Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

We have several pre-park opening breakfasts planned (800am/815am) and wondering what time we should be at the bus stops? What time do the buses start running?

Buses start rolling by 6:30AM every day. Unless MK opens at 7AM, then they start at 6AM. I would be AT the bus stop 60 minutes before you want to be at the park.

I apologize if this is already posted, but I can't find it anywhere. I'm wondering if the light on the pull down bed dims or is it just on/off? I can't decide if I should bring a night light for DD.

Thanks!

I don't know if anyone answered yet but the light does have a dimmer switch. I would still bring a night light though because even at its dimmest setting it's still fairly bright, especially because it's straight above you while you're lying down.

I don't know if anyone answered yet but the light does have a dimmer switch. I would still bring a night light though because even at its dimmest setting it's still fairly bright, especially because it's straight above you while you're lying down.
Thank you!

We have our first stay coming up in July. I have been reading as much as I can of this thread. I have a couple of questions. My mom, due to her knee, will have an ECV. How do you queue up with the ECV. At POR, there was a square where she waited. She is nervous enough with it; are people patient? Also, she likes to walk the resort without it- how do you go about requesting a room convenient for her? Thanks for your help.

So psyched! I'm staying here for the first time in a LM room 8/18-26!! I have a request for 4th floor, lake view on the reservation and have a TouringPlans fax set requesting that with a room location in Building 7.

Last edited:
Booking at AOA Nemo suite for the first time. What room request would you make for Nemo? Are their better views than other, top floor, bottom floor...? thanks

Booking at AOA Nemo suite for the first time. What room request would you make for Nemo? Are their better views than other, top floor, bottom floor...? thanks

It really depends on what's important to you. For our family, we like to be close to the bus stops and the food court (we use the refillable mugs a lot during our stays). The view isn't important to us for the most part. We've been on the 4th floor in a Lion King suite twice and if we wanted to enjoy the view, we had to be standing up to see anything other than tree tops and sky outside of the window. I think you can actually enjoy the view better on a lower floor (I know that sounds weird, but it will make sense when you're laying on a bed or sitting on the couch in a suite). We stayed in a Nemo suite this past summer. For this trip we wanted a first floor room in a quiet location that still provided the quick walk to the food court and bus stops like we had in the Lion King suites (both of those had been located at the end of the building closest to Animation Hall so we had a 2 minute walk to the food court and bus stops). I decided to request a room in Bldg 5, first floor, in the wing that juts out towards the Lion King buildings (as opposed to the "long" side of the building that borders the pool), facing the lake (because the nightly movies are shown on the lawn area between the Nemo Building and the Lion King building and I didn't know if that would be loud/disturbing...not that we were ever in the room when the movies were being shown. :-/ ). We were in room 5520 and it was perfect. It met all of our requirements and even though I know our floor was filled to capacity that week, we never had any problem with noise from the surrounding rooms. We were close to everything but because we were off the main hallway, it was a quiet location.

The Nemo suites are all in a pretty good location. It's nice to be close to the bridge to Pop Century because that makes it easy to use those buses when returning from a park if the AoA line is too long (though we didn't find that to be the case -- but we usually take the bus back to Pop at least once during our stay because the walk across the bridge at night offers a beautiful view of AoA all lit up).

It really depends on what's important to you. For our family, we like to be close to the bus stops and the food court (we use the refillable mugs a lot during our stays). The view isn't important to us for the most part. We've been on the 4th floor in a Lion King suite twice and if we wanted to enjoy the view, we had to be standing up to see anything other than tree tops and sky outside of the window. I think you can actually enjoy the view better on a lower floor (I know that sounds weird, but it will make sense when you're laying on a bed or sitting on the couch in a suite). We stayed in a Nemo suite this past summer. For this trip we wanted a first floor room in a quiet location that still provided the quick walk to the food court and bus stops like we had in the Lion King suites (both of those had been located at the end of the building closest to Animation Hall so we had a 2 minute walk to the food court and bus stops). I decided to request a room in Bldg 5, first floor, in the wing that juts out towards the Lion King buildings (as opposed to the "long" side of the building that borders the pool), facing the lake (because the nightly movies are shown on the lawn area between the Nemo Building and the Lion King building and I didn't know if that would be loud/disturbing...not that we were ever in the room when the movies were being shown. :-/ ). We were in room 5520 and it was perfect. It met all of our requirements and even though I know our floor was filled to capacity that week, we never had any problem with noise from the surrounding rooms. We were close to everything but because we were off the main hallway, it was a quiet location.

The Nemo suites are all in a pretty good location. It's nice to be close to the bridge to Pop Century because that makes it easy to use those buses when returning from a park if the AoA line is too long (though we didn't find that to be the case -- but we usually take the bus back to Pop at least once during our stay because the walk across the bridge at night offers a beautiful view of AoA all lit up).
Thanks so much for the great information!

Booked a Little Mermaid room for February 16-21! I was very surprised to find one of these rooms at such short notice. We are super excited to try out this resort!

We have our first stay coming up in July. I have been reading as much as I can of this thread. I have a couple of questions. My mom, due to her knee, will have an ECV. How do you queue up with the ECV. At POR, there was a square where she waited. She is nervous enough with it; are people patient? Also, she likes to walk the resort without it- how do you go about requesting a room convenient for her? Thanks for your help.

At Values, the lines for buses resemble a lot what you'll see at the parks. Regular line up is roped off by chains, it's not just free standing (and sometimes free for all) while waiting for the bus to arrive. And like at the parks, there is, toward the back area of each line, a separate area for people in ECVs and wheelchairs and the like to wait. It's actually easier at Values a lot of time because there's no multiple stops, so she'll be first to be let on without having to worry if people are already on the bus from previous stops and sitting in the accessible areas.

As far as walking around the resort, it depends on what you booked. It's not on the scale of a moderate like POR in regards to size, but it is still a pretty large resort. It's easily several minutes walk to the Little Mermaid buildings, for example, from the lobby area. So it depends on where you're already located. If you're in a standard room, I'd say maybe request close to transportation, so that you're not in the very last building of the section. Otherwise, if you're in a family suite, they should all be within fairly easy reach of one another. In any case, ground floor can also be a good thing to request so that she doesn't have to bother with taking the elevator.

Pretty excited that we decided to fly in a day earlier so we booked the one night at AoA before we move over to the Poly for 8 days! Love this resort!

Can I ask a question about towels?! Do they have them poolside and what about to take to water parks? TIA

Can I ask a question about towels?! Do they have them poolside and what about to take to water parks? TIA

I know that some value resorts have started having the towels poolside but I don't know if AoA is one of them. Every time we've stayed in a suite at AoA (most recently in June 2016), there were always large carts of towels by the elevators on the first floor of each building. I do remember that on our trip in 2015, there was actually a cart of towels by the Little Mermaid pool one night, but that was the only time I noticed that on any trip (and we used the LM pool a few times that trip). You can also take the towels from your room and just call mousekeeping before you head to the pool to let them know you need more towels. They usually bring them within a few minutes.

We don't go to the water parks so I can't help you there.

So excited to be staying here in April! We were originally booked for ASSports and I got a call a few days ago saying they are giving us a complimentary upgrade to AOA finding nemo suites due to someone renting it out. Having a DS7, they was a big YAY for us! We stayed at AOA in past years but it was in LM section. We loved the resort but not the walk to the rooms at night. I was surprised that the upgrade included the nemo, being preferred and all. We are easy to please when it comes to Disney so I was kind about the switch, what that poor lady probably went through that day with making all those calls of needing to switch people. A few days later, I checked my account to make sure the upgrade applied and noticed they marked our dining wrong. We had the regular plan and the deluxe was put down. So, I called and the first person said they couldn't help. They transferred me to a guest services person, who couldn't help. Finally, I was transferred to the ladies division that set up the upgrade. She wasn't there but her replacement was. He started to kindly laugh. I asked what was so funny, I didn't want to have her get in trouble for putting the wrong meal plan down or me getting charged extra. He said there was a special note about her wanting to upgrade our dining as a little extra pixie dust! :tink:I guess being greatful and patient was worth her time! So, off to do more reservations for dining...:rainbow::tigger:

Does the Mermaid rooms have microwave? I believe they don't have disposable utensils/bowls stocked but will they provide those (hopefully free!) if requested?

Does the Mermaid rooms have microwave? I believe they don't have disposable utensils/bowls stocked but will they provide those (hopefully free!) if requested?

Highly doubtful. The LM rooms are standard value rooms. Those do not have microwaves.

From your requests about dining ware before and now a microwave, it really sounds like you will be better suited in a suite and not a LM room.

Highly doubtful. The LM rooms are standard value rooms. Those do not have microwaves.

From your requests about dining ware before and now a microwave, it really sounds like you will be better suited in a suite and not a LM room.
I'm starting to think that too! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter