Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

The walk is,about 10 minutes. It was not horrible but after a long day in the parks it seemed long. The only thing it really stopped us from doing was filling up our refillable mugs.
We are just back from a Memo suite and love the resort. We stayed at AOA Memo, did a cruise on the dream and then 2 nights at POFQ. We all agreed we will do AOA again.
Personally I love the suites and it is worth the extra money to me for the extra space.
I would still pick LM room over Pop any day

The walk is,about 10 minutes. It was not horrible but after a long day in the parks it seemed long. The only thing it really stopped us from doing was filling up our refillable mugs.
We are just back from a Memo suite and love the resort. We stayed at AOA Memo, did a cruise on the dream and then 2 nights at POFQ. We all agreed we will do AOA again.
Personally I love the suites and it is worth the extra money to me for the extra space.
I would still pick LM room over Pop any day

Is the set-up for location of the bus stops like at Pop where you can cruise through the food court (assuming it's open) and refill on the way back to your room after parks?

Does anyone known how much it costs to rent a 4 person surrey? TIA:)
:)
(I "think" they are limited to Hourglass Lake "walkway" and Generation Gap Bridge.)
27448690315_5361a68b58_z.jpg

27377019831_9cd758048e_c.jpg

27172109120_edf4409b6e_c.jpg

Last edited:

I actually thought about renting a locker. Y the pool so I could drop off mugs in am after breakfast and pick up at night refill and take back to the room

I actually thought about renting a locker. Y the pool so I could drop off mugs in am after breakfast and pick up at night refill and take back to the room

We did that several times one week when we were in a far-flung room at Pop Century many years ago as well as a few times at ASMo. It worked great when our kids were little and we all traveled to and from the parks at the same time. Now that the kids are older and we tend to split up at some point during the day and don't always come back to the resort at the same time, it's not a good option for us anymore. But it was an awesome solution when they were young. Fortunately, our last 3 stays have been in a LK or Nemo suite in locations that are really close to the main building so it's not a big deal to go back to the room and send someone to the refill station with all of the mugs (in a carrier that holds all 6). If our kids were still little and we were in the LM section or certain areas of the Cars section, I wouldn't hesitate to rent a locker for our mugs most days.

Pool view Ground floor in the LM section. To hear it described it's as noisy as a rock concert held on an airport tarmac during a riot with someone operating a chainsaw in the room. Has anyone actually stayed in a room on ground floor? How bad is the noise?

Pool view Ground floor in the LM section. To hear it described it's as noisy as a rock concert held on an airport tarmac during a riot with someone operating a chainsaw in the room. Has anyone actually stayed in a room on ground floor? How bad is the noise?
We were ground floor in LM, but the side opposite the pool. Lake side rather than parking lot side. It wasn't noisy. The Little Mermaid pool was never crowded when we used it, but we were in the parks most of the day.

We were ground floor in LM, but the side opposite the pool. Lake side rather than parking lot side. It wasn't noisy. The Little Mermaid pool was never crowded when we used it, but we were in the parks most of the day.

That was our experience as well, the LM pool was never really crowded enough to make it too noisy. We stayed on ground floor with a parking lot view and it was very peaceful and quiet.

Can I ask a question about Bell Services.?

We will be dropped off at AOA quite late and are in a LM room. Do we need to take our luggage to our room or do Bell services do it? Sorry our first time in a value resort and we will have a reasonable amount of stuff as AOA is our first stop on a 18 night trip.

Thanks for any advice.

Can I ask a question about Bell Services.?

We will be dropped off at AOA quite late and are in a LM room. Do we need to take our luggage to our room or do Bell services do it? Sorry our first time in a value resort and we will have a reasonable amount of stuff as AOA is our first stop on a 18 night trip.

Thanks for any advice.
At the Values,Bell Services is called Luggage Assistance and they will help with your Luggage upon request.

I "think" their "stand" will be to your right when you step off the DME bus.:)

We did that several times one week when we were in a far-flung room at Pop Century many years ago as well as a few times at ASMo. It worked great when our kids were little and we all traveled to and from the parks at the same time. Now that the kids are older and we tend to split up at some point during the day and don't always come back to the resort at the same time, it's not a good option for us anymore. But it was an awesome solution when they were young. Fortunately, our last 3 stays have been in a LK or Nemo suite in locations that are really close to the main building so it's not a big deal to go back to the room and send someone to the refill station with all of the mugs (in a carrier that holds all 6). If our kids were still little and we were in the LM section or certain areas of the Cars section, I wouldn't hesitate to rent a locker for our mugs most days.

How much do the locker rentals at AoA cost?

On our way home from the Wilderness Lodge and my daughter has insisted on staying here next year. I am hating the thoughts of spending around $300 a night here for a Lion King room, but I guess that is what I'll end up having to pay, or more.

What is the cheapest rate you have gotten a suite here for? Tip, advice?

At the Values,Bell Services is called Luggage Assistance and they will help with your Luggage upon request.

I "think" their "stand" will be to your right when you step off the DME bus.:)
Thank you. Very helpful.

This may possibly be a weird question... but I'm going to throw it out there anyways.

We're planning our first trip to WDW for next March, staying at AoA in a little mermaid room. We're planning on eating a few meals in our room to save some money in the park. I've read up about Garden Grocer and other delivery services and that seems like a viable option.

Now... I've also read that standard value rooms do not have a microwave. How do you heat anything up?? Or is it cold food for everyone? I'm just curious how other people manage this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter