Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We had a great view in Dec. '14 but it was COLD! We were determined to use the balcony though, we bundled up and cranked up the room heat. We were the only ones using a balcony except the guy next door who kept sneaking out trying to have a smoke only to slink back in when he'd see us! There was some sort of fotball trophy deal going on.

10898261_10205498654336932_7460604318757750144_n.jpg

We just checked into the BWI CL. You can no longer request boardwalk view as an option. I found out a couple of months after we booked that the boardwalk view was switching over to its own booking and a $100 night price increase but any time I called Disney to see about booking it they told me I couldn't book a view only request it. Well here now and we have a view of the tops of trees and when I asked about changing to Boardwalk view I was told they would have to charge the $100 a night extra fee and they had no openings anyway.
Listening to jackhammer noises in room now. Very loud and annoying to say the least.

Ugh sorry about your start to BWI CL -- you were just at RPC I think, right? I'm trying to keep up with everyone at RPC recently or now because we're going there in less than a month. The reason I'm peaking in this thread is because BWI CL is next on our radar for possibly this July, and I'm thinking I want to book a deluxe CL room there, requesting 4th floor inside security doors. In any event, I'm anxious to hear about your comparisons of the 2 lounges (BWI and RPC), food offerings, etc. I hope the rest of your trip goes well for you!!

I hope I get a rehabbed villa. I just made a reservation from 5/22 to 5/27 in a Deluxe Studio Villa. I told them I wanted the top floor. Is there anything special about the Deluxe as opposed to Standard--or are there no such thing as Standard Studios as BWV? I guess I'm not too concerned about location, but are there really any locations I should avoid?

Congratulations on booking and I'll log your dates:)

Still booked BWI CL :) 169 to go until we depart Hard Rock and head home to my happy place

Even less now!! Still Innkeeper's Club? If so, I really need to log your dates…which are?

Have developed some lower back issues that made me rethink my Wilderness Lodge reservation. Just changed to BWI for 3/11-3/15. It's my younger daughter's college spring break. I feel like transportation to and from the studios is better and we plan on doing both F! this time and the Star Wars fireworks. We normally stay on the monorail loop but I thought since we were focusing more on the other parks this might be better
Good bye Bay Lake, hello Crescent! I'll log your dates:)

Everyone beat me to it, but yup, that is correct. :) The names are on the back. I only have a picture of one of them, though. I took the picture of this one because it's my name. :thumbsup2

That is YOUR chair. And, for anyone interested, HERE's an informative Jim Korkis piece on BWI with a blurb about the chairs:

Nanny Chairs

Placed on either side of the fireplace are the scary "nanny chairs" that were originally found on 19th century European carrousels. They were intended for adults to rest upon while their children rode the moving animals. From this concept developed the more traditional "chariot" benches. It would have been inappropriate for female nannies to even ride side saddle on a carousel horse. These reproductions were cast from circa 1889 originals, hand painted and highlighted with gold leaf. In a moment of cleverness, the two Imagineers involved in the reproductions printed their names on the back of each chair: Todd and Paul.

New rumors: Brooklyn Ice cream place to replace ESPN arcade, plus the lounge to replace Seashore Sweets.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resort...3281-rumor-new-ice-cream-parlor-for-boardwalk

That ice cream store has fantastic reviews on Yelp for all their locations in NY. Sounds better than the Edy's they had in Seashore Sweets, though I did like it.

Thanks for posting this, Paul! According to the article, Ample Hills Creamery, a favorite of Bob Iger, will fill the space occupied by the arcade. But, other rumors suggest that Seashore Sweets' will be converted into a lounge/waiting area for the two TS venues.

We just checked into the BWI CL. You can no longer request boardwalk view as an option. I found out a couple of months after we booked that the boardwalk view was switching over to its own booking and a $100 night price increase but any time I called Disney to see about booking it they told me I couldn't book a view only request it. Well here now and we have a view of the tops of trees and when I asked about changing to Boardwalk view I was told they would have to charge the $100 a night extra fee and they had no openings anyway.
Listening to jackhammer noises in room now. Very loud and annoying to say the least.

Sorry you had to be the one to confirm the suspicion, but thank you. Jackhammering sounds awful - UGH. I thought they were only warning guests about some painting/scaffolding?

Sooooo just wanted share here that after reading about all that F&G has to offer..especially all of those wonderful food opportunities...that we have changed our spring ressie to the BWI...Gee whiz..I might have to change my tag from GF gal :ssst: ....lol...Have to say..the after last few stays at the BW I am so enamored of the Epcot resort area! That and....the resort changing influence of my dear friend pas!

I won't tell @k&a&c'smom you're back over here. But be warned about @pas130, she may have you back over at SL:rolleyes1

Ugh sorry about your start to BWI CL -- you were just at RPC I think, right? I'm trying to keep up with everyone at RPC recently or now because we're going there in less than a month. The reason I'm peaking in this thread is because BWI CL is next on our radar for possibly this July, and I'm thinking I want to book a deluxe CL room there, requesting 4th floor inside security doors. In any event, I'm anxious to hear about your comparisons of the 2 lounges (BWI and RPC), food offerings, etc. I hope the rest of your trip goes well for you!!

Welcome, Peeker! I believe all 10 Deluxe rooms are inside the Innkeeper's Club door. Five are on the 3rd floor and five are on the 4th, the same floor as the lounge.

Last edited:
That's horrible! Can they move you??? Maybe to a regular room with CL access, I am SO not a fan of construction. I'm with TJA and I can't wait for your RPC and BWI CL comparison!

Congratulations on booking and I'll log your dates:)

Even less now!! Still Innkeeper's Club? If so, I really need to log your dates…which are?

Good bye Bay Lake, hello Crescent! I'll log your dates:)

That is YOUR chair. And, for anyone interested, HERE's an informative Jim Korkis piece on BWI with a blurb about the chairs:

Nanny Chairs

Placed on either side of the fireplace are the scary "nanny chairs" that were originally found on 19th century European carrousels. They were intended for adults to rest upon while their children rode the moving animals. From this concept developed the more traditional "chariot" benches. It would have been inappropriate for female nannies to even ride side saddle on a carousel horse. These reproductions were cast from circa 1889 originals, hand painted and highlighted with gold leaf. In a moment of cleverness, the two Imagineers involved in the reproductions printed their names on the back of each chair: Todd and Paul.

Thanks for posting this, Paul! According to the article, Ample Hills Creamery, a favorite of Bob Iger, will fill the space occupied by the arcade. But, other rumors suggest that Seashore Sweets' will be converted into a lounge/waiting area for the two TS venues.

Sorry you had to be the one to confirm the suspicion, but thank you. Jackhammering sounds awful - UGH. I thought they were only warning guests about some painting/scaffolding?

I won't tell @k&a&c'smom you're back over here. But be warned about @pas130, she may have you back over at SL:rolleyes1

Welcome, Peeker! I believe all 10 Deluxe rooms are inside the Innkeeper's Club door. Five are on the 3rd floor and five are on the 4th, the same floor as the lounge.

They could have changed it in the 5 or so years since, but back when we stayed in a club deluxe room, it was on the fourth floor, but right outside the club door. It was the center room over Seashore Sweets... I mean the new lounge. :)

Well since its Saturday I will say hope that you are having a great stay....Looking forward to hearing about your thoughts and experience...:goodvibes

rcraw One of the things that has drawn this former monorail resort only family over to repeat BW (although we do love the charm and authenticity of this particular resort too!) stays is the ease of getting to both Epcot and DHS...absolutely wonderful ...:thumbsup2 Hope that your back issues improve soon...

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Thank you for the kind words about my back. Today I went with my hubby to a classic car show on the grounds of one of our local high schools. Walked around for about an hour and back began to hurt. We left and went to lunch. after sitting for a while in the restaurant it was feeling somewhat better, reinforcing my thought that BWI was a better fit than WL. While I like WL well enough (although the rooms can be small), I was actually choosing to stay there simply for the fact that the resort was half closed, meaning less stress for transportation (especially from DHS). Then I began thinking that an EPCOT resort would give me the boats and walking if I felt up to it and would be a better fit as we normally do dinner in WS.

I cannot confirm nor deny that statement :)
Yes, I know:hug:

I bet you will use that erasable ink quill just in case. :goodvibes
:laughing::thumbsup2

They could have changed it in the 5 or so years since, but back when we stayed in a club deluxe room, it was on the fourth floor, but right outside the club door. It was the center room over Seashore Sweets... I mean the new lounge. :)

They didn't change it, you're correct, sir. Plumb forgot about that one right outside this door, next to the room we stayed in once:rolleyes1. But, isn't that one over Flying Fish?
IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1868.jpg

ef07cf55-f411-4615-94d0-afe76057dd5a_zps264a2570.jpg

So I couldn't resist the new AP discounts released, plus I love the look of the BWI deluxe CL room, so I booked it for July! We'll start out there, then move to our beloved Poly LV CL cause we can't miss the July 4 festivities there! Totally can't wait to try BWI CL -- it will be new to us, and those deluxe rooms will guarantee us a boardwalk view and full balcony, right? I put in a request for "near lounge inside CL security door."

There really aren't any DVC rooms near parking lot right? We drive quite a bit and I'm dreading the haul to the parking lot. We've got a garden/pool view studio booked (and I'm also dreading a long weekend staring into the soul-eating eyes of that clown pool) but we wanted to be close to Epcot for easy access to F&G so BWV was a great choice for that.

There really aren't any DVC rooms near parking lot right? We drive quite a bit and I'm dreading the haul to the parking lot. We've got a garden/pool view studio booked (and I'm also dreading a long weekend staring into the soul-eating eyes of that clown pool) but we wanted to be close to Epcot for easy access to F&G so BWV was a great choice for that.
Ask for a view of the quiet pool! It is quite nice. We had a 1 br with that view last time and I know next door was a studio because my dad was staying there!

Hi all,

You can add us to the list! We will be staying in a standard view studio at BWV Oct. 2 - 7. My husband and I are so excited for this Food and Wine trip!

In your opinion, experts, do you think the renovations will be done by the time we arrive? We were deciding between this and the Beach Club, but our TA warned us that the BCV would be undergoing room renovations. Now the Boardwalk is under scaffolding!

Assuming all of the villas will be updated by October?

Thanks, all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter