Disney's best eats article on CNN

Thankyou for the link, have to wonder though if these were the only restaurants they tryed because I see Captains Grill made there eatery list and the menu of theirs and the taste is very underwhelming in taste and best describe as average fare or less than.... The two new restaurants are a nice addition to some of the better eatries though.... Just was taken a back by the Captains Grill getting an honorable mention....:confused3

Thankyou for the link, have to wonder though if these were the only restaurants they tryed because I see Captains Grill made there eatery list and the menu of theirs and the taste is very underwhelming in taste and best describe as average fare or less than.... The two new restaurants are a nice addition to some of the better eatries though.... Just was taken a back by the Captains Grill getting an honorable mention....:confused3

I don't think they were giving Captain's signature status. If you read the reviews of Captain's on Allearsnet you will find that most folks think Captain's Grill is a good place to eat.

I have to agree about Captains Grille, it's a glorified coffee shop type restaurant.if it was in a typical hotel people would be less than wowed. Not a destination meal IMO. Can't believe they left off artists point or one of the AKL places in favor of it.now Yachtsman I could see....

I don't think they were giving Captain's signature status. If you read the reviews of Captain's on Allearsnet you will find that most folks think Captain's Grill is a good place to eat.

I am just going by the title best earteries in disney, I happen to disagree and was just honestly surprised, ate there a couple times and been to disney 20 years twice a year and tryed it at least every other trip to give it another go, we stay at beach club, last trip we all said, it is what it is and the dishes are still under whelming to us... In all fairness I am a caterer by profession and cook for a living so I am probably harder on reveiws than others, I strive for perfection in my dishes so my expectations are high... Just one gals opinion, and well that don't mean much really, sure other find it good or adequate there.. :thumbsup2

If you look at it they gave you 1 CS- La Cantina de San Angel, 2 newer TS restaurants- La Hacienda and Via Napoli, 1 signature- Narcoossee's, 1 character meal- TH and 1 non-signature resort restaurant. If they purposely broke it down that way, I can't argue Captain's Grille being on the list (are The Wave, Boatwright's, GFC, etc. really any better than it?).

However, Narcoossee's has no business being on this list. I have no idea the last time the writer has been there but it's been a while since it's had a "quiet interior" that "encourages you to slow down, cool off and enjoy some time with your friends and family." It's been going downhill from some time and in no way deserves to be mentioned before Citricos, Flying Fish, Jiko, Artist Point or CG.

If you look at it they gave you 1 CS- La Cantina de San Angel, 2 newer TS restaurants- La Hacienda and Via Napoli, 1 signature- Narcoossee's, 1 character meal- TH and 1 non-signature resort restaurant. If they purposely broke it down that way, I can't argue Captain's Grille being on the list (are The Wave, Boatwright's, GFC, etc. really any better than it?).

However, Narcoossee's has no business being on this list. I have no idea the last time the writer has been there but it's been a while since it's had a "quiet interior" that "encourages you to slow down, cool off and enjoy some time with your friends and family." It's been going downhill from some time and in no way deserves to be mentioned before Citricos, Flying Fish, Jiko, Artist Point or CG.

I would of said The Wave over Captin Grill, their pairing of the sides with their entrees are very nice, the pork and the sweet potatos and the warm spinch and bacon was a nice marriage of flavors that complimented each other, it woke up my taste buds in a good way... Again everyones opinion is going to vary on here, makes it interesting...:wizard:

Ugh, I hate what passes for journalism these days. Matters of opinion aside, even a travel piece should be factually correct. Narcoosees open for lunch? $15 to 36 per person? Puh-leeze! Is basic fact checking too much to ask of a major magazine or news outlet?

It's obviously just a paid for puff piece.

I have to wonder about the paid puff piece also. You can always get into Captains Grill whether a walk-in or a reservation. I think this is Disney just trying to steer the free dining masses to a less crowded restaurant. I'm suprised Shutter's wasn't on the list also :lmao:

Thanks for the link.

I wouldn't describe Narcoossee's as quiet by a stretch! They also got it wrong about being open for lunch.

I personally completely agree with Captains Grille. It is a great one service resort restaurant. The menu options are unique and a great three course one price meal option. They just redid their dessert menu and I had an amazing chocolate giuanduja cake. I feel Captains Grille is a hidden gem. It is pretty fancy in there too for a one credit meal! I really like it there!

Ugh, I hate what passes for journalism these days. Matters of opinion aside, even a travel piece should be factually correct. Narcoosees open for lunch? $15 to 36 per person? Puh-leeze! Is basic fact checking too much to ask of a major magazine or news outlet?

:thumbsup2

the 15 dollar price tag was what made me realize the author had no idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter