Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

This was how it was described:

Due to regular maintenance, the Speedway gas station near Disney’s BoardWalk Inn and Villas will be temporarily closed beginning at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 5.

It is anticipated this project will take two weeks to complete. During this temporary closure, the other on-property gas stations at the Car Care Center near Magic Kingdom Park and across from Disney Springs will be available.

When Speedway does remodeling, it usually takes more than a couple of weeks. Regular maintenance (refresh, clean-up) makes more sense at this time of the year. They don't want to miss the holiday traffic. That's my 2 cents.

That's what I'm afraid of, that they run into the first week of December when we're there.

Last edited:

Are you able to use the annual pass discount on the resort mugs?

Not sure - I haven't tried there and only have used the dining plan. However, I have used the Tables in Wonderland Card before at All Stars Resort and it did take 20% off the mug - so hopefully it counts as a discountable food item!

We had this question in September while staying at BC. I asked if we could use AP or TIW for a refillable mug discount at the Marketplace (which gives a 20% discount on food, including the 8 packs of water bottles). The answer was 'no' and I asked a few people just to be sure.

I think it might make a difference if you are at a place where they offer a discount for food and beverage such as the food court at POFQ or All Stars. In the past, we have gotten 20% off the mugs at POFQ food court but Disney changes the rules so often I am not sure if this is still in effect.

Last edited:
They really need to fix that. Our last stays at GF they missed 2 out of 8 days, at AKL 1 out of 3 days, and WL 1 out of 4 days.
This seems to be happening more often. They missed 1 out of 6 days during our BWI and CR stays. I had to call for service and even then they came hours later, during the evening.

Hi all. First time staying at BWI. Have an AP rate CL standard from 3/5/17-3/10/17. Would appreciate any help in selecting a great room number that is a bit 'quieter'. Not our first time at CL in Disney Resorts- so know what to expect with that, just need some help with room selection- a range of numbers would be great. Am making my way through this massive thread- and figure it has been asked and answered before- just haven't come across it yet. TIA.

Hi all. First time staying at BWI. Have an AP rate CL standard from 3/5/17-3/10/17. Would appreciate any help in selecting a great room number that is a bit 'quieter'. Not our first time at CL in Disney Resorts- so know what to expect with that, just need some help with room selection- a range of numbers would be great. Am making my way through this massive thread- and figure it has been asked and answered before- just haven't come across it yet. TIA.

Your best bet would be to request a "quiet location". This way the room assignors know exactly what you want. They know their resorts well and asking for what you want instead of a room number or even numbers ups your odds.

Do the one bedroom villas have the dispensers in the bathrooms? Shampoo, conditioner, soap? What about lotion?

Thanks

Do the one bedroom villas have the dispensers in the bathrooms? Shampoo, conditioner, soap? What about lotion?

When I was in a BWV 1 BR over Labor Day weekend, the room had 2 of each of the following:

H20+ Beauty Sea Salt Bath Soap (2 oz)
H20+ Beauty Sea Salt Facial Soap (1.5 oz)
H20+ Beauty Sea Salt Bath Lotion (2 oz)
H20+ Beauty Sea Salt Body Wash (2 oz)
H20+ Beauty Sea Marine Revitalizing Conditioner (2 oz)
H20+ Beauty Sea Marine Revitalizing Shampoo (2 oz)

As PP said, I have not heard anything about any of the DVC resorts switching to dispensers.

We were in a 2BR villa recently, which is a 1 BR and studio combined, and the H2O products were on the bathroom shelf, not in dispensers. In fact, the only criticism I had of the 1 BR was the shower was smaller than in the WLV
(Boulder Ridge) and there was only one small built in shower shelf for soap, shampoo, and conditioner. There were more areas to put those things in the studio bathroom shower because it was part of a tub. A minor complaint in an otherwise wonderful stay!!

If you are staying at the INN (not the villas) in a room that is not club level, what do you do about breakfast? I'm not a coffee and danish person, but more of a eggs and bacon type. What are my options?

If you are staying at the INN (not the villas) in a room that is not club level, what do you do about breakfast? I'm not a coffee and danish person, but more of a eggs and bacon type. What are my options?

The Boardwalk Bakery has sandwich type items with eggs & bacon I think. But if you’re like my DH and you like regular bacon & eggs, then I’d suggest room service.

What are my options?

I didn't feel boardwalk bakery had many options... we ended up walking over to Yachtsman, where they are having the Captain's grill breakfast during the refurb. Very good. Wasn't hard to get an early day-of reservation.

I didn't feel boardwalk bakery had many options... we ended up walking over to Yachtsman, where they are having the Captain's grill breakfast during the refurb. Very good. Wasn't hard to get an early day-of reservation.
....we enjoyed breakfast twice at Trattoria al Forno. In fact, there are two separate options - one is the Disney princess breakfast with Rapunzel (and Flynn Rider, of course!) and Ariel. However, you can forego that option and enjoy a delicious breakfast in a separate room (or an outdoor waterside table) for a very reasonable price. Great service and appetite-pleasing!

....a word of warning: Primo opportunity to inundate the unsuspecting with princess merch!

Last edited:
The Boardwalk Bakery has sandwich type items with eggs & bacon I think. But if you’re like my DH and you like regular bacon & eggs, then I’d suggest room service.
...refer to my previous post....;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter