Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

DH and I just booked BW View Club level room for 1 night F&G stop on our way to the beach. We stay at BWI most of our trips but have not stayed Club since 2012. What has changed, I have read about the upgrade to the lounge, anythign else?

I confuse myself too, just think of my poor hubby who will probably ask as we drive past the arch "Okay, where are we staying?"

:rotfl:

Not sure all the days. I know it is offered on Wednesday. Be in the Bellevue Lounge 15 minutes before 9:00 AM.

Thanks AirGoofy...We have done the tour and enjoyed it immensely...and first read about it on the official WDW website...under events and tours...my concern is that when I went to look for it for our upcoming trip to check the dates that it is offered..i'ts no longer listed! :confused: I know that it was offered as recently as last month...but am unsure of why they stopped listing it ...

We'll be there in June (5th). Our first summer trip :( Anybody have an update on how to bypass thermostats?

Sorry no help from me....I am usually trying to warm the room up....lol....

We sure headed to BWV for the first time this July 19-28! I am so excited because we usually stay at Pop, so this will be quite different! I love being able to walk to two parks (my favorites) and be in the midst of the BW!

I've read most of this thread, but was wondering if anyone could help with a few questions:
1. With a BWV Garden/Pool view, would you recommend any room requests? The only room request we ever make at Pop is a King bed, and I know that's not an option at BWV.
2. How are the busses to AK? I have an ADR for Tusker House at 8:30 am before park opening st 9:00. Will the busses start running early enough and be efficient enough?
3. If EPCOT doesn't open until 9, how early will they let you into IG? How about if I have an ADR at Garden Grill for 8:30 am?
4. How many people actually walk to HS? Especially in July!

Thanks everyone!

Congrats on your first BWV stay! We have only stayed at the Inn..so no help on the room location..except to suggest 1-There are reviews and room location info on the first page of this thread..which we did find helpful...2- touring plans has a room finder..and while the room specifics can be a bit off..it will give you very accurate room locations...

We have taken the buses to AK a few times now...and never had a long wait...There is also an information board at the bus stop that will give you anticipated arrival times of the buses...
and finally yes..if you have an early breakfast ressie..they will allow you to enter thru the International Gateway in time for your reservation....

As for walking to DHS...its a bit of a walk.... we much prefer the Friendships...especially in the heat and humidity of July...

BW is an especially charming resort...enjoy your stay....:goodvibes

Any updates on Flying Fish? Does "later this year" mean Nov.-Dec. or is there any chance it might be done sooner?

Our first stay at BWV will be 9/18 to 9/24, and I think it would be our go-to first choice if it were open. How long of a wait is typical at ESPN/Big River for dinner mid-Sept.?

Also, is it shorter to walk to the Fountain for ice cream instead of B&C? Thinking the new ice cream venue (if that's what's coming) likely won't be open yet either.

Totally excited about BWV and Epcot F&W!!

Another first timer..Welcome and congrats to you too!! :goodvibes We have walked up to both Big River and ESPN..but midday...and had no wait...also during slower season...so I am thinking this wont be an issue..even during dinner time....don't forget tho that you have some very nice dining options just across the lake at the BC/YC and soooo many options a quick stroll away in Epcot...:thumbsup2

I just booked CL room at BWI for April 22-28, 2017!!! Start the count down!!!

:dance3:

We are staying 6/25- 7/3!!! Any tips or tricks you veterans have is much appreciated!

While we are WDW veterans...we are relative newbies to the BW area..but here are the few things that we have enjoyed doing during our stays...mostly just enjoy the boardwalk area in general..sitting out..mid day people watching.. or looking out over pretty Crescent Lake..super relaxing..and enjoying a nice fluffy drink from Boardwalk Joe's...:drinking1I would highly recommend the Captains Seaside Sensation..a delicious combo of pineapple smoothie and Captains Morgans spice rum...yum!! The Boardwalk bakery has some incredible cupcakes...some are delicious seasonal variations...and the evening entertainment out on the boardwalk is fun to watch too....I would have recommended the Boardwalk Ballyhoo tour... which has lots of detailed history of the resort and how it came to be...but am not sure if that is still being offered.... Lots of things to do...and of course...lots more just a boat ride or stroll away in either Epcot or DHS...oh...one more thing that we discovered...if you have the Memory Maker....the photo booth on the boardwalk takes pics that are included in your download options....:thumbsup2

DH and I just booked BW View Club level room for 1 night F&G stop on our way to the beach. We stay at BWI most of our trips but have not stayed Club since 2012. What has changed, I have read about the upgrade to the lounge, anythign else?

Beside the lounge being refurbished..including a great big flat screen TV.....there are now refrigerators to keep beverages cold instead of those tubs that they were in before...they have also increased the food offerings in the morning..and mid day too...there are meats in the morning..two varieties...and oatmeal..with several toppings ...and midday...there are now tea sandwiches...and also home made chips with a few different dips ....There are several pics on page one right here on this thread...:thumbsup2

Another first timer..Welcome and congrats to you too!! :goodvibes We have walked up to both Big River and ESPN..but midday...and had no wait...also during slower season...so I am thinking this wont be an issue..even during dinner time....don't forget tho that you have some very nice dining options just across the lake at the BC/YC and soooo many options a quick stroll away in Epcot...:thumbsup2
Thank you @BlueSkies! This is great to know. Great tip on the Memory Maker and photo booth too! I wouldn't have thought to do it.

Visitors to BWI/BWV:

Stormalong Bay Slide
is closed for refurbishment through March 18. During this time, shuttle transportation will be provided between 9 a.m. and 10 p.m. so that you can use the waterslide at Luna Park Pool located at Disney's Boardwalk Inn and Villas.

Visitors from BWI/BWV
;)

Beaches and Cream at the Yacht and Beach Club is now serving several "adult" floats and milkshakes with added liquor. Among the selections available are a S'Mores Shake with Amarula Cream liqueur, a Grasshopper Float with Guiness stout, and Tropical Sunrise Float with pineapple hard cider. Prices range from $11.25 to $12.
~AllEars Newsletter

Just booked an August trip with the new summer offer. Flying Fish won't have its rehab completed by then, but I think most of the other rehab/reno will be done. BWI is my happy place.

Beaches and Cream at the Yacht and Beach Club is now serving several "adult" floats and milkshakes with added liquor. Among the selections available are a S'Mores Shake with Amarula Cream liqueur, a Grasshopper Float with Guiness stout, and Tropical Sunrise Float with pineapple hard cider. Prices range from $11.25 to $12.
~AllEars Newsletter
OKAY, adult milkshakes!!!! I am volunteering to be a taste tester :)

I'm looking forward to the wanding. It might be a surprise cheap thrill before the rest of the park. :lmao:

For the Wander or Wandee:scratchin

In case anyone is interested, I just saw this over on the DVC Resorts board regarding the Screen Door:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/changes-at-bw-screen-door.3490827/

Thank you @Music City Mama for posting the link:)

We'll be there in June (5th). Our first summer trip :( Anybody have an update on how to bypass thermostats?

I don't recall bypassing being necessary at BWI, but hopefully someone will post if you need to do something sneaky to leave the AC on. I thought it only shut off if the sliding glass door is open, but I may be mixing that up with CR.

We sure headed to BWV for the first time this July 19-28! I am so excited because we usually stay at Pop, so this will be quite different! I love being able to walk to two parks (my favorites) and be in the midst of the BW!

I've read most of this thread, but was wondering if anyone could help with a few questions:
1. With a BWV Garden/Pool view, would you recommend any room requests? The only room request we ever make at Pop is a King bed, and I know that's not an option at BWV.
2. How are the busses to AK? I have an ADR for Tusker House at 8:30 am before park opening st 9:00. Will the busses start running early enough and be efficient enough?
3. If EPCOT doesn't open until 9, how early will they let you into IG? How about if I have an ADR at Garden Grill for 8:30 am?
4. How many people actually walk to HS? Especially in July!

Thanks everyone!

Congratulations on the upgrade and I'll log your dates. We're another family who always prefer walking over public transportation. For some reason, those Friendship Boats seem hot and stuffy to us, maybe due to lack of a good cross-draft? Also, when you walk, you're doing it on your own terms, so no waiting around for a boat. We think it's relaxing.

Any updates on Flying Fish? Does "later this year" mean Nov.-Dec. or is there any chance it might be done sooner?

Our first stay at BWV will be 9/18 to 9/24, and I think it would be our go-to first choice if it were open. How long of a wait is typical at ESPN/Big River for dinner mid-Sept.?

Also, is it shorter to walk to the Fountain for ice cream instead of B&C? Thinking the new ice cream venue (if that's what's coming) likely won't be open yet either.

Totally excited about BWV and Epcot F&W!!

Welcome and I'll log your dates @Elionwy:). I'm bumping your bolded questions, but yes, the new ice cream venue would be closer than B&C, by less than 10 mins.

ETA: Just noticed you meant Fountain View at Epcot so no, Fountain View is a MUCH longer walk from BWI than B&C.

I just booked CL room at BWI for April 22-28, 2017!!! Start the count down!!!

Welcome and I'll log your dates. 2017 will be here before you know it @Cecile716.

We are staying 6/25- 7/3!!! Any tips or tricks you veterans have is much appreciated!

Welcome to the thread and congratulations on booking:)

Just booked an August trip with the new summer offer. Flying Fish won't have its rehab completed by then, but I think most of the other rehab/reno will be done. BWI is my happy place.

YIPPEE! That's great that you have another trip booked. Will your DD be able to make it?

OKAY, adult milkshakes!!!! I am volunteering to be a taste tester :)

Even for the Grasshopper Float with Guinness Stout? That might be an acquired taste...

Me too! I don't have it very often, but Amarula is an amazing treat!

The CL lounges usually have it;). Aren't you staying at the Regatta Club soon?

Last edited:
Chiming in... We'll be staying at BWI in late May. First time staying at one of the EPCOT area resorts, but we've visited the boardwalk on a previous trip. Super excited to knock another one off the bucket list!!!!

I'm attending the Disney Institue Leadership Excellence course at BWI. My solo business trip turned into a parents only trip, and then after seeing the discounted room and ticket rates (for course attendees), we decided it would be irresponsible to NOT take advantage of the discounts and just bring our three kids and make a family trip out of it. :hippie:

The kids still think (and are mad) that we are going to WDW without them. We decided to keep it a surprise and wait just before we leave to tell them. (We did this once before about 6 years ago, woke them up at 3am (blasted the Mickey Mouse March very loudly outside their rooms) and headed straight to the airport. They were in disbelief until we arrived at the airport. The responses of let let me sleep, to you must be tricking us, to sheer excitement were priceless. Need to come up with another fun way to break the news this time around.)

Anyway, super excited about our upcoming visit. Thanks to everyone for sharing so many great tips. This thread is priceless:-)

@MarbleBob
That's going to be a great surprise. I tried to keep a trip secret from my kids before but that lasted about 3 hrs.

Have a great trip. BWI is my favorite.:goodvibes

Thanks! Currently, I have Wilderness Lodge and Poly tied as my favorite. Looking forward to seeing where BWI ranks for everyone in my family. Sounds like it'll give our favorites a run for the money! :cool1:

Also looking forward to this! Wondering if you will be able get them at the take-out window?
Welcome and I'll log your dates @Elionwy:). I'm bumping your bolded questions, but yes, the new ice cream venue would be closer than B&C, by less than 10 mins.

ETA: Just noticed you meant Fountain View at Epcot so no, Fountain View is a MUCH longer walk from BWI than B&C.
Actually, I was looking at The Fountain over at the Dolphin. From the BWV side it looks like a short-ish walk. If the new ice cream venue is open at BWI, however, that would be our first choice. Wasn't thinking the new place was going to open before our trip.

Thank you! We're planning to bookend our trip with two days to just hang out, relax and enjoy the BW area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter