900 more I'm worried we are going to be cramped. What are the odds I'm going to be able to bump up to a 1 bedroom when we check in? I have an AP so I could get a discount if one is available.

I have a studio booked for May 12-15, originally this was going to be a solo trip but it has turned into 3 adults (my DS and DiL) I'm now worried that a studio isn't going to be big enough for 3 adults, the pictures look like a deluxe double room might be bigger. At the time I booked the only reason I got a studio was because it was about the only thing available for those dates in an Epcot resort. I booked through Orbitz when they were have the Disney 30% discount on top of an Orbitz 15% discount. Disney tells me they can't upgrade me to a 1 bedroom I have to go through Orbitz or try to upgrade on check in. Orbitz is showing a 1 bedroom available but it is $900 more than what I paid. I'm torn, while I would hate to shell out $900 more I'm worried we are going to be cramped. What are the odds I'm going to be able to bump up to a 1 bedroom when we check in? I have an AP so I could get a discount if one is available.

A 1 bedroom will give you a king bed in the master and a queen sofabed in the living room. Still only 1 bathroom.

But, I believe all the Studios have a sofa bed, not a daybed. I believe it's a Double and the new one looks like this:
image_zpsp6y5mmcp.jpg

I believe they all have the sofa beds/Pull outs, as well as the fold down/day bed (type) under the TV..Right??:confused3[/QUOTE]

Thanks! so the furniture unit-looking thing under the TV is a daybed? like, another sleeping space? That might actually work for our kid.

I believe they all have the sofa beds/Pull outs, as well as the fold down/day bed (type) under the TV..Right??:confused3

Yes, that's correct, they have a sofa bed and a Murphy bed. I just didn't want anyone to think they have daybeds like BWI.

we just got back today and had a renovated studio on the 5th floor. Once exiting the elevator the rooms in the hall on the right have been done but the left have not. The murphy bed worked out great!! the pull out sofa was very very comfortable and we swear it seemed like a queen size sofa.

Thanks for letting everyone know:)

Do you have to keep your BWV reservation or could you change to BWI? Do you need the kitchen? A Deluxe room would be bigger, however, those are Club Level rooms and would cost more. But, they do have 2 queens and one queen sofa bed and accommodate 6 adults or in your case, each adult would have their own bed. The standard rooms (both CL and non-CL) also have a daybed that can support a smaller adult so each adult could have their own bed.

Hey Kook, I forgot to say--you can also add us at BWV for October 1-9, 2015. :)

YAY!

Thanks! so the furniture unit-looking thing under the TV is a daybed? like, another sleeping space? That might actually work for our kid.

Yes, but it's not a daybed like at BWI, but a Murphy bed like VWL has.

Thank you for the kind words, it means a lot to me. It's been really hard. I still can't stop crying. We had him a long time and he meant so much to us. He was the best dog, he was our other child. My DH keeps saying it'll get better and that Addison is in a better place without pain. I know he's right. It's just really not easy at the moment.
Here's a picture of him.
Is he a schnauzer? We had a standard schnauzer for almost 17 years and he was the best. Sorry for you loss. :(

image_zpsp6y5mmcp.jpg

Thank you. I'm actually a non-traditional student finishing up a bit later than normal and would be an old lady compared to most DCP students. I'm graduating next week and getting married at the end of May. Thought I'd get a bunch of these life milestones out of the way at once. :cool1:

:cool1:Hello all! I just booked at BWI for a std view. Don't throw rocks at me but I was trying for a woods view at BC but it wasn't available. This was my next choice. I'd love to hear some BWI supporters let me know why this is the best resort choice!

Hi Everyone,

We are staying at the Boardwalk, Standard View, Club Level. Are these rooms refurbished? and does anyone know if there are sections to avoid in the category. I have reading some posts here and there and am getting a little overwhelmed I haven't made any special requests. Will I regret just winging it?
Any and all input welcomed. THANK YOU!!!!!!

Before they did the current renovations that added the murphy bed to the studios, the dedicated studios had a Deacon's bench that could be slept on by a small child. The cover came off and there were sheets and a blanket on the bench. But it was hard as a rock (very thin pad, similar to a crib mattress) and could not be requested in the last few years. Many years ago, when BWV first opened and a few years after, the Studio Plus was a bookable category.

we just got back last night. bw view studio in the villas. we were SO RELIEVED!! to NOT get a refurbished room! we were on the 3rd floor, just over the seating area for big river grille.

where in the world would you put that coffee table at night? and how does anyone who doesn't need the 5th bedd get to the bathroom without bumping their shins on the cahirs or running into the fold out table? bcuase we def. would need it out the whole time.. many people want to put things down and leave them where they put them . we use our table to hold manytings. who wants to pack up the things on the table every night and fold it back down?

I would have been happier with the GF option. (with the drawers under the bed. I still used the one that would only open part way. it wasn't ideal, but I could reach in and get things.

as you can guess, we really dislike the fold out table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter