Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

A few BWV questions: do all studios have a balcony? How many hot tubs are at the main BWI pool? Is there a hot tub at the BWV quiet pool? How far of a walk is it from BWV to Bellevue Lounge for morning coffee? Thank you!

A few BWV questions: do all studios have a balcony? How many hot tubs are at the main BWI pool? Is there a hot tub at the BWV quiet pool? How far of a walk is it from BWV to Bellevue Lounge for morning coffee? Thank you!

Each pool has a hot tub. It is a very short walk from BWV to get coffee, especially if you go outside.

There may be an odd one or two studios without a balcony, but effectively yes.
:)

Question. How tight does everyone think the 2br lockoff would actually be for 5 adults (me, wife, BIL, SIL and MIL) , three kids under 7 and an infant. My wife and I would have the baby with us in the 1br, BIL and SIL would take pull out in common area and MIL would take other room with the kids. We plan on spending very little time at the resort since this is our guests first time. We will probably open parks and stay till 7 or 8 each night. So it's mainly for sleeping and adults having nightcaps on the veranda. What do people have been to those 2brs before think?

I know we can fit it under the occupancy rules but curious about what people think practically.

Question. How tight does everyone think the 2br lockoff would actually be for 5 adults (me, wife, BIL, SIL and MIL) , three kids under 7 and an infant. My wife and I would have the baby with us in the 1br, BIL and SIL would take pull out in common area and MIL would take other room with the kids. We plan on spending very little time at the resort since this is our guests first time. We will probably open parks and stay till 7 or 8 each night. So it's mainly for sleeping and adults having nightcaps on the veranda. What do people have been to those 2brs before think?

I know we can fit it under the occupancy rules but curious about what people think practically.

Sounds like you fit in in. We still do four in a studio (2 adults & 2 teens). Is your MIL ok with the 3 kids under 7 in the same room? Whose kids are they?

Sounds like you fit in in. We still do four in a studio (2 adults & 2 teens). Is your MIL ok with the 3 kids under 7 in the same room? Whose kids are they?

Two of them are mine and the other is my BIL/SIL's. They are all her grandchildren, so nothing awkward about that. I think she would be ok with it. She could sleep with my daughter and the two boys could stay together. We will fit within the occupancy rules, but just curious if people think this is just way too crowded nonetheless.

Two of them are mine and the other is my BIL/SIL's. They are all her grandchildren, so nothing awkward about that. I think she would be ok with it. She could sleep with my daughter and the two boys could stay together. We will fit within the occupancy rules, but just curious if people think this is just way too crowded nonetheless.

I think that just depends on what your family prefers.

I have friends, like me, all cram into studios. I have others that will only stay in 1 BR for just 2 people. I also know some who do 2 BR for 4 total people (adults in one and children in other and open common space). We've stayed in 1 BR before and enjoyed the extra space, but overall, my family preferred making 2 trips a year in studio vs one trip in 1 BR. As you mentioned, you are doing parks most every day. I think the biggest concern for me would be the arrangement for nap time during the day for young children.

Happily dipping my toes into the BWI on 6/27 for an arrival night. We are transferring to the YC and this night wasn't available. Good news, we get to try something new. After exploring the lobby at Christmas, I can't wait. Now to read all the details in this great thread...

Our experience was the opposite. We found self parking full and had to valet park. My opinion is that the number of parking spaces allocated to self parking is rather low for the size of BWI/BWV. It is the one complaint I have about BWI.

Yikes this scares me. So I would have to pay for valet every day that I am there??

So after reading about the parking situation, I hate to say I'm second guessing BWI. We usually stay at Port Orleans and park very close to our room. We really like that convenience. (And my hubby really likes being in charge of his own driving situation and not having to wait 20+ minutes for a bus) But dang, I've been so excited about being on the Boardwalk and close to Epcot/HS. Plus, the hotel just seems so lovely.

What are y'all's favorite things about staying at BWI?

So after reading about the parking situation, I hate to say I'm second guessing BWI. We usually stay at Port Orleans and park very close to our room. We really like that convenience. (And my hubby really likes being in charge of his own driving situation and not having to wait 20+ minutes for a bus) But dang, I've been so excited about being on the Boardwalk and close to Epcot/HS. Plus, the hotel just seems so lovely.

What are y'all's favorite things about staying at BWI?

Being able to walk to 2 parks
Having multiple choices for food/drink and entertainment right outside your resort
THE best pool slide on property
We love the theme
Being able to walk to 2 parks (did I mention that already?) :rolleyes:
Having a balcony to sit on for a night cap and morning coffee

I have never stayed at BWI; but stayed at YC in December. I love being able to walk to Epcot and just being on the boardwalk. A previous poster said they've never had a problem with parking so I am hopeful we won't have a problem. We live in GA so we are driving instead of dealing with the Atlanta airport. DH loves having a balcony to get emails done while drinking coffee in the morning while I'm getting ready.

Being able to walk to 2 parks
Having multiple choices for food/drink and entertainment right outside your resort
THE best pool slide on property
We love the theme
Being able to walk to 2 parks (did I mention that already?) :rolleyes:
Having a balcony to sit on for a night cap and morning coffee

And don't forget being able to walk to 2 parks!

I would add that the CMs at BW are first rate -- housekeeping, grounds keepers, front desk, everywhere you come across a CM, they are welcoming and helpful. I also really like the quiet pool and hot tub by the quiet pool. Oftentimes it feels like a personal pool -- we will be the only ones there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter