Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I was there from Oct 11-16th and didn't really run into problems with the Wifi.

I was there Oct 8-14 and DID have WiFi issues on and off. We were on the 2nd floor of Lion King. I just ignored it, did not care that much. If I shut off the Wifi and used my data (verizon) that was SO much better. But I only did that a few times, when I wanted to look something up on my iPhone (a brand new iPhone 6, not an old phone.) Issues with both phone and computer, it was up and down, in and out often.

We love Art of A so much, hoping for Cars next trip, we have stayed at Nemo and LK so far. Never noticed the noise TOO much, except loud kids coming in late from the parks, I was sleeping on the Murphy bed, near the door.

I'm taking a group here next year. Question - anyone been in the conjoined room?

What's in the cupboard next to the fridge?

Can someone find out what time the lifeguards are on duty?

I'm taking a group here next year. Question - anyone been in the conjoined room? What's in the cupboard next to the fridge? Can someone find out what time the lifeguards are on duty?

I would also like to know what is in the kitchen area in the suites? Paper products? Plastic silverware? Cups? Thanks!!

The kitchen area had paper plates, bowls, cups, plastic ware, paper towels, can opener. Maybe more, but that is what I remember.

Do they provide a cot or another bed in the suites? We have four large women and no one wants to sleep together

That is exactly what I requested as well and ended up 2nd floor (4 is highest) and parking lot view. But if I looked far left out of my window I could catch a glimpse of lake.

My only complaint was it was SO LOUD. There was a very large (15-20) family staying in the same wing with us as they didn't seem to care that it was 11pm and would run up and down the halls screaming, yelling, pounding on doors, stomping feet, etc. It was terrible, as our 1 yr old would be asleep by 8pm most nights. The walls were paper thin, as even "quiet" families who were talking as they walked by, you could hear their conversations clear as a bell.

I did ask when we first checked in to make sure we did not have a poolside room. But that didn't seem to make a difference with noise. Not sure where is best for least amount of noise or if it's just a matter of how packed they are and who is in your wing. Maybe ask to be put in a wing with few families?

Noise is my biggest fear and why we've never stayed at a value before. It's also why we've splurged for a cabin twice and are going to do so again in February. But I figured one night before a cruise was the best way to check it out. One night can't be that bad, right? :scratchin

Noise is my biggest fear and why we've never stayed at a value before. It's also why we've splurged for a cabin twice and are going to do so again in February. But I figured one night before a cruise was the best way to check it out. One night can't be that bad, right? :scratchin

Others have said they had no problem with noise, so I think it may just be luck of the draw and depend on how many people and who are in the same wing as you. I can't compare to non-value resorts as this was our first and only stay so far. Hopefully your one night turns out to be a great night!

Others have said they had no problem with noise, so I think it may just be luck of the draw and depend on how many people and who are in the same wing as you. I can't compare to non-value resorts as this was our first and only stay so far. Hopefully your one night turns out to be a great night!

I think it depends on how sensitive you are to noise too! We stayed at Pop a few years ago with good friends (connecting rooms). One morning they talked about how they couldn't get to sleep till very, very late because of the noise from people at the pool. We slept fine and didn't hear a thing.

Off topic, I love your user name. We love bassets too. We have one now, our third. :thumbsup2

We're taking a good white noise fan with us (my daughter already sleeps with it every night) and I'll crank that sucker up high! LOL!

We found it noisy too! If people would teach their children to be respectful of others than they wouldn't be running and screaming up/down the halls at 11pm!

We made sure we had a music box playing near the table bed and we had a white noise machine in our room.

I had requested a top floor room facing the parking lot, we were on the 2nd floor but facing the parking lot. Next time I would insist on top floor.

Do they provide a cot or another bed in the suites? We have four large women and no one wants to sleep together

Haven't heard of anyone getting a cot at AoA (but have heard of people requesting them at other resorts and getting them -- though they are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis). There is definitely room for a single-sized air-mattress, though. You could ship one ahead of time so it would be there when you arrive if you don't have room to pack one.

We found it noisy too! If people would teach their children to be respectful of others than they wouldn't be running and screaming up/down the halls at 11pm! .

That's the key right there. It doesn't matter how nice of a hotel I stay in, parents should teach their children respect and that they don't go screaming down a hotel hallway at ANY time of day. Sorry if that sounds strict, but seriously it's not hard to teach your kids the difference between an "inside voice" and an "outside voice" and that they are sharing a hotel with lots of other people. One of my biggest traveling pet peeves.

We are staying AoA in December and hoping for a high floor. I don't care about the view, since we don't plan on being their much except to sleep. Being near transportation would be nice, so that's what we requested. Highest floor, near transportation. I sometimes wonder if they really look at those requests or if you need to call.

I just checked in online, staying in 2 weeks in a LM room for 3 nights. I can't wait, I love AOA! I stayed with friends in a Finding Nemo suite 2 years ago, we all loved the suite and the resort.

As for the noise, it seemed very quiet two years ago, but maybe it is more luck of the draw. I travel a lot for work and always bring earplugs with me. There are usually people who have been out late walking back to their hotel rooms late at night and not using their inside voices. ;-)

We are staying at AoA in feb. , my parents will be wintering in Florida and will be an hour away. My question is, if we want to have dinner with them one night can a non resort guest park at a resort for dinner? Or is it best to meet at downtown disney?

We are staying at AoA in feb. , my parents will be wintering in Florida and will be an hour away. My question is, if we want to have dinner with them one night can a non resort guest park at a resort for dinner? Or is it best to meet at downtown disney?
Sure, a non-resort guest can park at any of the Disney resorts if they are dining there. Only quirk is Swan/Dolphin, where they would have to pay to park. I believe Shula's MAY validate parking, but I think it's the only one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter